Air BnB in Tokyo

I'm planning on trying JTB first and then if I'm not lucky I will also try Lawson's. We really want to see the museum so I will make any effort to secure tickets. To me, it's no different than trying to get FPs for Disney World.

I would say it's considerably harder to secure tickets to the museum on a given day than to get a FP+ for Pandora Flight of Passage. But who knows, I seem to remember mid May had better availability then some other periods. Getting a FP+ though is very different. You can keep trying through out your stay to change or add something vs. once the tickets are gone, they are gone outside of the 15,000 yen per person tour.

If you live near a JTB office, I think it is easier to secure tickets than if you need them mailed. Make sure you apply on the 1st and if you do not receive an auto-generated email back from JTB, it did not go through and keep making sure to apply or call to make sure you are in. Some branches can take phone requests and some can not. I would avoid the CA branch unless you can go into one of them in person.

If you stay at a hotel with a good enough concierge, they can book the Ghibli tickets via Lawson for you as well as the Pokemon Cafe. The Pokemon Cafe should be booked 1 month before your intended visit and again must be booked for a specific time. My Tokyo hotel just booked the Pokemon Cafe for me, and I am debating having them book the Ghibli tickets as well, since I bet they can do it.

And for anyone curious:
https://soranews24.com/2017/10/27/k...turns-into-rain-and-disappears-into-your-tea/

That's the Cloud Coffee place in Kyoto and

https://www.sweetyhigh.com/read/pokemon-cafe-menu-2018-030218

There is the Pokemon Cafe Menu, though I would't be surprised if they switch it up occasionally.

And speaking of Ghibli, there is also of course the Totoro Cream Puff Cafe owned by a relative of Miyazaki's
https://fastjapan.com/en/p131869

I would say it's considerably harder to secure tickets to the museum on a given day than to get a FP+ for Pandora Flight of Passage. But who knows, I seem to remember mid May had better availability then some other periods. Getting a FP+ though is very different. You can keep trying through out your stay to change or add something vs. once the tickets are gone, they are gone outside of the 15,000 yen per person tour.

If you live near a JTB office, I think it is easier to secure tickets than if you need them mailed. Make sure you apply on the 1st and if you do not receive an auto-generated email back from JTB, it did not go through and keep making sure to apply or call to make sure you are in. Some branches can take phone requests and some can not. I would avoid the CA branch unless you can go into one of them in person.

If you stay at a hotel with a good enough concierge, they can book the Ghibli tickets via Lawson for you as well as the Pokemon Cafe. The Pokemon Cafe should be booked 1 month before your intended visit and again must be booked for a specific time. My Tokyo hotel just booked the Pokemon Cafe for me, and I am debating having them book the Ghibli tickets as well, since I bet they can do it.

And for anyone curious:
https://soranews24.com/2017/10/27/k...turns-into-rain-and-disappears-into-your-tea/

That's the Cloud Coffee place in Kyoto and

https://www.sweetyhigh.com/read/pokemon-cafe-menu-2018-030218

There is the Pokemon Cafe Menu, though I would't be surprised if they switch it up occasionally.

And speaking of Ghibli, there is also of course the Totoro Cream Puff Cafe owned by a relative of Miyazaki's
https://fastjapan.com/en/p131869
I just meant that you have to wake up early and prepare to book both lol.

The closest JTB office to us is 3+ hours away. Do we have to be able to drive to the office or just have one kind of close?

We are planning on staying with a host on AirBnB for our Tokyo part of our trip. I might ask them if they are able to book the Pokemon Cafe for me. Otherwise, is there a good website I can book that on?

I just meant that you have to wake up early and prepare to book both lol.

The closest JTB office to us is 3+ hours away. Do we have to be able to drive to the office or just have one kind of close?

We are planning on staying with a host on AirBnB for our Tokyo part of our trip. I might ask them if they are able to book the Pokemon Cafe for me. Otherwise, is there a good website I can book that on?

I just mean it's trickier than FP+. There was a hurricane that ended up hitting at the end of my stay in September 2017, but when I started that trip I had no FP+s for Flights of Passage and by the time I left I'd gotten 3 or 4 FP+s for it which I picked up by just checking on a semi regular basis. The Ghibli Museum is not like that.

Again, as was posted, I would make sure your host really can well host. I suspect the majority of hosts are in violation as I heard most parts of Tokyo had passed insanely strict rules because most Japanese don't want AirBnBs in their buildings. To be fair, I'm not sure I can blame them. I know a lot of cities in the USA with large rental markets are also trying to crack down on them as they artificially raise prices for residents and there is not much people can do about bad guests. I would check on a fairly regular basis to see if anyone is posting they had reservations suddenly canceled post June 15. I know the host we ended up using in SoCal after our first host canceled 3 days before our arrival told us to lie and say we were old college friends if anyone asked about us. We were quiet and good guests so no one asked, but it was clear what he was doing was not wanted in his community.

I believe the Pokemon Cafe only has a website in Japanese, you can try to use Google Translate to book a reservation if your host can not help you.
https://reserve.pokemon-cafe.jp/ You can also see if the staff at the Hilton would be willing to help you, despite not staying there at that time. You can email them once you have a definitive reservation. I'm spending my last two nights in Tokyo at a luxury hotel and they've offered to hold some of my bags while I travel around Kansai and Chubu.

JTB offices are challenging sometimes. Mine is about 2 hours away in NYC, but they forced me to go through the CA branch even though they had tickets for one of my dates and by the time I contacted the CA branch everything was gone. I do know people who got tickets via the Lawson website. It mostly involves with being aware of when exactly the tickets go on sale in Japan. For people in the continental USA, that means sometime on the 9th of the month.

I just mean it's trickier than FP+. There was a hurricane that ended up hitting at the end of my stay in September 2017, but when I started that trip I had no FP+s for Flights of Passage and by the time I left I'd gotten 3 or 4 FP+s for it which I picked up by just checking on a semi regular basis. The Ghibli Museum is not like that.

Again, as was posted, I would make sure your host really can well host. I suspect the majority of hosts are in violation as I heard most parts of Tokyo had passed insanely strict rules because most Japanese don't want AirBnBs in their buildings. To be fair, I'm not sure I can blame them. I know a lot of cities in the USA with large rental markets are also trying to crack down on them as they artificially raise prices for residents and there is not much people can do about bad guests. I would check on a fairly regular basis to see if anyone is posting they had reservations suddenly canceled post June 15. I know the host we ended up using in SoCal after our first host canceled 3 days before our arrival told us to lie and say we were old college friends if anyone asked about us. We were quiet and good guests so no one asked, but it was clear what he was doing was not wanted in his community.

I believe the Pokemon Cafe only has a website in Japanese, you can try to use Google Translate to book a reservation if your host can not help you.
https://reserve.pokemon-cafe.jp/ You can also see if the staff at the Hilton would be willing to help you, despite not staying there at that time. You can email them once you have a definitive reservation. I'm spending my last two nights in Tokyo at a luxury hotel and they've offered to hold some of my bags while I travel around Kansai and Chubu.

JTB offices are challenging sometimes. Mine is about 2 hours away in NYC, but they forced me to go through the CA branch even though they had tickets for one of my dates and by the time I contacted the CA branch everything was gone. I do know people who got tickets via the Lawson website. It mostly involves with being aware of when exactly the tickets go on sale in Japan. For people in the continental USA, that means sometime on the 9th of the month.
The host we are staying with already has their license. They showed me pictures and all of the documents they had to fill out to get the license.

I was able to use Google Translate just now to figure out the Pokemon Cafe website. I will probably end up booking it on my own so my host doesn't have to fool with it. I know she has gone with guests before when they invited her places, though.

We bought Ghibli Museum tickets through the link on the museum website. Lot of stress but I was SO happy we got them. We all adored the museum. We planned on a few hours and ended up spending most of the day. My kids said that was their favorite part of our stop in Tokyo (& that stop included a day at Tokyo DisneySea).

We bought Ghibli Museum tickets through the link on the museum website. Lot of stress but I was SO happy we got them. We all adored the museum. We planned on a few hours and ended up spending most of the day. My kids said that was their favorite part of our stop in Tokyo (& that stop included a day at Tokyo DisneySea).
I'm really hoping to get tickets for it! We will have 4 days to choose from so I would hope we could get tickets for one of those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!