Adults only trip - September 2013 - PTR

HFJohnson

DIS Veteran
:cool1: Booked our train tickets today so I'm going back in September and we've managed to arrange childcare so DH is coming too! :cloud9:

I had originally planned to go either Monday 23rd or 30th to Wednesday 25th or 2nd trip but could only get cheap tickets for Wednesday-Friday (see my other thread about Eurostar) so we're going September 18th-20th. Hopefully it will be nice and quiet!

No hotel booked as yet. I have an annual pass but DH doesn't so I'm going to hang on a bit and see if Disney bring out a better deal for packages (2 nights free is no good to me!) otherwise I'll book room only with Expedia and buy another AP.

I was originally planning a solo trip and was going to give the Sante Fe a go but now DH is joining me I'm going to try and book the Sequioa Lodge as I think it will be a bit more romantic for the two of us!

All of our trips so far have been with the children and have been great fun but this time it's going to be lovely to be able to...

Stay up late
Not have anyone complaining about being tired/hungry/needing the loo!
Enjoy a very leisurely breakfast at Inventions and peaceful lunches/dinners
Sample some cocktails round the lake!

So excited!

We went to the sequoia last September 16-21st, The weather was perfect and it was really quiet - perfect really! So I am sure you will have a lovely time :)

Looks like we might be there just before you (11-15 September). We've never stayed offsite before but have booked the Dream Castle thru Travel Republic - 4 nights/5 days for 2 adults £290 which we thought was quite reasonable.

We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge for our honeymoon and this is probably our favourite on-site hotel that we have stayed in.

hi We are going on an adult only trip too in September and will be there from the 12th to 16th :cool1: . We're trying the NPB this time, so far we have tried DCR [loved it], Cheyenne [probably our favourite] DLH [beautiful] and Sequoia [OK], you might be able to enjoy a nice cocktail on the decking outside the Sequoia in September :)

We're a girl's only trip....but i would love to do a romantic trip just once with DH. Hope you have a lovely time :thumbsup2

K

I can't believe a whole seven months have gone by since I first started this thread but now it's only 16 days away!

Now the summer holidays are about over I can start planning :woohoo:

I'm still not completely sure about meals but my rough plan at the moment is...

Wednesday - Dinner - Walts/Blue Lagoon/Annette's

Thursday - Breakfast - DLH
Lunch - EoS
Dinner - Cape Cod

Friday - Breakfast - Sequoia Lodge
Lunch - Counter Service
Dinner - EoS to eat on the train

DH would quite like to have lunch at the DLH again though so I might scrap breakfast there and one of the dinners and do that instead. Decisions decisions!

As you know we are arriving on the 18th too. Adults only trip for us too ... actually our offspring are all adults but when we all go away together there is generally some moaning about something ...so with just the 2 of us we can do things a bit more chilled.

Sounds like some great plans you have there.

We're off the 25th for an adults trip too - fingers crossed for good September weather!

Oh yes :cool1::cool1: Although it's only two days for us as we set off for Ashford on Tuesday. Washing is on, passports, tickets, money etc are laid out ready so we're nearly there! I'm just about to make my dining reservations which now look like this...

Wednesday - Plaza Gardens for dinner
Thursday - Breakfast at SL
Lunch at EOS
Dinner at Cape Cod (followed by Dreams and Cocktails :goodvibes)
Friday - Breakfast at SL
Lunch at Inventions
EOS for tea on the train home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter