Adult eating from children's menu

Lady Hiss

Mouseketeer
I have weird food intolerances (garlic, onion) and many table service menus don't offer a lot of choices for me, especially ethnic focused restaurants. In the past the chefs have come to our table and advised me of possible choices. Very appreciated, but it's a chore sometimes and very limiting. I've noticed many acceptable options on the children's menus. Is it possible for me to order from those menus (I'm willing to pay more than the kiddie price to do so)?
Thanks for sharing your experiences and/offering any advice.

Yes, for the most part. Some of the non-Disney owned restaurants in Epcot are stricter about the 9 and under rule. You can also often get adult sized kids meals at most restaurants.

My wife consistently orders from the kids menu, she likes the smaller meals for breakfast and lunch (and too be honest they arent very small compared to average food out in the real world). She has never been turned away or harassed when ordering them. For all they now you are ordering just one meal for your child.

Many thanks. I'm relieved to know I can order kid's menu items. One less thing to stress about.

I also like to order off the kid’s menu. I was told at Beaches & Cream by a nice but obviously nervous, uncomfortable waiter that they’re not suppose to allow it. At Tutto Italia, I was told absolutely no. So far, that’s the only two I’ve had issue with trying to order off the kid’s menu. It’s frustrating so those of us who can not or do not like to eat large meals. I wish all restaurants would give of an option of ordering a half size portion at least.

As a very picky eater with a nut allergy I am among those adults who tend to prefer the children's menu (or some kind of combo consisting of part of an adult entree and part of a kids' selection) and have had very few issues with this over the years at WDW! Most places are very accommodating and price-wise, I have been charged the kid's price, the adult price, or the CM has come up with a creative way to enter it in the system and its been an in between. Coral Reef, 50's Prime Time, and Citricos have been some of the best experiences I've had, as well as most QS places. :thumbsup2

The worst experience I've had was last year at BOG for their QS lunch and the CM was very judgmental and rude (even though I was traveling with children and ordered multiple kids meals... :rolleyes:), but honestly that's the only incident I can think of off the top of my head and that whole meal turned out to be a nightmare for various reasons so I'll just chalk it up to an unlucky day! I'm sure you'll have a great time and enjoy your meals! :) Let us know how it turns out! :goodvibes

If you are worried, at least when it comes to CS restaurants, maybe you could order ahead? They have online ordering, which is what I'm thinking of doing.

If you are worried, at least when it comes to CS restaurants, maybe you could order ahead? They have online ordering, which is what I'm thinking of doing.

It will absolutely not be an issue at any of the CS restaurants. They don’t know who is ordering what for who, and they don’t care either.

I'm betting the dining Plan might be a whole other problem. I'd love to order a kids meal at Typhoon Lagoon. Not only is the fact I don't care for a big portion there, I'd love to get a bucket!

The worst experience I've had was last year at BOG for their QS lunch and the CM was very judgmental and rude (even though I was traveling with children and ordered multiple kids meals... :rolleyes:), but honestly that's the only incident I can think of off the top of my head and that whole meal turned out to be a nightmare for various reasons so I'll just chalk it up to an unlucky day! I'm sure you'll have a great time and enjoy your meals! :) Let us know how it turns out! :goodvibes
My DD is a vegetarian and when she was a tween she ate like a bird. We ordered kids meals for her all the time. One of the places we had problems at was BOG dinner. They insisted that she order an adult sized kids meal and, of course, half of it was still on the plate when we were done and she didn't get a cupcake with her meal. The same thing happened at The Wave, Marrakesh, and Tokyo Dining. Everyplace else was fine, although I have heard that the table service in Mexico is pretty strict as well.

It will absolutely not be an issue at any of the CS restaurants. They don’t know who is ordering what for who, and they don’t care either.

Boy, that's for sure! When I first ordered off the child's menu at CS, I made a big production of looking off into the distance and saying "She wants..." and "I think she'd like...", thinking that maybe it did matter. But about my 4th time of doing this, the CM said to me "Would you like to substitute a small soft drink for the milk?" She knew what I was really doing, and she didn't care. Since then, I've dropped the act and everything's been fine. However, I haven't gotten up the nerve to try it at TS restaurants, where they can plainly see that there's no child in the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter