Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I don't remember enough about that. Seems to me like it satisfies a need. This is just a small appetizer before SWGE to me, so there's a limit to how much attention I've paid to it. :)
We were supposed to have an entire woodys round up area. With merch and meet and greets. Also Al’s Toy Barn. I believe the quick service was a bit larger. The coaster was also more elaborate with trenches and more decor throughout.

I’d also argue we should have got 3 attractions instead of 2.

We were supposed to have an entire woodys round up area. With merch and meet and greets. Also Al’s Toy Barn. I believe the quick service was a bit larger. The coaster was also more elaborate with trenches and more decor throughout.

I’m really convinced we should’ve gotten an entire pixar section and not toy story (and no I’m not saying I want Pixar pier :crazy2:)

I kind of wish we'd gotten the Bullseye version of AS2/Mater, and the RC ride Shanghai got. It's also awesome to see they got a fully realized Al's Toy Barn.

I kind of wish we'd gotten the Bullseye version of AS2/Mater, and the RC ride Shanghai got. It's also awesome to see they got a fully realized Al's Toy Barn.

I could be wrong but I think the reason we didn't get rc racer or the army parachute ride from DLP is because Disney doesn't want those attractions seen from inside Star Wars Galaxy Edge.

As many have mentioned before, I wish Disney would have added a sit down Toy Story character dining restaurant. Pizza Planet character dining would have been awesome.
Speaking of dining, my son (7) keeps saying that the QS should be called Andy's Lunch Box. Which actually makes more sense.

Last edited:

In the Toy Story Land pictures, I keep wondering where the seating area for Woody's Lunch Box will be. I know its a walk up counter, but assumed that like Flame Tree there would be outdoor seating somewhere. I can't imagine getting my daughter a kids meal with a sandwich, tots, oranges, and a drink and expecting her to eat it standing up. Even on a bench, that's a lot to juggle for a preschooler. I get that they still are adding things and picnic tables are easy to put in at the last minute, but I don't see any space big enough that looks like where they would put a ton of tables.

Any ideas?

In the Toy Story Land pictures, I keep wondering where the seating area for Woody's Lunch Box will be. I know its a walk up counter, but assumed that like Flame Tree there would be outdoor seating somewhere. I can't imagine getting my daughter a kids meal with a sandwich, tots, oranges, and a drink and expecting her to eat it standing up. Even on a bench, that's a lot to juggle for a preschooler. I get that they still are adding things and picnic tables are easy to put in at the last minute, but I don't see any space big enough that looks like where they would put a ton of tables.

Any ideas?
There will be outdoor tables. They haven’t set them up yet as finishing touches have been on going.

When was the last time we got everything that was announced the first time? I don't think WDW has ever managed it. Certainly not when MK or EPCOT opened and not in any of the recent large expansions either. Heck, they can't even follow through on their big D23 announcements anymore, which really should be set in stone kind of things.

The first art release is always done for the most things with the most hype. Disney does not believe in under promise, over deliver. They know that over promise, under deliver works quite well with their customers. The over promise creates the hype, the under deliver gets swept under the carpet.

This is a fine land for the target audience. Not exceptional, but it was always kind of a kids balance to SW:GE. It looks cute, well themed, puts up 2 new rides, with one being unique to all the Disney parks, and a themed QS... pretty much par for the course. Looking forward to seeing it in January.

I’m really convinced we should’ve gotten an entire pixar section and not toy story (and no I’m not saying I want Pixar pier :crazy2:)

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the long term goal. TSL is a manageable project that could be fit in, time and budget, as a stop-gap before SW:GE opens. But they have plenty of opportunity in the future to extend the Pixar presence to the other side of TSMM, i.e., Animation Courtyard and even beyond that to connect to RNRC.

Just don't expect any of that until after the 50th anniversary.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the long term goal. TSL is a manageable project that could be fit in, time and budget, as a stop-gap before SW:GE opens. But they have plenty of opportunity in the future to extend the Pixar presence to the other side of TSMM, i.e., Animation Courtyard and even beyond that to connect to RNRC.

Just don't expect any of that until after the 50th anniversary.
Can definitely see it as a possibility, but I just want it done well if they choose to do it (not Pixar pier)

Any ideas?

Tables will be in this area..

upload_2018-6-20_14-23-49.png

Thank you.

That seems like a rather small area for the only eatery in the land. It will probably be enough once SWGE opens, but I can see it being rather crowded for our trip in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter