Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Good news for people who bought cheese slices from metro during the flash offer, IT WORKED! We bought 1 package of cheddar slices and one swiss for $10, I submitted the receipt in the car on the way home Sunday afternoon and it showed as "in process" the 3 miles just posted now so I am just waiting on the extra ones 😊
Screenshot_20240417_004503_AIR MILES.jpg

Screenshot_20240417_004525_AIR MILES.jpg

Day 3 Hollywood Studios. We are getting settled in with no kids and just chilling. Arrived via skyliner 830am. New to us and I think just new,,not everyone gets bag checked,,go thru detectors and they random pull over people,,nice and whole lot quicker.
Head to Tower and get there just as opening..walk on. Off there,,no Rock and Roll, down right now, head to Rise and for it it was still a walk on 20mins. Timed whole ride, just under 30 from entering Transport to exit,,,fyi. Off to Toy Story Mania after checking a in Star Wars, no Falcon,,motion sick,,augg. Off TSM,,quick snack/lunch at Woodys lunchbox,,grilled cheese,,wife and kids love it,,,me ehh does the trick. Rest of time just walk around see the sights and shop,,leave park at 1130am. Back to resort for pool time. Seeing trend,,no gogogo..pool for couple of hours,,head to Springs for sights and shopping. Stop at Salt n Straw,,no line,,great ice cream, share a single scoop. Wife finds some leggings in Athletica less then half of loulou,,so buys 2. PSA,,,, not all shops at the Springs take Magic Band, we didnt know,,had no card with us,,so put on hold and come back. Go thru World of Disney and pick up a few things for kids as wife is feeling guilty without them. Back to Resort..approx 630pm...dinner time, where, thought about Brown Derby,,but on way out said lets check Topolinos. Head up and lots of availabilty. Given table near kitchen window,,entertainment as we eat,,amazing watching how it all works. Tim the Executive Chef even cones over and chats with us as he sees me explaing his blue name badge to wife.spends a good 5mins just chatting,,wonderful time. 1st time eati g here, we dont eat a lot so split everything. Started with amzing puff escargot,,,wifes mouth was watering, then had the bedf tenderloin med rare with mashed enfused with truffle,,,they slid down with such ease, and the beef barely needed a knife to cut. By far best meal we have had at Disney and one of best ever. No room for dessert, but they brought a marscapone and brownie for wifes nday pin...very yummy. 8pm and wife is tired so not even going back to ride anything else,,,so I hop bus to Springs and pick up her leggings and back in time to watch all the fireworks from our balcony. Great room. Early night,,tomorrow is MK and Keys 2 Kingdom so longer day. Thanks for listening.
Ottawamom weather has been perfect,,no clouds,no humidity,andabout 28-30 by 4pm...hope it stays for you...and as you read low crowds by Disney standards.

Wont be doing any paid after hours events, but since no kids,,,,we are doing Divequest, Keys to kingdom and Savour the savanna. So I will update you on those when back.
Our touring style will defiantly change this time,,,,just wander, enjoy, no rush. Part of the joy of knowing we will be back and do it then if we dont do it now.
Only book 2 dinners, Rose and Crown for the seating and Nacoossee for the 1st time to try.

So, I got home from my sister trip on Friday and am just catching up on everything this week!

The trip was amazing and going without kids was great! It was the first time since our honeymoon in 1999 that it was just two people and my first trip with just my sister. Will definitely do it again. It was so easy with only two personalities to deal with.

I did learn a few things on this trip that I will 100% carry forward to other DL trips going forward.

In the past I have carried a small backpack where everyone dumped their things and that I used to carry extra water for everyone. This trip I just used a small crossbody purse that was big enough for my wallet, cell phone, lip balm, and sunglasses. It was amazing not to be the pack mule and even though we did buy a few bottles of water when we ran out, we were staying at the VGC so it was super easy to pop back to the room to grab more water when we were in DCA. My sister is going to lend me her Lululemon belt bag next time so I won't even need a purse.

We also learned not to stay late at the parks and then go to early entry the next morning! We never made it to park close but we hit EE at 7:30 all 4 mornings. On our second DL entry day we were in line for security at 6:30am, which meant waking up at 5ish. That hurt a bit since we did not get back to our rooms until around 11:30pm.

We definitely used the heck out of our park hoppers, we jumped back and forth no less than 3 times each day. DL/DCA makes it so easy to jump back and forth and as I said, staying at VGC made for easy trips back to the room, I think our record was going in and out of the parks 5 times on one day. One time I even ran back to the room just to drop a cute champagne flute back after I had a great mimosa from one of the Food&Wine carts!

Our last two days were really busy crowd-wise and on our final day we ended up spending quite a bit of time just grabbing a drink and wandering around DCA.

Adding to the list of those travelling soon. Dd and I couldn't get a one week trip to WDW under $4k plus food (even with 4day/1park tickets and discounted AllStar resort) so we switched to 3 weeks in Europe instead (it will cost us around $6k). Leaving next Friday, France, Switzerland, Italy with 4 days at Disneyland Paris staying onsite.
That sounds amazing! We switched from Mexico/Puerto Rico/Caribbean (DH could not make up his mind, lol!) to Europe for our 25th anniversary this summer and we are also hitting DLP! When are you going?

That sounds amazing! We switched from Mexico/Puerto Rico/Caribbean (DH could not make up his mind, lol!) to Europe for our 25th anniversary this summer and we are also hitting DLP! When are you going?

Ahh, sounds like an exciting trip!

We will be at DLP May 12 to May 15, staying at Sequoia Lodge (aka Wilderness Lodge). Trip is April 26 to May 18.

Ahh, sounds like an exciting trip!

We will be at DLP May 12 to May 15, staying at Sequoia Lodge (aka Wilderness Lodge). Trip is April 26 to May 18.
We'll be there June 24-26, originally booked at Sequoia, then I made the mistake of showing DH a video of all the DLP hotels.

After increasing our trip budget quite a bit, we are now staying in a Deluxe room at the DLH!

We'll be there June 24-26, originally booked at Sequoia, then I made the mistake of showing DH a video of all the DLP hotels.

After increasing our trip budget quite a bit, we are now staying in a Deluxe room at the DLH!

Oh wow, good for you! What a great way to celebrate! I've eaten in the hotel before, prior to renovations, and it was beautiful. It's on my daughter's bucket list to stay there some day, she said we need to go in January, based on the price lol. We plan to go in and eat at the bar this trip, as long as we can get into DLH on the virtual queue.

Adding to the list of those travelling soon. Dd and I couldn't get a one week trip to WDW under $4k plus food (even with 4day/1park tickets and discounted AllStar resort) so we switched to 3 weeks in Europe instead (it will cost us around $6k). Leaving next Friday, France, Switzerland, Italy with 4 days at Disneyland Paris staying onsite.
Where are you staying. I was playing around with looking into Disneyland Paris and OMG the hotel rooms were a dreadful price. I must have been missing something. Never mind I saw your previous post. When I looked online prices were like $700/night (can't remember exactly what I was looking at). That hotel looks affordable.

It's now a toss up between DH and I doing Disneyland Paris or taking DS, his wife and our grandson (1yr) to WDW in the spring sometime. Decisions, decisions. (or I could just do both!)

Last edited:
Where are you staying. I was playing around with looking into Disneyland Paris and OMG the hotel rooms were a dreadful price. I must have been missing something. Never mind I saw your previous post. When I looked online prices were like $700/night (can't remember exactly what I was looking at). That hotel looks affordable.

It's now a toss up between DH and I doing Disneyland Paris or taking DS, his wife and our grandson (1yr) to WDW in the spring sometime. Decisions, decisions. (or I could just do both!)

The room rates really fluctuate, it's like booking airfare, when you see a good deal you need to jump on it (reservations are cancellable). They swing so much that their value (Cars) can be more expensive than their mod (Toy Story) or even deluxes. We are staying in their low end deluxe for 700 euro all in, 4 days/3 nights, includes my 4 day hopper ticket (daughter has a ticket). Edit: just checked Disney's website, they priced the park ticket at 284 euro.

Last edited:

Well, you know what you need to do...

:rotfl:

Joking aside, this is the most expensive trip we have ever taken. We are flying YVR to Amsterdam, spending 2 nights there, taking the train to Paris where we spend 3 nights, then 2 nights at DLP, then we fly to Madrid for 3 nights, then Porto for 3 more nights before we fly back to Amsterdam where we fly home the next morning.

Although, when I look at staying in a concierge level room at the GCH for the same number of nights plus 3 day hoppers and G+, the total is only $233.12 US less at the Grand. And we also added on reserved viewing for the fireworks one night so the cost is almost exactly what we would pay in California.

Frederick's not hungry yet so i didn't need to get any fuel, but the freezer is empty so I stocked up on hubby's emergency dinners (aka the nights I simply don't want to cook!) We're going to see Arthur and his parents this weekend so we'll get some gas on Sunday before the Shell offer is over.

Screenshot_20240418_160137_AIR MILES.jpg

My co-worker joked (lightly) that people won't be able to afford to drive to work and will end up working from home full time again. I have a small car (36L) so not as bad as some vehicles. I can't imagine having a big truck or SUV!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter