• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airfare Rates During Thanksgiving Weekend???

wdwluvr

Earning My Ears
I'm wondering what airfare rates are like the Saturday during any Thanksgiving weekend? It seems like most people travel to wherever they are going on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving and return from where they travelled to on Sunday. Is this typical? If it is, it would seem like the rates wouldn't be as bad on Sat. as they would be on Wed and Sun. What do you think? We want to go to WDW on Sat, Nov 30 through Sat, Dec 7. It looks like it's the only time we can go but I don't want to pay a fortune for airfare, or we might not be able to go at all. We are a family of 5 flying from Salt Lake City. Thanks!

The entire weekend is pretty busy, but good fares do exist! Go to Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and put in your travel dates and see what pops up.

I highly suggest you NOT book through them, just find the fare there and book directly through the airline!!! Just keep checking. It seems the best fares seem to show up about 5-6 months before travel. If a fare you are comfortable with shows up book it immediately. Don't wait to save $10 per ticket, because as much as they could always go down a few dollars, they could also go up a few hundred.

Anne

Going to Disney after Thanksgiving is easier than returning home, in addition arriving in Orlando early in the day then is easier to book at a low fare. But for that weekend I still recommend booking quickly at their everyday low price as opposed to wait for a sale.

Both Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving have a small number of cheap seats, nonstops tend to go very fast, around 11 months in advance on some routes.

For those planning to be at Disney over Thanksgiving and leaving immediately after, Saturday night seats go faster than Sunday morning seats especially on nonstops.

More Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 (World Inn* off I4 near DD)
4/85 (Kon-Tiki* on 192)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 POR
9/97 ASMu
11/98 ASMu
12/98 (Knights Inn on 192)
9/99 ASMo
12/00 ASSp
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
*no longer exists

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter