Airmiles Armchair Chatter

My load N Go is spend $60 get 60 airmiles for this week.
Hugs Mel

When do the new Load & Go offers come out? I don't even have a Spend $ Get AM on in mine as of today.

I have other offers, specifically offering AM for purchasing select items. Those have the dates June 15-28th on them. Does that mean I won't get another Spend $ Get AM until June 29th?

Our offers are $40/40am and daughter has $25/25am. I looked at her account on the app and didn't think she had one at first. It was in the middle of the list when I selected "view all offers".

Just thought I'd mention it in case it applies to you. If not, I'd check again later in case they are late rolling some of them out.

Load N Go threshold spend is saying starts today, Fri June 22 to Thurs June 28. I'm thinking of shopping today, trying to decide if I believe it lol.

I didn't get a threshold spend at Rexall this week. Didn't have one last week either. DH and DS both have Spend $40 get 40AM. It's not the end of the world because I really am well stocked up with Rexall items anyway. I'll take my Sobey's GC and go shopping at FreshCo. instead.

MIne is $60/60AM, same as I got last week. Daughter's is $25/50.

The LnG offers get pushed to our accounts every 2 weeks -- on Friday morning-ish (can happen as early as midnight) These are the product offers and until about 2 months ago they were targeted to your purchases but now they are all the same for everyone and most of us rarely, if ever, seem to buy those items! If i look back at them i can see they tend to rotate between the SAME useless items as well. IF you get a threshold offer they usually appear on the Friday immediately before the week they are good for. Until 2 weeks ago they were only good for the following Wednesday & Thursday -- last week it was good Monday - Thursday and this week it's good for the entire 7 days. These threshold offers also used to be the same for every card and last week they started to be different for each card or nonexistent. My main card has spend $25 get 50 AM and on the secondary card (that is ONLY used during the big promos and only for the very minimum spend needed) has spend $60 get 60 AM

On Monday an email coupon will show up for a threshold spend that will (at the moment at least!) stack with the potential LnG offer and it used to be the SAME as the LnG threshold spend meaning a big bang for your buck but now that those are all over the place I've been finding that i need to spend more than i might want to for it to work.

Good catch on the flyer only being active till Wednesday this week - this happens occasionally and it can make the shopping a bit binding if you're wanting to decide if you'll do better with the email coupon & LnG offer or wait till the weekend offer because the next flyer hasn't been leaked yet!

The LnG offers get pushed to our accounts every 2 weeks -- on Friday morning-ish (can happen as early as midnight) These are the product offers and until about 2 months ago they were targeted to your purchases but now they are all the same for everyone and most of us rarely, if ever, seem to buy those items! If i look back at them i can see they tend to rotate between the SAME useless items as well. IF you get a threshold offer they usually appear on the Friday immediately before the week they are good for. Until 2 weeks ago they were only good for the following Wednesday & Thursday -- last week it was good Monday - Thursday and this week it's good for the entire 7 days. These threshold offers also used to be the same for every card and last week they started to be different for each card or nonexistent. My main card has spend $25 get 50 AM and on the secondary card (that is ONLY used during the big promos and only for the very minimum spend needed) has spend $60 get 60 AM

On Monday an email coupon will show up for a threshold spend that will (at the moment at least!) stack with the potential LnG offer and it used to be the SAME as the LnG threshold spend meaning a big bang for your buck but now that those are all over the place I've been finding that i need to spend more than i might want to for it to work.

Good catch on the flyer only being active till Wednesday this week - this happens occasionally and it can make the shopping a bit binding if you're wanting to decide if you'll do better with the email coupon & LnG offer or wait till the weekend offer because the next flyer hasn't been leaked yet!

Hi Hon
Thanks for the great explanation and taking the time to help.
Hugs Mel

Anyone else get the letter from BMO World Elite (dated June 18th) re the new airport lounge affiliation. They are parting ways with Priority Pass and will now be using LoungeKey effective August 8. Card members will get 2 passes good till December 31, 2018. Then 2 more each year thereafter.

Looks like you have to sign up for it but when I tried it kept telling me my card wasn't valid. Anyone else try yet. The number they give to call isn't toll free and I don't want to waste $$ unnecessarily. It's a 437 area code.

Don't worry people the lounge in Orlando is still on the list.

Last edited:
My apologies for creating confusion re Foodland vs Urban Fresh a few posts back!

LOL - no worries. I was didn't want to miss maximizing an offer!

Thanks! I'm not sure why I thought it was weekly before. It's so hard to keep track of all the offers and their details. I'm so amazing with people who can!

For me, at this moment anyways, I don't have a Load N Go threshold period. Maybe one will show up later.

Regarding the "Get 3 Bonus Air Miles on all grades of fuel (min 25 litre fuel purchase)." for ON and some other provinces..

Would that be 1 base mile + 3 bonus air miles for 4 miles total? Or 3 miles total?

Anyone else get the letter from BMO World Elite (dated June 18th) re the new airport lounge affiliation. They are parting ways with Priority Pass and will now be using LoungeKey effective August 8. Card members will get 2 passes good till December 31, 2018. Then 2 more each year thereafter.

Looks like you have to sign up for it but when I tried it kept telling me my card wasn't valid. Anyone else try yet. The number they give to call isn't toll free and I don't want to waste $$ unnecessarily.

Don't worry people the lounge in Orlando is still on the list.
I can answer that question. While the letter doesn't tell you this, you can't sign up until the program actually goes live on August 8th. You will continue to get the error message till then.
I think I will like the new way of doing things because you only need your one card, the actual MC and not the Priority Pass card. Having said that, they sent me two Priority Pass cards with two different dates on them, two totally different accounts, and I was getting two free passes from each. That will now be gone. :(

Regarding the "Get 3 Bonus Air Miles on all grades of fuel (min 25 litre fuel purchase)." for ON and some other provinces..

Would that be 1 base mile + 3 bonus air miles for 4 miles total? Or 3 miles total?

I've been filling up at a GTA gas station that offers the 4 cents off a liter promo. It's also on the 3 bonus airmiles list but their signage doesn't say anything about it and I'm not receiving it. My local Shell has signage for the 3 bonus miles but isn't included in the 4 cents off promo. Just fyi.

I can answer that question. While the letter doesn't tell you this, you can't sign up until the program actually goes live on August 8th. You will continue to get the error message till then.
I think I will like the new way of doing things because you only need your one card, the actual MC and not the Priority Pass card. Having said that, they sent me two Priority Pass cards with two different dates on them, two totally different accounts, and I was getting two free passes from each. That will now be gone. :(

Thanks for the update. I guess I will be waiting till August 8 to sign up. I'm glad I was able to use my 2 Priority Lounge Passes in May. I'll get 2 bonus ones for the year with this switch over. Unfortunately the airports I'm travelling through in September aren't with the program. Reason to book another trip I guess.

Sobey's Ontario has Hershey's chocolate chips on sale this week (until Jun 27 according to the shelf signage) for $2.50 each 25 am wub 4. I looked through the flyer a couple of times and I just don't see it mentioned. Anyway, I think it's a pretty good offer since $2.50 is a good sale price IMHO (this week 2/$7 or $2.99 sale prices at various other stores). My store had about 20 different varieties included from Reese's, Skors, butterscotch, white chocolate to name a few.

Also, St. Hubert's soups are on sale for the month until August 8 at $1.99, buy 3 get 10 ams. If you are lucky enough to find a store with the incorrect tags, they originally printed as buy 3 get 60 ams. I ended up buying 30, received the 10 am wub 3 and customer service "Made it Right" for the missing 500 and then promptly took down the tags.

The last item I thought worth mentioning is the Uncle Ben's Natural Select rice which if I remember correctly is $3.99 regular price until August 8 with 3 airmiles, it's in this week's flyer. I never seem to see this on sale but is a product we buy anyway so 3 am is better than none.

4 total miles

Great! Thank you.

I've been filling up at a GTA gas station that offers the 4 cents off a liter promo. It's also on the 3 bonus airmiles list but their signage doesn't say anything about it and I'm not receiving it. My local Shell has signage for the 3 bonus miles but isn't included in the 4 cents off promo. Just fyi.

Hmm.. I wonder if that's what's happening. I double-checked my 4 receipts to-date and each of them have received that discount. The T&C on the offer doesn't say anything about getting one offer or the other however. I'm going to ask AM about that. THank you.

Sobey's Ontario has Hershey's chocolate chips on sale this week (until Jun 27 according to the shelf signage) for $2.50 each 25 am wub 4. I looked through the flyer a couple of times and I just don't see it mentioned. Anyway, I think it's a pretty good offer since $2.50 is a good sale price IMHO (this week 2/$7 or $2.99 sale prices at various other stores). My store had about 20 different varieties included from Reese's, Skors, butterscotch, white chocolate to name a few.

The last item I thought worth mentioning is the Uncle Ben's Natural Select rice which if I remember correctly is $3.99 regular price until August 8 with 3 airmiles, it's in this week's flyer. I never seem to see this on sale but is a product we buy anyway so 3 am is better than none.

Thanks! I didn't understand the bolded part though.

Last edited:
Great! Thank you.

Hmm.. I wonder if that's what's happening. I double-checked my 4 receipts to-date and each of them have received that discount. The T&C on the offer doesn't say anything about getting one offer or the other however. I'm going to ask AM about that. THank you.

Thanks! I didn't understand the bold part though.
WUB = when you buy. Hope that helps.

I just finished a chat with Maham and he said yes, both offers say you can combine them with other bonus offers and I (so we) should be getting both the .04 cents discount and 3 bonus air miles. I'm happy with that. I'm not so happy at being told that regardless of the fact the T&C says to allow 4 weeks after the promotion has ended to post to your account - he says 120 days afterwards. Umm no. It said 4 weeks and I'll be back on top of them no more than 5 weeks after the promo.

Ohhhh :rotfl: Thank you! That's funny. I haven't come across that before.

I'm so glad I asked for clarification. I was thinking 25 air miles for $2.50 in chocolate, not $10.

Tinkerone is correct. Yes you need to spend $10, not an amazing return but I think it's a decent price with ok airmiles.

I walked every aisle, the three airmiles promos I mentioned above were the ones that stuck out for me. As usual, nothing in fruits and vegetables, lots of small offers. I was surprised how many of this month's in-store offers are repeats from earlier this year.

Went to Sobeys and got the $150 gift card + 150AM deal and then spent about $45 on groceries and only got 27AM from that. Holiday weekend coming up won't be anything better!

But, I got a coupon for $5 off $50+ spend at Sobeys for next weekend!

Do the gift cards need to be done on separate purchases like last time or can we do them all at once?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter