Advice for DL/Hollywood trip (# of days, etc.)

nukephd

Mouseketeer
My wife and I have never been to Disneyland or Hollywood. I've never been to California, but my wife has as a child although she doesn't remember a thing. Ideally, we wanted to spend a large amount of time flying into SF and driving the Pacific Highway, stopping along the way to our final destination of DL, but we don't have enough time to do that. We only have about 5-7 nights to spare. So we're thinking of just flying into LAX to visit DL and Hollywood.

We want to go pretty soon, the beginning of March, the week of the 6th. How long do you think it would take us to visit DL and DCA, and then tour around Hollywood? To give you an idea, we are thinking of doing the following:

1. Disneyland, California Adventure, and Downtown Disney
2. Hollywood Boulevard (Walk of Fame, Chinese Theater)
3. Beverly Hills tour (drive around and possibly go to rodeo drive)
4. See the Hollywood sign
5. Go to some coastal location: a beach or Santa Monica Pier

Other things that we may want to do if we would have time:
Studio Tour, Price is Right, La Brea Tar Pits, and anything else you would think I am missing.

We are thinking of just renting a car because we want to drive around and see the whole area considering we have never been there. Do you think that's a good idea? We both have GPS on our phones.

Also, do you think we should just stay in one hotel the whole time, or should we switch hotels when we get to the Hollywood part of the agenda? We are thinking of staying at the Candy Cane Inn, does that sound like a good selection?

So, in summary I was wondering:
What items do you think would be good to put on my agenda?
How long would it take to do all of that?
Should I just stay in the same hotel the entire time?
Should I rent a car?

Thanks!!

I think you should have at least three days to enjoy the Disneyland Resort. You should be able to see everything you want in that time frame but personally I like4-5 so I'm not rushed and can enjoy some things multiple times. We have a child though and they can slow you down:rotfl2:

I think you can do Hollywood in a day but that depends what all you want to do and see.

I think it's great to have a rental car so you can see and do what you want, when you want!

We have stayed at CCI and love it. The rooms aren't huge but they are comfy and the beds are great. The breakfast is an added bonus. I love that they have their own shuttle to the parks!

We have stayed in one hotel and traveled around So Cal and we have stayed at different hotels in one trip. How much do you like to unpack? How far away do you want to visit and how long would you spend there?

My husband and I are also thinking of a trip in May or September. I have never been; What are some other sights we may want to see.

If you like shopping Rodeo Dr is very nice. Pricey but always fun to window shop. You can visit the beaches. Newport, Huntinton, Laguna. Knotts Berry farm. Down the street from knotts is the midevil times rest. That is fun to eat at. Check with the vistiors center for orange county. I am sure online and they can direct you where to find coupons for all kinds of things. I know sometimes they have a special coupons for midevil times such as bogo free. I always liked going to knotts at christmas time as they will let you in the ghost town side for a fee and shop the shops and the vendors that come in and sell as well. If I can think of any thing else I will post some more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter