Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I walked into a NoFrills yesterday.... Within seconds, my DD was being crushed by wall to wall shopping carts, by shoppers who didn't seem to understand that you don't ram 6 y/o's with a stroller while you shove people out of the way of the milk case. And for this particular location, Communicating consideration is a second language so trying to ask for any measure of consideration earned me ugly looks and more cart-shoving. Shopping in this neighborhood is a little like a street market bazaar... at your own risk! :(

It was utter madness and I couldn't even put my shopping bags on the floor without getting hit by a cart. :( So we dumped everything on the floor and left ; I wasn't going to continue to let my child get hurt in the store. As we passed the checkouts, the lines were over 20 minutes long and the staff looked utterly overworked so speaking to a manager wasn't going to change anything.

So we left, my DD sobbing about the "bad store", and went to Safeway. Where I bought our necessities for $20 more than NoFrills, but earned 3 AM. And I didn't have to feel like I was in an episode of Supermarket Sweep!!!!

Ah well. Experiment tried and failed.

*small edit for language*

Last edited:
Guys, I won the Air Miles Prize Pool contest! 10,000 AM!!!

OMG...that is sooooooo freaking AWESOME!!!!! Congrats. I'm just glad to know that they actually do reward those promotions, because I always wonder. That is such awesome news to read on a Monday morning!!!!pixiedust: party: :jumping1:

I walked into a NoFrills yesterday.

I can understand your frustration with the store. I know that my hubs HATES shopping there and would rather shop at Stupidstore. And I'm vice versa. I HATE Stupidstore and would rather go to No Frills and pick up what I can't get at No Frills at Safeway ( both of which are only a 4 minute drive from our house ). From shopping more regularly there, I know when the busy times are and avoid it then. But for the most part, I can get most of what I need at No Frills. Good luck the next time you try to tackle going there. It can be a mad house.

I walked into a NoFrills yesterday.... Within seconds, my DD was being crushed by wall to wall shopping carts, by shoppers who didn't seem to understand that you don't ram 6 y/o's with a stroller while you shove people out of the way of the milk case. And for this particular location, English is a second language so trying to ask for any measure of consideration earned me ugly looks and more cart-shoving. Shopping in this neighborhood is a little like a street market bazaar... at your own risk! :(

It was utter madness and I couldn't even put my shopping bags on the floor without getting hit by a cart. :( So we dumped everything on the floor and left ; I wasn't going to continue to let my child get hurt in the store. As we passed the checkouts, the lines were over 20 minutes long and the staff looked utterly overworked so speaking to a manager wasn't going to change anything.

So we left, my DD sobbing about the "bad store", and went to Safeway. Where I bought our necessities for $20 more than NoFrills, but earned 3 AM. And I didn't have to feel like I was in an episode of Supermarket Sweep!!!!

Ah well. Experiment tried and failed.
WOW!!
That is horrible!!! You must be in a pretty large city area I am assuming? Our town is under 20,000 people, and we have three grocery stores. NoFrills is clean, bright, updated and cheery. I did all my shopping there yesterday and while a bit busier than normal it wasn’t too bad. My biggest complaint is that the sale items sell out too quickly. You need to come here to shop :(.

Is the bonus 95AM for redeeming 95 cash miles at Sobeys, Foodland and Sobeys Urban Fresh per account per store or per account only? I am thinking of doing it at all 3 stores but worry that they are combined. Please advise!

Guys, I won the Air Miles Prize Pool contest! 10,000 AM!!! This means we will for sure get to go to WDW in 2019! Have a 7 day pass already, have points to order another one when valid til 2019 end passes come out, and now this will cover our flights!

Now to keep saving and see about how much an on property hotel stay or Disney gift card would cost through AM!

Thank you so much to each and every person in this forum - if it wasn't for this forum I would have never learned you can even get WDW tickets via AirMiles!
Congratulations! And so fun to lessen the stress of trip-paying!

Is the bonus 95AM for redeeming 95 cash miles at Sobeys, Foodland and Sobeys Urban Fresh per account per store or per account only? I am thinking of doing it at all 3 stores but worry that they are combined. Please advise!

I went on “live chat” but I forgot to print out the conversation! Lorraine the CS representative confirmed that the promotion was for each store separately. This is great news! It’s free food for me!
Says very clearly on the AM website that it's one offer per collector number.

My Airmiles Bonus is 150 AM and none has posted on DH's card but it's only 1 month old.

Guys, I won the Air Miles Prize Pool contest! 10,000 AM!!! This means we will for sure get to go to WDW in 2019! Have a 7 day pass already, have points to order another one when valid til 2019 end passes come out, and now this will cover our flights!

Now to keep saving and see about how much an on property hotel stay or Disney gift card would cost through AM!

Thank you so much to each and every person in this forum - if it wasn't for this forum I would have never learned you can even get WDW tickets via AirMiles!
That's amazing news, so glad one of our gang managed to win!!
upload_2017-12-18_21-27-0.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter