Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a little disappointed the guardians building isn’t getting themed in order to mask it. With that said it looks like they’re doing a good job of camouflaging it into the sky

Not disagreeing but what do you mean by themed versus the camouflage? Seems like anything else might stick out more

Not disagreeing but what do you mean by themed versus the camouflage? Seems like anything else might stick out more
For whatever reason I was picturing something like mission breakout in Anaheim even though I know the rides are different experiences. Idk, something that fit with the guardians theme.

I guess I’m not super bothered by things sticking out or not at Epcot anyways. The sight lines there are probably the worst out of any park, between the swan and dolphin, tower of terror (which to give credit they tried to blend into Morocco) and the soarin building visible from different areas

I agree with what you said. However if they would do something similar to what they did in DCA I think it would stick out tremendously IMO. On the other hand Imwas there a few weeks ago and the only view point where the building stood out was as you entered the park from the parking lot. So all in all it probably doesn’t make much difference

I agree with what you said. However if they would do something similar to what they did in DCA I think it would stick out tremendously IMO. On the other hand Imwas there a few weeks ago and the only view point where the building stood out was as you entered the park from the parking lot. So all in all it probably doesn’t make much difference
If it stuck out because it was themed to the ride it wouldn’t personally bother me much. But at least they’ve made the effort to not “theme” it but make it as unnoticeable as you can possibly make a building that size

Is there a concise list somewhere to see what changes are coming to Epcot? We went to WDW May 2017 and 2018 but won't be back until Sep 2020. Hoping by then crowds die down a bit for Star Wars. It made a huge difference waiting a year to see Avatar as we were able to get there right at opening and walk on in less than 15-20min.

Dang I wish they also pushed the shutter button a couple seconds later for the other pool and those odd block walls. Oh well eventually.

A great shot though-love the chopper skid.

enhance

Dang I wish they also pushed the shutter button a couple seconds later for the other pool and those odd block walls. Oh well eventually.

A great shot though-love the chopper skid.

enhance

I keep thinking back to the DVC at CBR thread and the hundreds of "No way can there be a Deluxe DVC at CBR" and I look at that picture and I think "This resort is going to be so friggin' popular with DVC members that you can walk out of the hotel 100 yards and sit in a gondola and be in Epcot in 5 minutes." Combine that with a fireworks view rooftop deck and the easy access to DHS / Star Wars this place is gonna sell like hotcakes.

I keep thinking back to the DVC at CBR thread and the hundreds of "No way can there be a Deluxe DVC at CBR" and I look at that picture and I think "This resort is going to be so friggin' popular with DVC members that you can walk out of the hotel 100 yards and sit in a gondola and be in Epcot in 5 minutes." Combine that with a fireworks view rooftop deck and the easy access to DHS / Star Wars this place is gonna sell like hotcakes.

You are most definitely correct! I’m just hoping that our BWV points (enough for a 2-BR during Thanksgiving week) will be sufficient for a few nights in the (rumored) 2-person studios!

You are most definitely correct! I’m just hoping that our BWV points (enough for a 2-BR during Thanksgiving week) will be sufficient for a few nights in the (rumored) 2-person studios!

I don't think they are going to make the nightly points too high. I mean, I don't think they will be as high as say the Grand Floridian. It'll be higher than BWV though - but I think more in-line with what they did at BLT. Their will be a standard room, a "lake view" room, and a "Theme Park view" room, and points-wise you'll see something similar to BLT with the "Theme Park" view rooms the only really high point rate.

I don't think they are going to make the nightly points too high. I mean, I don't think they will be as high as say the Grand Floridian. It'll be higher than BWV though - but I think more in-line with what they did at BLT. Their will be a standard room, a "lake view" room, and a "Theme Park view" room, and points-wise you'll see something similar to BLT with the "Theme Park" view rooms the only really high point rate.

I hope you’re right again...!

Such a great thread. Yep many folks had little faith/vision it seems to be turning out.

I was just at Old Port Royale a couple weeks ago, and while I kinda like the old "indoor mall" dining, it definitely had a better feel for Riviera visitors IMO. That and just being brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter