Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I managed to squeeze in a trip to Rexall today. Not my usual store, so I had no idea what to expect. This place was HUGE. They had two full isles of clearance. Anyway, I got both the MM and the $50/100...earned 142 miles for $51.44 plus tax. The only down side was that I had intended to use my DD’s card but forgot and used my own. Didn’t realize until I was driving away.

Anyone else have fingers crossed to see an email coupon from Rexall that we can combine with the LnG offer AND the MM coupon?? Don't forget that those coupons can be used as many times as you want, only credit you as 1 MM coupon but you will still get the 40 miles for every transaction.

Excuse the Duck for a moment going off-topic ...
upload_2018-3-18_23-5-49.jpeg
All you women know the only thing worse than shopping for a bathing suit is bra shopping (well perhaps being the significant other of someone who is doing the shopping is pretty dreadful too)... we drag it out and only go when it can't be put off any longer. I'd made it the point where even my laundry day ones need to go into the garbage (because my fav that i could just buy without trying on is no longer made) so beyond desperate! (hang on, this will loop back to the AM Hunt, honest) Friday i found one on a sale rack in the Bay and decided to give it a try cause I wouldn't be out much if it becomes a dust rag. Colour me thrilled now, i didn't come in the house itching to pull it off, so super comfy!! Now, how does this connect to THIS thread? It let me get to the threshold spend to use the MM coupon at the Bay bringing me to 4 on that card (5 if the IGA works) once i finish Metro & Sobeys Pharmacy i'll be done. AND i have the tags sitting beside the computer waiting for a sale so i can buy more online --- hoping it happens before the MM is over because HBC has 3X right now

Last edited:

Anyone else have fingers crossed to see an email coupon from Rexall that we can combine with the LnG offer AND the MM coupon?? Don't forget that those coupons can be used as many times as you want, only credit you as 1 MM coupon but you will still get the 40 miles for every transaction.

Excuse the Duck for a moment going off-topic ...
View attachment 309802
All you women know the only worse than shopping for a bathing suit is bra shopping (well perhaps being the significant other of someone who is doing the shopping is pretty dreadful too)... we drag it out and only go when it can't be put off any longer. I'd made it the point where even my laundry day ones need to go into the garbage (because my fav that i could just buy without trying on is no longer made) so beyond desperate! (hang on, this will loop back to the AM Hunt, honest) Friday i found one on a sale rack in the Bay and decided to give it a try cause I wouldn't be out much if it becomes a dust rag. Colour me thrilled now, i didn't come in the house itching to pull it off, so super comfy!! Now, how does this connect to THIS thread? It let me get to the threshold spend to use the MM coupon at the Bay bringing me to 4 on that card (5 if the IGA works) once i finish Metro & Sobeys Pharmacy i'll be done. AND i have the tags sitting beside the computer waiting for a sale so i can buy more online --- hoping it happens before the MM is over because HBC has 3X right now
I don't know how I can unlike or like this. but GOOD on you ,,,, I think.

Friday i found one on a sale rack in the Bay and decided to give it a try cause I wouldn't be out much if it becomes a dust rag. Colour me thrilled now, i didn't come in the house itching to pull it off, so super comfy!! Now, how does this connect to THIS thread? It let me get to the threshold spend to use the MM coupon at the Bay bringing me to 4 on that card (5 if the IGA works) once i finish Metro & Sobeys Pharmacy i'll be done. AND i have the tags sitting beside the computer waiting for a sale so i can buy more online --- hoping it happens before the MM is over because HBC has 3X right now

I gotta get to The Bay asap! Since my surgery I need everything NEW! And I have no idea where to even begin...sales don't hurt, that's for sure! Thanks for the tip Donald!

I gotta get to The Bay asap! Since my surgery I need everything NEW! And I have no idea where to even begin...sales don't hurt, that's for sure! Thanks for the tip Donald!
I was literally just scanning to see who had the surgery so i could point this out!!! I must admit the stock they have is mind-boggling, who knew there are so many choices :P

I went to my usual Sobeys today to pick up a few things and get my Children's Place gc. It was a loadable one and not amount specific so I asked if that would count towards the 35 AM bonus and she assured me it did and there was a sign stating about the bonus, and getting 70 AM for a $50 gc. I got the $50 loaded since that's how much I would need for the mega miles offer, and I received the 70AM plus an extra 35AM! I won't complain, haha.

We had a great trip to Metro yesterday -- as others have mentioned the offers there tend to be pathetic at best. We spent $102.27 and snagged 79 AM
  • 8 packs of rice crackers (hubby's snack choices are limited) $7 for 4 buy 4 get10 AM
  • 2 2L purfilter milk $3.99 ea buy 2 get 15 AM plus 5 targetted
  • 2 packs of cheese slices $5.99 ea buy 2 get 15 AM
  • Vim cleaner $2.99 ea buy 2 get 10 AM -- plus had a coupon for $1.00 off
plus a bunch of other little things, add in the 50 i had gifted from online chat over the whole link your AM account and we snagged 129 AM which is better than 1:1 :dogdance:

Last edited:
Confused about Shell. I bought an Amazon gift card the other day at a Shell clsoe to work, and was surprised that they gave me 50 airmiles for the 50$ card. Then yesterday, I bought some at another Shell, and I only got the regular 1 airmiles per 10$.

Is there a promotion on at Shell for get 5 airmiles per 5$ spent or not? Or did it just end? I'm so confused.

Confused about Shell. I bought an Amazon gift card the other day at a Shell clsoe to work, and was surprised that they gave me 50 airmiles for the 50$ card. Then yesterday, I bought some at another Shell, and I only got the regular 1 airmiles per 10$.

Is there a promotion on at Shell for get 5 airmiles per 5$ spent or not? Or did it just end? I'm so confused.

Only specific locations participate in the 5AM/5$ promotion. There’s list on Shell website (sorry I don’t have the link).

The Shell offer runs until May 6th -- but why you got it at a store not on the list is one of those AM mysteries that can't be explained!!

**link for those who are curious :
Shell stations offering 5 Am/$5 on in store transaction

Which is why I'm confused as the location where I got the 50 airmiles at isn't on the list...

I know! This morning I saw on my AM account that DH got the 5AM/5$ promo when he went to Chicoutimi, QC last week but there's NO QC location on the list! I think I will do a trial at my local Shell where I will buy 1 Amazon GC (25$) and see what happens. Since I always shop at Amazon this money is not lost if I get the base offer but if I get the 5AM/5$ I will go back and get more...

By the way, while I was on Air Miles chat for a Mega Mile issue, I also asked why Air Miles made the Universal Studio passes expire so early compared to the Disney passes.

Turns out Air Miles does not set the expiry date. He said each company sets their own expiry. So apparently Universal Studios has told Air Miles what expiry time frame are to be put on the passes. :(

Reebee has flyers up -- quick glance looks like we *might* be in the same situation with Metro regarding the MM coupon offer is also on the flyer :use 95 cash miles get 50 AM They also have an AMAZING PICKLE DEAL (where is my sarcasm font??) 2 for $7 buy 2 get 5 AM (yes i said FIVE)
Metro flyer

Foodland ON buy 150 gift card get 150 AM
Foodland ON

***i'll look closer tomorrow and see if there is anything else noteworthy

Reebee has flyers up -- quick glance looks like we *might* be in the same situation with Metro regarding the MM coupon offer is also on the flyer :use 95 cash miles get 50 AM They also have an AMAZING PICKLE DEAL (where is my sarcasm font??) 2 for $7 buy 2 get 5 AM (yes i said FIVE)
Metro flyer

Foodland ON buy 150 gift card get 150 AM
Foodland ON

***i'll look closer tomorrow and see if there is anything else noteworthy
I have $30 worth of cash miles and I will visit Metro which is a 5-min drive away on three separate days to get the bonus miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter