Adults-only Trip Help

mulberrybush

Mouseketeer
My DH and I are taking a short 4 night trip next May for our anniversary. We want to do the grown-up stuff we can't do with toddlers:
Backstage Magic Tour
KTTK Tour
Steam Train Tour
Chefs Table at Flying Fish
Cali Grill
Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party
Some of the HS and Epcot attractions that are considered "boring" for little ones.

This is obviously going to be a pricey getaway. I'd love to stay at Yacht Club, but I can't do $400/night. We can stay on points in a studio somewhere or stay off-site.

DH is ZERO help. He doesn't want to be involved in the planning and I'm maybe the most indecisive person ever! Not good. So I need help. Where would you stay? We won't be back and forth from the parks - once we leave the hotel in the morning, we're out all day, but I'd still like a little luxury in the room. I was considering VGF bc it will be open by then but I wouldn't get home resort advantage - how does that work the first year of a new resort? When it opens I'll be 7mths out.

I'd suggest an SSR studio. The main reason being that it gives you easy access to DTD. If I could take a 'kidless' trip with DW (also Zero help in these matters), that's where we would go. Other option would be BWV. Without kids we would definitely need Disney Transportation to get us home safely. I'm also betting that we would make rope drop many mornings either.

Heck, if I could pull off a trip without the kids, I'd be happy to pitch a tent at Fort Wilderness in January. Sooooo jealous..... Enjoy!

If you are looking to save a few dollars but remain in the Epcot resort area the Swan and Dolphin Hotels are great options! The rooms are more affordable than those at the Boardwalk or Yacht and Beach Club with rack rates. If you use points though, a studio at Boardwalk could be a great option as well :thumbsup2

I love the Art of Disney stores. When we don't have kids with us, I love to just poke around in those stores, and occasionally DH and I pays and laugh about how many thousands of dollars it would cost us in broken items if the kids were with us and running around.

DH and I go to Disney for a week every year without the kids. We go during Food and Wine, so we like to stay at an EPCOT area resort. We like to do a different Disney tour each trip, try some of the food and wine seminars at EPCOT, spend lots of time at the quiet pool and enjoy lots of nice dining. We even attend a party at the MK if we can. I think last year, we rode 3 or 4 rides all week and were totally entertained the whole trip.

juncker said:
I'd suggest an SSR studio. The main reason being that it gives you easy access to DTD. If I could take a 'kidless' trip with DW (also Zero help in these matters), that's where we would go. Other option would be BWV. Without kids we would definitely need Disney Transportation to get us home safely. I'm also betting that we would make rope drop many mornings either.

Heck, if I could pull off a trip without the kids, I'd be happy to pitch a tent at Fort Wilderness in January. Sooooo jealous..... Enjoy!

We are going for 6 nights in June without the kids. We're doing a split stay between BWV and SSR, so I obviously agree with your advice!

Studio at Beach Club. :thumbsup2 DH and I love it because of the easy access to the International gateway and we often hang out at night at Epcot with my DS in the kids club (he begs us each year to go every night :confused3). After dinner and drinks, it is nice to just walk back along the water.

Hope you have an awesome trip what ever you decide! :cool1:

Congratulations! We have begun to enjoy the empty nest and adult only stays at the DVC resorts. We concur with all the previous suggestions!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter