Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Can you guys guide me as to what the heck you buy at Rexall? What is on your list?

I looked at the flyer and besides all the Rexall branded products I really dont see too many great prices.
There are a few things but I am having a hard time coming up with $50 worth of product.
I really want to try and hit that so I can get my cash miles up with this weekends up coming AM promo (buy 50 get 114)
I dont want to buy shampoo that is "on sale" when I know I can buy it for $2 less at Shoppers or Superstore (and get PC points)

Part of the problem is that I have a pretty bad local Rexall without a lot of choice so I almost always walk in prepared to purchase a bunch of stuff and I walk out empty handed

Can you guys guide me as to what the heck you buy at Rexall? What is on your list?

I looked at the flyer and besides all the Rexall branded products I really dont see too many great prices.
There are a few things but I am having a hard time coming up with $50 worth of product.
I really want to try and hit that so I can get my cash miles up with this weekends up coming AM promo (buy 50 get 114)
I dont want to buy shampoo that is "on sale" when I know I can buy it for $2 less at Shoppers or Superstore (and get PC points)

Part of the problem is that I have a pretty bad local Rexall without a lot of choice so I almost always walk in prepared to purchase a bunch of stuff and I walk out empty handed

I find they have pretty good prices on things like eggs, cheese, chips, bread and milk. I also look for their sale on toilet paper, paper towels and laundry soap. And I will stock up on pain medicine, cold medicine and allergy stuff. Toothpaste if it's on sale. Vitamins, their Be Better brand often has really good prices and my kid is picky about what vitamins he'll take, I can get them at Rexall. But I don't shop at the PC branded stores much, I find their prices crazy. I used to be a big shoppers points person, but with the change to PC points I'm going to airmiles instead. I find Rexall has some good sale prices, usually on the front or back page of the flyer and some are "two or three day sales". Often with limits. I haven't made my list for this weekend yet though. I'm sure it will be stuff that keeps or stuff for travel. They have little spray sunscreens I like to pick up for trips since I tend to do carry on only. They even have a spray one that is mineral based I can use on kiddo! He breaks out in a rash with any of the chemical kinds (even supposedly sensitive skin/kid/baby kinds).

I find they have pretty good prices on things like eggs, cheese, chips, bread and milk. I also look for their sale on toilet paper, paper towels and laundry soap. And I will stock up on pain medicine, cold medicine and allergy stuff. Toothpaste if it's on sale. Vitamins, their Be Better brand often has really good prices and my kid is picky about what vitamins he'll take, I can get them at Rexall. But I don't shop at the PC branded stores much, I find their prices crazy. I used to be a big shoppers points person, but with the change to PC points I'm going to airmiles instead. I find Rexall has some good sale prices, usually on the front or back page of the flyer and some are "two or three day sales". Often with limits. I haven't made my list for this weekend yet though. I'm sure it will be stuff that keeps or stuff for travel. They have little spray sunscreens I like to pick up for trips since I tend to do carry on only. They even have a spray one that is mineral based I can use on kiddo! He breaks out in a rash with any of the chemical kinds (even supposedly sensitive skin/kid/baby kinds).

@hdrolfe you have come to my rescue yet again! I can get some travel stuff for my daughters christmas stocking!!!! It is expensive everywhere you go and rarely do I see it on sale. YAY - great thought

I just wanna pout a little here...but for a small city with 75000+ people and our trading area pushes it to 125,000 you would think we would have a Rexall here :sad: Ok...little pout session over.
I just don't have time this weekend to drive the 2 hours round trip for a Rexall shop this week. My daughter is still surprised that I collect over 10,000 Am with the majority of my points coming from Safeway.

Love this group for the sharing that happens! Here's the Duck's list for Rexall this week:
  • Tylenol arthritis - bottle of 100 $9.99 these are time release and really do work for me and this is a GREAT price :thumbsup2
  • If we needed any Dove soap - only kind hubby can use $2.99 shampoo is included buy 2 get 10 AM often one of my LnG so i might get some anyway :P :magnify:
  • Royal Tissues 3 Ply .69 (i have a constant runny nose and the snob in me likes this thick !):thumbsup2
  • Colgate toothpaste $2.49 -- not sure if our type is included so this is a check AND often LnG :magnify:
  • Just noticed there are a bunch of Crest products for .99 buy 2 get 2 AM -- stockings perhaps
  • If i wasn't shopping in Toronto and coming home on the bus -- eggs are $1.99 :snail:
  • Often stock up on vitamins when the sale price is combined with AM but don't need the ones on sale this week:scratchin
  • Check out the braces, hubby needs a new one for his wrist -- dependent on price :magnify:
  • A BUNCH of the Nosh & Co and BeBetter snack products -- fell in love with some of these during Shop the Block 2016 :P :thumbsup2
  • Another if not in TO item -- Nosh & Co bottled water 12 pack for $1.99 (really against our morals since Guelph is so close to the Aberfoyle water battle but hubby occasionally teaches at the Chamber office and likes to have it for his clients but NOT labeled Nestle):snail:
  • Don't need but @alohamom you mentioned having a daughter, does she use mesh body thingee? .99 buy 2 get 2 AM :idea:
  • Do you drink pop? This weekend only several types on for $2.49 :idea:
  • Shave cream is a decent price $2.99 we have tons held back from last sale :idea:
  • Don't rule out the Rexall brand products -- we're very happy with several of the first aid products and their batteries are fine (on sale & bonus miles) :idea:
  • Hair stuff -- brushes/elastics etc 20% off plus bonus miles :idea:
For the shampoo and other products you mentioned being on *sale* don't forget to regually check for coupons here:
Proctor & Gamble Coupons

Legend to my fancy little smilies:
:thumbsup2 -- definintely buying
:magnify: -- check the price and/or current in house stock
:snail: -- if i was at home and had access to the car and NOT riding the Greyhound or GO train home
:idea: -- possible items you might like!

Too funny about the avocados. My family alternates between having a good avocado supply to needing avocado breaks to keep them from running my schedule, lol. I need to squeeze in time to make guacamole tonight between work, orthodontist, and an evening course. We love this recipe, minus the cilantro - https://www.chipotle.com/guac-recipe

Did everyone remember to use their 10$ coupons from Rexall? I had 4, and I _did_ remember to use them. Bought lots of coke zero (we only buy cola when it's on sale - free is "on sale", ha!), and toothpaste that was on sale to get me over the 10$. Some peanuts because I was hungry, and a Sudoku magazine that I will try to keep pristine for stockings (I may break down though...it's too long to wait).

Too funny about the avocados. My family alternates between having a good avocado supply to needing avocado breaks to keep them from running my schedule, lol. I need to squeeze in time to make guacamole tonight between work, orthodontist, and an evening course. We love this recipe, minus the cilantro - https://www.chipotle.com/guac-recipe
Is it perhaps because ...
images

A question is bound to pop up in the next few days so I'll answer it now.
Question: Why did i just get bonus miles from Hudson Bay? I didn't shop there recently, is this from online and i did it wrong?
Answer: HBC gives quarterly bonus miles to Gold & ONYX members using the following calculations:
Onyx Collectors will receive 25% of the total number of Miles issued from Hudson's Bay Rewards during the three months ending on the Quarterly Bonus Date.
Gold Collectors will receive 15% of the total number of Miles issued from Hudson's Bay Rewards during the three months ending on the Quarterly Bonus Date.

Miles from HBC appear labelled in 3 different ways:
Current ones you recieve for your quarterly bonus

upload_2018-9-20_15-4-16.png
Regular miles for Online Shopping:
upload_2018-9-20_15-5-11.png
And weekly bonus miles based on the previous week's shopping (1 mile for every 40 HBC points earned in that week)
upload_2018-9-20_15-3-57.png

Last edited:
Just checked my AM account and my BMO shop 3 partners was posted today. (I'm not near my monthly cut off date) Check your account!
Not for us -- but then I've only done 1 transaction. I was detailing tomorrow's trip to Toronto to the hubby and as he left the room he stage-whispered "And you'll use the Mastercard at Rexall of course" Whipped his head around and stuck his tongue out at me :rotfl2:

Just checked my AM account and my BMO shop 3 partners was posted today. (I'm not near my monthly cut off date) Check your account!

Mine too, oh that is nice to see :) Now if only my online shops would post so I could stop obsessing over them, and then I'd be sure my bonus for that promo will post. Still. I am glad that posted so fast and without any real effort! My monthly bill came last week.

My shopping List for Rexall

Bounce Laundry Sheets,,I can only use the white box unscented
$4.99 x 4= $19.96
I'm one of those unlucky *cold sore * people--Abreva is the only thing that works for me
1x $21.99 :( I know but it works.
I will check the expiry date on the Kraft dinner and if it's good
4 for $ 5.00
Mr clean erasers cause I love them:lovestruc
2 x $2.99=5.98

Hugs Mel

My Air Transat TA just called!!! Air Transat FINALLY called her with their May 2019 pricing! WE'RE BOOKED FOR GREECE!!!! May 12-27, 2019! I've paid the deposit, and the TA said the remainder will most likely be due about 60 days from the trip, so I'll still have lots more time to add to the $2200 in travel vouchers we already have!!

Thanks so much to @Donald - my hero (Jacqueline) for creating this board as well as everyone else for your valuable contributions - this is SO FREAKING EXCITING!!!!

:dancer:

Did everyone remember to use their 10$ coupons from Rexall? I had 4, and I _did_ remember to use them. Bought lots of coke zero (we only buy cola when it's on sale - free is "on sale", ha!), and toothpaste that was on sale to get me over the 10$. Some peanuts because I was hungry, and a Sudoku magazine that I will try to keep pristine for stockings (I may break down though...it's too long to wait).

I did! I just went today. Since my daughter and I may be going on a long road trip soon, I cashed it in for 2 mini cans of pringles, 2 cadbury family-size chocolate bars and a bag of Nosh & Co swedish berries.

You scored 4? That's awesome!

My Air Transat TA just called!!! Air Transat FINALLY called her with their May 2019 pricing! WE'RE BOOKED FOR GREECE!!!! May 12-27, 2019! I've paid the deposit, and the TA said the remainder will most likely be due about 60 days from the trip, so I'll still have lots more time to add to the $2200 in travel vouchers we already have!!

Thanks so much to @Donald - my hero (Jacqueline) for creating this board as well as everyone else for your valuable contributions - this is SO FREAKING EXCITING!!!!

Wow, Greece! What an amazing time you'll have! That's great that you'll be able to add more vouchers before paying in full.

Oh my the saga continues.
Today the Canada post lady rings the bell. She wanted to let us know that she was approached by a guy who said he was waiting for a parcel,,,,he show some form of ID similar in spelling to my sons name,,with our address. She gave him the parcel.She felt it strange that he kind of took off running to car and sped off. Then she remembers that she went to school with one of my sons and that he is white. The man who approached her was black.
So she came to tell us. My son logs onto his bank account and YEP $459.00 KOBO phone charge. Someone used his card online to order a phone.
So wherever I got skimmed he probably did too or RBC has a BIGGER problem than they are saying. His card is cancelled.
I am filling a police report tomorrow as this is just tooooo freaking close to home. I spoke with a police officer and this is a regular occurance.
I cancelled two credit cards today and I set alert on all my accounts.
Advise--check accounts and set alerts,,
Hugs Mel

Oh my this is great news Hon!!
:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter