Advice

pjm170

Earning My Ears
Will be in Anaheim the last week in November, staying at Disneyland but want to see Universal, Knottsberry, Hollywood. Would it be worth staying at Disneyland the entire week and travel by rental car to the other attractions or just stay a couple days at DL and couple days near Universal?

Given the traffic we ran into last week, we decided not to go to Universal the last day. Instead we spent the extra day in DL. We just didn't feel like fighting our way up past Hollywood to get to Universal. So my answer would be to plan on staying closer to Universal when you go there. I am not sure how close Knottsberry is to DL, so I can't help on that one. :confused3

We drove to Universal from DL but stayed a night in san diego. The traffic was a pain but to me Universal didn't have as much for my kids to do (they are young) so I didn't want to be away from DL.

We stayed at Disney and went to Knotts, Universal City Walk & the Grove and had no problems with the traffic but then again for all people complain about Cali traffic it is better than here because there you actually move albeit at 30 MPH here we just sit still for 10-15 minutes and then crawl 2 feet and repeat.:confused3

We stayed at Disney and went to Knotts, Universal City Walk & the Grove and had no problems with the traffic but then again for all people complain about Cali traffic it is better than here because there you actually move albeit at 30 MPH here we just sit still for 10-15 minutes and then crawl 2 feet and repeat.:confused3

I am curious to where "here" is.It sound like how it is here in Washington State (at least on I-5) It is the worse heading up north from seattle sto & go drives me nuts!

Oh How I wish we were moving at 30 mph last week!!!! :lmao: No, no , no, we were sitting and crawling at about 5 mph at best. And it didn't matter if we were on I5, I405 or what ever else the highway was.
I live in Fairfield County CT and the traffic here is absolutely some of the worst I have seen of anywhere (as far as highways go). But our experiences last week rivalled I95 from Greenwich to New Haven. All we can say is YUCK! :sad2: But maybe we just hit it on a few bad days? :confused: Oh well, it was enough to make us give up on Universal for this trip.... Maybe next time.

BTW, San Diego traffic was a total non issue for us. ;)

Oh How I wish we were moving at 30 mph last week!!!! :lmao: No, no , no, we were sitting and crawling at about 5 mph at best. And it didn't matter if we were on I5, I405 or what ever else the highway was.
I live in Fairfield County CT and the traffic here is absolutely some of the worst I have seen of anywhere (as far as highways go). But our experiences last week rivalled I95 from Greenwich to New Haven. All we can say is YUCK! :sad2: But maybe we just hit it on a few bad days? :confused: Oh well, it was enough to make us give up on Universal for this trip.... Maybe next time.

BTW, San Diego traffic was a total non issue for us. ;)

Thats where I'm from too. Our traffic is worse than LA IMO. We sit and don't move on 95 & 84 and it runs from the NY state line to New Haven on 95 and from the NY state line to Hartford on 84.

Will be in Anaheim the last week in November, staying at Disneyland but want to see Universal, Knottsberry, Hollywood. Would it be worth staying at Disneyland the entire week and travel by rental car to the other attractions or just stay a couple days at DL and couple days near Universal?

I did a similar type of trip and drove from Anaheim to Hollywood on 1 day and from Anaheim to Universal on another and from Anaheim to Santa Monica on a third day.

I regretted it big time!!

I would suggest grouping Hollywood and Universal into two consecutive days at the start (or end) and book a closer hotel. The days will be longer at the attractions and you will not be worn out by the traffic.

If (when?) I go back I will use this approach.

Have fun

Drew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter