Airmiles Armchair Chatter

FreshCo won't get AirMiles. It's a discount grocery store. Honestly though, the cost decrease in your groceries will probably more than make up the difference in the loss of AirMiles. Put that extra $40/week that you are saving in a vacation fund and you'll get there faster than you would with AirMiles.

Totally agree with this. The best savings I get on groceries is to buy giftcards at Sobey's or Foodland when they have bonus miles, and then using them at Freshco where it's cheaper. But even without doing that, I am going to save 30 percent by not doing my shopping at Sobey's or Foodland.

That's what I have been doing. I use some of my gift card money at Sobey's or Foodland for special large Air Mile related says, but the majority of my shopping gets done at FreshCo with the gift cards. One of the two Foodlands near me will let me purchase gift cards with gift cards and so will the Sobey's. I've purchased Shell, xBox, Cineplex and the Keg gift cards so far using the Foodland gift cards.

Just now getting around to looking at the flyers and I'm super excited about one of Metro's "back page biggie" offers!!

Popcorn: 3 for $10.00 get 30 AM!

I eat a ton of popcorn and so does one of our D-I-Ls I'll easily buy 6 of those, plus whatever else i think we might need for having in the house cause you know, holidays = fooooood

Question... I normally collect my miles under CASH but decided to switch over to DREAM to start saving for our DLR passes for this summer because of the STB promotion. I switched my account over Tuesday morning because I'm waiting for a bunch from Foodland and they got deposited in my account today under CASH. My account does say its CASH now so why did it take 48 hours to switch over, I thought it only took 24 hours? Or did I misunderstand?

Question... I normally collect my miles under CASH but decided to switch over to DREAM to start saving for our DLR passes for this summer because of the STB promotion. I switched my account over Tuesday morning because I'm waiting for a bunch from Foodland and they got deposited in my account today under CASH. My account does say its CASH now so why did it take 48 hours to switch over, I thought it only took 24 hours? Or did I misunderstand?

I always thought that it has to be in the right mode when you make the transaction. Whatever it is set to when you make the transaction is how it will be deposited. At least that is how I understood it.

Last edited:
I always thought that it has to be in the right mode when you make the transaction. Whatever it is set to when you make the transaction is how it will be deposited. At least that is how I understood it.

Ahhh, I never knew that - I thought that as long as I switched it over before they deposited them - thanks!

Just now getting around to looking at the flyers and I'm super excited about one of Metro's "back page biggie" offers!!

Popcorn: 3 for $10.00 get 30 AM!

I eat a ton of popcorn and so does one of our D-I-Ls I'll easily buy 6 of those, plus whatever else i think we might need for having in the house cause you know, holidays = fooooood

I got excited for this too but I think it's a 1 time deal. I got it in my airmiles offers app as a opt in offer and it specifies 1 use per collector. Would be nice if it could be used multiple times though.

I got excited for this too but I think it's a 1 time deal. I got it in my airmiles offers app as a opt in offer and it specifies 1 use per collector. Would be nice if it could be used multiple times though.
Nope, it's a flyer offer, not a targeted one and that means you can do it as many times as you want! Get an entire cart of popcorn if you want!

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::upload_2017-12-15_21-1-27.png

You set your account to Dream in the morning on Tuesday, it would not take effect until 3:00am Wednesday morning (but that's a side point). Your Foodland AM were posted by Foodland on Saturday, even though they don't show up in your account until Thursday. It is the date that Foodland posts them that is important.

I've had some AM show up a few weeks after they were "posted" and they were caught up in my switch between Cash and Dream. When you switch between Cash and Dream you should get an email from Airmiles confirming that the switch has been made. Once I forgot to click on the confirm button at the bottom of the switch page and my switch didn't happen. (Lesson learned)

Airmiles shop points posted this morning(Lowes) -wow that was fast.
I didn't see the Healthy steamers in the Metro flyer until you mentioned the popcorn -Thanks for posting that Jacqueline.
Hugs Mel

According to AM, your AM will post based on your preference when the retailer POSTS the AM...I got caught in this with Sobeys...although my preference was set to Dream when I made my purchase, it was set to Cash when Sobeys posted my AM, so they were awarded to cash.

my air miles account is just craaaawling up right now. after months of AmEx bonuses, i got used to watching the numbers jump way up, so now regular earning looks so slow! it looks like the Shop the Block miles will be the next jump, but until then numbers are going to add slowly...

my air miles account is just craaaawling up right now. after months of AmEx bonuses, i got used to watching the numbers jump way up, so now regular earning looks so slow! it looks like the Shop the Block miles will be the next jump, but until then numbers are going to add slowly...

So true! I think I've been spoiled by the Amex offers. Now the regular offers just don't seem as exciting anymore.

My happy days of getting gift cards using Foodland gift cards could be over! Attempt at Foodland failed today. I will try the other Sobeys on Monday. Pixie dust!!

Head's up!! I stopped at Rexall on my way home from work yesterday for lotto tickets, and it was one of my favourite cashiers that rang me through. After I finished my purchase, she said quietly "You know, if someone were to buy a pack of gum or something, there might be a bonus for them". So, I said "how about mints?", and she said "perfect!". She scanned the mints, asked for my air miles card, and gave me a bonus card for 95 air miles! Spent $2.09 and got 95 air miles - best return ever!!! I'm hoping they have some cards left next week when I go for my 'regular' shop!

Just an FYI for anyone looking for Park and Fly package at Pearson. I noticed on the Airmiles travel hub that the Hilton Garden Inn hotel showed up with the option of the park and fly package. It was 1 night plus 9 nights parking with 580 bonus miles. The best part the rate was $20 less than through Hilton.com.

I have never seen package through the Airmilestravel hub before.

Head's up!! I stopped at Rexall on my way home from work yesterday for lotto tickets, and it was one of my favourite cashiers that rang me through. After I finished my purchase, she said quietly "You know, if someone were to buy a pack of gum or something, there might be a bonus for them". So, I said "how about mints?", and she said "perfect!". She scanned the mints, asked for my air miles card, and gave me a bonus card for 95 air miles! Spent $2.09 and got 95 air miles - best return ever!!! I'm hoping they have some cards left next week when I go for my 'regular' shop!

Thanks kerreyn, just got back from Rexall. I had to ask about the coupon (cashier didn't know what I was talking about at first) but she found it. I asked if I could use it on 3 cards because we all know I'm an AM W****. She laughed and I did 3 purchases one on my account and one on each of DH and DS. Spent $12.54 and received 290AM (collectively). Wasn't sure if I could do it more than once on my account but decided not to take a chance.

Last edited:
Thanks kerreyn, just got back from Rexall. I had to ask about the coupon (cashier didn't know what I was talking about at first but she found it. I asked if I could use it on 3 cards because we all know I'm an AM W****. She laughed and I did 3 purchases one on my account and one on each of DH and DS. Spent $12.54 and received 290AM (collectively). Wasn't sure if I could only do it more than once on my account but decided not to take a chance.
Wow if this could be done more than once on the same card. It would be the best blip yet. Good luck all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts