ahhhhh!

K

kitalyn414

hi all!!!

i'm a newbie planning my first trip to wdw for october 12-17. we have a group of 4 (2 couples) and are staying at the coronado springs resort. no one in the group has ever been to wdw, and i have been put in charge of organizing. lo and behold, i stumbled upon this website while doing my research and..... WOW!!! i am totally overwhelmed! i want to make sure that everyone has a good time and also plan things that are "budget conscious" for us to do while we are there.

i guess i am wondering if anyone has some suggestions as to how to split up our trip. our plane arrives around 3:30pm on that tuesday and we depart sunday afternoon. it seems like the big "must sees" are the shows like illuminations, wishes, fantasmic, etc.

here is what i am generally thinking:

night #1 - dinner somewhere on the boardwalk and jellyrolls
day #2 - breakfast at our hotel followed by mgm
day #3 - epcot
day #4 - animal kingdom in the morning, magic kingdom at night
day #5 - open (probably back to epcot? we anticipate this will be our favorite)

we'll definitely go over to pleasure island one (or more) night(s) to check it out. i'm totally overwhelmed by the whole priority seating thing and am becoming a stress case trying to figure it all out, so i am leaning towards not making any reservations. is this a huge mistake???

i guess the question is... how effective is the "play it by ear" plan?

Well, I'm just curious..how did you post without being registered, and how come yoru post didn't give a number 1, for your first post??

except on weekends...you might want to ensure that you're there in the earlier part of the day unless you're there for a Friday or Saturday. Oh wait, there you are! It'd be a Saturday night for you, wouldn't it! I think the October park hours just went up on Disney's site.

Just a thought.

I wouldn't advise skipping priority seatings. It's not a huge deal, just look over the restaurants and see what you like.

I find Bob Sehlinger's The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World invaluable, and it's sometimes easier to start with all the information laid out at your fingertips, and then plow around for specific questions and details here.

Don't forget mousesavers.com for lots of budget tips!

Good luck, and relax! Disney is a LOT about planning, but more about having fun!

Kris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter