Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's idea was it to have outdoor tables when it rains all the time in FL? No shelter at all between Pixar Place and the Galaxy's Edge entrance. Who enjoys getting soaked? (unless you're on a flume ride?)
Other than the roof on Alien Swirling Saucers pretty much all of Toy Story Land is outdoors. Even much of the queues for both new rides are outside.

They really phoned that one in.
In my experience, it is hard to tell such things from photographs. I remember the first impressions of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin from photos were similar, and that attraction turned out to be one of our favorite attractions.

Haters gonna hate? I don't get it either.
There's always a good bit of that, no?

Thank you.

That seems like a rather small area for the only eatery in the land. It will probably be enough once SWGE opens, but I can see it being rather crowded for our trip in September.

There's only three rides.....I really don't think one QS stop is out of line for this land.

And September being one of the lowest attended months (why we're going then this year), not sure it's a legit concern.

I thought I saw in concept art, that the seating area will be covered with a canvas? I think I see a yellow pole in that photo that might be part of that. Covering is as much for shade as it is rain.

That’s really weird especially with the queue thing. You’d think 40 plus years of dealing with Florida weather would teach them otherwise
I agree that a surprising amount is outdoors and FL weather will play into it. Hoping much of the queue areas is under cover.

Wondering if they're designing it this way due to Andy's backyard being the setting? Purely a guess there.

I agree that a surprising amount is outdoors and FL weather will play into it. Hoping much of the queue areas is under cover.

Wondering if they're designing it this way due to Andy's backyard being the setting? Purely a guess there.
It’s not even the outdoor rides factor, it’s what was said about a lot of the queues not being covered. That may work in California where the sun isn’t as punishing but it’s such an oversight imo for a Florida Park.

Then again they’ve been doing it for 60+ years so what do I know right?

In my experience, it is hard to tell such things from photographs. I remember the first impressions of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin from photos were similar, and that attraction turned out to be one of our favorite attractions.

There's always a good bit of that, no?

I was only referring to the building that was themed as a cardboard box, I can't believe they couldn't come up with something more creative.

Thank you.

That seems like a rather small area for the only eatery in the land. It will probably be enough once SWGE opens, but I can see it being rather crowded for our trip in September.
It won't be that bad but I won't be sitting to eat anyway. I'll grab a brisket sandwich and one of those green fruity drinks and grab the kids some of those pop tart looking things, maybe a few of them for me also and eat while I wait in the 3 hour line for SDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter