Airfare from MSP

K P & J's Grandma

Now there are 4 grandchildren - K, P, J & A!!!
We are planning our trip for August --- I have been checking airfare for more than a month. From Msp to Lax it had been running $342 ---- this week it jumped to $612 OUCH!!!! How can that be???? I've checked on other airfare at locations in the Disneyland area ---- Burbank is the only one in the $350 area right now ----- Should we junp on Burbank now or wait to see if any other offers come up for a different location????
We have been to WDW many times --- this will be our first trip to Disneyland ---- so we are 'clueless'!!!!!

We are from North Dakota and had also been looking at airfare from MSP for our April trip. It was awful. We could fly from ND for $370 with connection in MSP. It didn't make any sense. We usually find better deals from MSP. I don't know what to tell you about when to buy. The longer I waited the more it went up.

Good Luck!

Have you looked into flying into John Wayne airport? It's the closest to DL. I think NW flies there if I remember right. America West sometimes has cheap fares, too.

I know fares are all over the board right now--I spent the last two days trying to get tickets from San Francisco area to Dallas for the week after Easter, and the fares were fluctuating wildly every hour!

Good luck!

We booked a few weeks back when United was having a sale (a lot of airlines were having sales out west). Our fare was $205.20 ppn total.

If you have flexibility on dates, try including flying in or out (or both) on weekdays especially mid-week. Otherwise, I would hold tight. Many of the 'summer' sales are just getting started. Be sure to check flying in and out of SNA and LAX.

I'm with you on the prices. I live in Iowa and the cheapest is $400 total. And some of the airlines have nasty layovers (this is to LAX even). SNA has very few choices for return times and the price is even higher. We are going 6/24. Airtran to Orlando is so much cheaper and easier!

We are still checking on airfare. We have 'vouchers' with Delta - so that is why we are looking at that specific alrline - yes, other airlines are cheaper!!
I keep checking on flight from MSP to ----- LAX -- BUR -- ONT -- LGB -- SNA. BUR is still the cheapest - $358. Anyone know what kind of 'traffic' we would be running into getting to & from BUR to the Residence Inn Annaheim Maingate????

Im coming from Iowa and have noticed the fares are jumping right now. Ive been watching them and they went from 350 to 450 in a day and then back down and now back up. Just watch daily and when it goes down buy. Also I have bought tickets in the past from both hotwire and priceline with success and no complaints.

where in Iowa and what airport are you flying from? I'm using Moline and the airline with the best schedule for me is American. everyday in the paper Airtran has the $99 fare to Orlando, so this makes me sick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter