Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Yup, I'm getting a monthly fee free one for sure. So many more points to get.
I am glad I kept my AMEX, since Costco changed to taking MasterCard I thought about cancelling my Amex. I wonder how long these good incentives will last? I did read a US article and it has been a bad year for AMEX as consumer spending on AMEX is down and they have been spending lots of incentives, but it was going to change its strategy as it was spending too much. Sounds like the same thing in Canada. This is the first year I have gotten bonus points with my AMEX, and would love it to continue.

Has anyone gotten more than the 2000 bonus miles from Soar into more promo, I am getting close to 2,000 for the year and I think the November promo will put me over?

I am glad I kept my AMEX, since Costco changed to taking MasterCard I thought about cancelling my Amex. I wonder how long these good incentives will last? I did read a US article and it has been a bad year for AMEX as consumer spending on AMEX is down and they have been spending lots of incentives, but it was going to change its strategy as it was spending too much. Sounds like the same thing in Canada. This is the first year I have gotten bonus points with my AMEX, and would love it to continue.

Has anyone gotten more than the 2000 bonus miles from Soar into more promo, I am getting close to 2,000 for the year and I think the November promo will put me over?
We didn't get the first promo (some gas station related thing that our Honda Fit didn't make possible!) and have already received 2200 AM with no question that we'll also get the November bonus which will mean 3000 miles just for having the card and registering for each offer. EASY miles!!! We have used AMEX since 1986 and love their service, hands down some of the best customer service when you need to call them.

That is AWESOME! I only get about 120 each month bonus with my BMO Sobeys mastercard... I think I need to sign up for AMEX!
Just glanced at our AMEX miles and discovered that we average 130-ish each month. We have the Platinum card which has an annual fee of $65 and currently has a sign up bonus of 2000 AM.

yeah, i’m very happy about the miles i’ve gotten with AmEx too. the monthly soar into more bonuses are amazing. they aren’t unique offers but i haven’t changed my spending habits in any way and i’m raking in the miles. oh except the gas station one: we aren’t daily drivers, so i bought a safeway gift card at shell. otherwise, it’s big rewards for normal shopping. so worth it!

i took a quick glance and it looks like the duck has me beat by 100–i think i’ve gotten 2100 so far from soar into more promos. i’m sure i’ll make the november offer too. that’s over halfway to an adult 7-day base ticket. :cool1:

My Rexall L&G offer for next week is spend $50 get 100AM. Not bad, but that's the only offer, no item specific offers for me.

My Rexall L&G offer for next week is spend $50 get 100AM. Not bad, but that's the only offer, no item specific offers for me.
Me too except i need to spend $60 to get the 100AM, not a happy camper. I'm waiting till Monday to try a chat session again to see if i can figure out WHY & HOW they decide the offers because i keep every piece of mail connected to AM and i have steadily gone down from 12 offers plus the threshold spends to now zilch. If it's like the last 4 weeks, next week i won't even have the threshold spend. Rexall isn't convenient for me so if I no longer get AM I'll stop shopping there.

... Bonne Maman jam on sale at 4.19$ with 25AM if you buy 1 (choice of strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, apricot, marmelade and salted caramel).

I went to Sobey's this morning (Whitby, ON). Spent 103.85 pre-tax and received 245 air miles. Thanks Isabellea! I remembered your post and looked for Bonne Maman jam. They only had raspberry, blueberry and something else. I forget. I already purchased strawberry and marmalade yesterday, so I bought a blueberry. There was also Laura Secord chocolate spread with 25 AM. My son has been asking me to purchase Nutella for a few months now so I snagged that as well.

2 boxes halloween choc = 75 miles
2 cat litter boxes = 15 miles
chocolate spread = 25 miles
jam = 25 miles
2 applesauces in a squeeze tub = 10 miles
6 breads = 60 miles
spend $100 = 30 miles
base miles = 5

I lost out on another 30 miles as I bought hamburger buns last night, not realizing I could get Villiago buns and air miles (thought it was just bread).

I also took a coupon out of my wallet last night or the day before. Spend $70 and get, I don't remember, 20 miles? I didn't think I would be spending $70 before it expired tomorrow. Lesson learned. NEVER take coupons out of the wallet until they actually DO expire! :(

Last edited:
I've only received 1300 Soar into more bonus AM. I really dropped the ball with the gas one ...didn't pay attention to the emails so missed out on that easy one. The other one we were camping and traveling and forgot about getting those online orders in. But the November promo will come easy and I hope they keep them coming. I'm wondering if MC will come out with some new promos too once they see their valued customers haven't been using their card for a while.

The Sobeys chocolate snickers cake is good.
I may have to go back in a few days....
Hugs Mel
I just got the Snickers cake and did not like it. In fact we might toss it out. I'm very disappointed that the cake was nothing more than chocolate cake, chocolate frosting and a tiny drizzle of caramel and a few peanuts on top. I was expecting something Snickery inside the cake. I guess I should just stick to baking my own.

The only options I had were vanilla, chocolate or Snickers. The AM label was only on those three. I almost asked if the black forest or carrot were included.

Ordered my first Dream travel voucher and I am working on my second one,,who knows maybe I will have enough to book a vacation for next year.

* noticed the online e-voucher for Cara Foods (Ultimate Dining Card)* is gone,,,, hopefully it comes back before Christmas.
It was the last one I needed for a Christmas/Birthday present list.
caracard.jpg

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I have to thank my airmiles collectors for telling me about the Canada's Wonderland tickets as I just used them today. I know nothing like leaving it until the end to use it.
It was crazy busy this afternoon but the early part of the day was workable. I haven't been there in many many years so it was fun seeing all the new attractions & rides.
I am not a ride person but my Sister and I managed to ride on some and play a few games, win a few small prizes. Our only regret is that half the booths we wanted to eat at were closed and we never got either a beaver tail or a funnel cake.

I have to thank my airmiles collectors for telling me about the Canada's Wonderland tickets as I just used them today. I know nothing like leaving it until the end to use it.
It was crazy busy this afternoon but the early part of the day was workable. I haven't been there in many many years so it was fun seeing all the new attractions & rides.
I am not a ride person but my Sister and I managed to ride on some and play a few games, win a few small prizes. Our only regret is that half the booths we wanted to eat at were closed and we never got either a beaver tail or a funnel cake.
I still have two tickets. I thought my girls would want to go but they have been too busy and never got around to it. I offered the tickets to my nephew and he couldn't go unless I drove him, which I was happy to do, but the only time he and his BFF could go I was not available to drive. Then my DH asked around at work if anyone wanted them and no one did. So at this point, rather than see them go to waste, DH and I will go next Sunday if it's not raining. Should be interesting...he will ride anything but I don't do rollercoasters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter