Afternoon entry thoughts

Supermavs

Mouseketeer
I've never spent a partial day at DL. If we come in the afternoon, say2 or 3pm, I’m assuming the fast passes will all be gone. (Going July 31).

What’s the best way to maximize our enjoyment so it feels worth the extra cost to get in that day?

It will be just my 14 yr old daughter and me. I’m thinking we try for single rider lines on the rides that have that. Any other than Space Mountain? Aim for the fireworks so we have two shots at that?

We are not big sit down meal people.

Becky

There might still be a fair amount of passes left for some of the higher capacity attractions (small world, mansion, etc) and you can supplement those with single rider. Maxpass may seem counterintuitive with the E tickets possibly gone but it may be worth it to conveniently snag some of those other passses that last later into the day and night. (Another nice thing about max pass is you can check for new openings/cancellations on e tickets which you can’t do with legacy fp).

For an afternoon entry, we like to take in atmosphere, shows, and anything "less busy." Unless it is a holiday or especially busy time, there will likely be fastpasses left for many rides. If there are Space, Indy, or Splash ones, those could be for rather late, but those rides and Matterhorn all have single rider options too I think. I would expect there to still be fastpass for Buzz, Mansion, and Small World and probably Roger Rabbit and Thunder too. If fireworks are important to you, then I would definitely try for them earlier rather than later in case of cancellations due to wind.

My next trip I’ll be coming in around 3. I also take it easy that first day.

The last time we did the we entered an hour before park close to ride Indy. Kids were sleeping so I stayed with them. I ended up getting a great spot for Ptn! The cm didn’t want to let us in lol I told him to get his manager and he let us in. Eye roll.

We were upgrading to ap’s.

Check the app when you arrive to see which FPs are still left. This will save you lots of running around, especially if you don't have MP. Planning for fireworks your first night is a good idea. Just have a back up plan in case the show gets cancelled. Have a few ideas about where you want to eat (CS should be fine -- DLR has lots of good options). Aim for non-peak times so that you don't waste a lot of time in lines. Have a credit card loaded on your app so you can use mobile order to save even more time. Depending on your mood, after fireworks, you might want to cruise over to NOS to see about finding standby spots for the second show of F!. There is space in front of the CO patio. Since there are only two of you (and no little ones), this might work! Knocking out two shows with your first have day would really open up your other two days.

We've had good luck with Maxpass in the afternoons. I think we've done a lot more than we could have without it. However, we've added it to our AP's so I don't feel like we are wasting money.

Since the difference between 4-day and 5-day tickets on LMT is, like, $4, we decided to go with the 5-day and go into the parks on our arrival day. Our goal is fireworks, but we'll definitely try to do some other attractions, too!

Since the difference between 4-day and 5-day tickets on LMT is, like, $4, we decided to go with the 5-day and go into the parks on our arrival day. Our goal is fireworks, but we'll definitely try to do some other attractions, too!
We did this with 3 to 4 day! $15 more!

We did this with 3 to 4 day! $15 more!
We were originally three days, then changed to four, and then five. There's a difference of less than $20 each to add two days, and this year, we can arrive early and leave late in the day. Usually we can't - our girls trip is usually over a four-day weekend in March, and we leave (Phoenix) Thursday after school, and have to be back for dance class by 5:30 on Monday. So this is kinda cool for us.

Last edited:
We love arriving in the afternoon (after our 6 hour drive) and heading into the parks. You will usually be able to still get some Fastpasses(big thunder, small world, etc). We will check and see what FP are available. Grab one of those and then just relax and do other things. Last time we went we did PP as the 2nd ride after arriving. The line was 30 minutes. It was actually fun and not stressful. We like to do rides that have decent wait times, or ones like PP that are always going to be a wait, shopping, and we always try and watch the fireworks that first night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter