Advice for Week at the Grand Canyon?

kbelle8995

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I've never been West and I'm considering a week at the Grand Canyon.

If I go I will be flying in and spending a week in Mid May. Is the Grand Canyon workable in a week.

Also I'm considering staying in a cabin since there will be three possibly four of us.

Any help or advice regarding lodging, air flights and activities would be greatly appreciated. And Yes I've been to the Grand Canyon website. Just looking for more information. And anything on dining would be also appreciated.

Thank you:goodvibes:goodvibes

Are you and the rest of your party avid hikers? If not you could cut it down to two days. Or also visit Bryce and Zion. If you can backpack, sometimes hard when you need to fly in. The best hike is to the famous havasu falls. One day down, one up. You can also get there by helicopter. And go rafting as well while there. Also consider that Vegas is a easy half day drive from there.

Are you and the rest of your party avid hikers? If not you could cut it down to two days. Or also visit Bryce and Zion. If you can backpack, sometimes hard when you need to fly in. The best hike is to the famous havasu falls. One day down, one up. You can also get there by helicopter. And go rafting as well while there. Also consider that Vegas is a easy half day drive from there.

Well, my retired parents decided to go with me and they are in their seventies. So no hiking. But visiting Bryce and Zion sound promising how far away are they from the Grand Canyon Park. I even talked about riding the mule down or going horseback riding and I basically got told I would be doing it alone.

Is there anything to do in Vegas besides gambling?

Zion would be a good half day drive from the South Rim. You have to go all the way around. You could also visit the North Rim which is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away from Zion.

Thats a long time at the Grand Canyon, I would try to see some other National Parks as well. There is so much to see in Vegas and I rarely gamble. Many interesting museums - Vegas is truly unique, maybe more interesting than the Grand Canyon ( I know I'm going to get slammed for that one...)

Other posters have said it, Zion and Bryce are nearby, relatively speaking.

In LV there is tons to do, truly gambling is a small part of the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter