Airmiles Shop the Block 2018 - BONUS MILES POSTING NOW

That or the one I love is we can't talk to you because your son hasn't signed the note saying we can. I then try to speak with them about general procedures/policies not specific to my son. They are even leary about answering those questions. He's doing two electives now so he has his full-time status. He printed off the letter he will need to show his employer for his FSWEP (gov't job). I get to pay more tuition than I should but it's the price I pay to ensure he will have relevant experience and education to enter the job market. I'll be glad when this is all finished..
Yep...DD was supposed to take in the consent paper so that I could deal with her issues but she couldn't be bothered going back. In a way I'm glad she didn't because it makes it VERY easy for me to say 'sorry, can't help' but also she has anxiety and this forces her to adult and deal with something difficult.

Our daughter is mid-way thru her third post-secondary adventure! 3 year BA in Psych that took her 4 years because she took a modified course load -- approved disability that meant she still got OSAP (THANK GOD!). Followed that up with a 2 year diploma is Woodworking (because those 2 go together perfectly, right :P ) and now she's doing what amounts to a post graduate degree in Human Resources. She turns 30 in March and it's just as hard parenting an adult student who's married as it was when she was in grade 2 :crazy2: We've done more than our fair share of championing for her throughout the years -- and some of those hoops are BRUTAL!!!!!

Hope things work out for your son (and YOU as well momma)
Our oldest is 29 next month and has done two post secondary degrees. While both are sort of related, she works in the grocery biz which is pretty far removed from what she has studied. This daughter has always been the easy one....she pretty much just goes with the flow. Never any hoops with this kid. That said, she still lives with us and things pop up from time to time that I really shouldn't have to speak to a full fledged adult about. Like....changing her bed sheets, taking her garbage out, letting us know that she's not coming home that night or when she will be eating dinner with us so that I can make enough. :sad2:

Well, phooey, that's annoying isn't it!?! I only ever collect enough cash miles for these promos and I use Rexall so that i don't end up with any miles sneaking into that !! Just be sure not to switch back to cash and the big bonus will post as dream(eventually)
The original plan was to keep hers at 100% cash so that we would have lots of Starbucks money for WDW but as it's gone along we just didn't spend that much. At this point it will stay 100% dream. I think we should be able to get to 5000 by the end of next year with ease. She's currently sitting at 4800 for this year.

They have NONE?!?! How on earth can that be, it's not like they weren't aware, I'm sure they had multiple emails/phone calls and meeting over this promo. I'm not sure if you can get a rain check or not since the StB *coupon* is only good till Wednesday. Perhaps you could try calling the other stores and asking before you make a trip and getting them to hold one for you if they do?

Ya, makes no sense to me. We're going to try the other downtown store tomorrow.

They have NONE?!?! How on earth can that be, it's not like they weren't aware, I'm sure they had multiple emails/phone calls and meeting over this promo. I'm not sure if you can get a rain check or not since the StB *coupon* is only good till Wednesday. Perhaps you could try calling the other stores and asking before you make a trip and getting them to hold one for you if they do?

Ottawa Urban Fresh ran out of GC on Saturday. They are supposed to get more in tomorrow. It's a province wide problem.

Just updated the post about online shopping with the Multipliers that are valid today only for future reference

Ottawa Urban Fresh ran out of GC on Saturday. They are supposed to get more in tomorrow. It's a province wide problem.
Eek. I’m lucky that I got one for me and one for my husband then. I did not even bother getting more than one per card.

Plus I just don’t like having all those gift cards in my wallet... I case I lose it!

Do we only have 1 Sobeys Urban Express in Ottawa? Wonder if they are going to have a stock of gift cards

Thanks for all the feedback on LCBO - I bought another bottle using my wife's AM card so hopefully they go through for STB

Yes there is only one Sobeys Urban Express in Ottawa.

We had a very disappointing experience this morning trying UNSUCCESSFULLY to do STB at it.

We live in the suburbs. We NEVER go downtown. But today I made a very early trip by bus downtown so I could get to Urban Express and back before work.

**THEY HAD NO GIFT CARDS**.

I asked to speak with a Manager. The Manager explained that they ran out **Last week**. That Sobey's corporate had shorted them gift cards. They had ordered 15 *boxes* and were sent *ZERO*. He even showed me the shipping confirmation of how many ordered vs received. The other day they sent an employee to a Sobey's to get some cards, and this morning were sending someone else to get more. They had already complained to Corporate.

None of that helped me. He offered to take my info and use it to purcahse a card and set it aside for me to pick up on another day, but I won't be downtown for months so that won't work either.

Trying to figure out now how to get our 7th STB so we don't lose the extra 1000 miles :-(

With no kids, no pets and no alcohol, it makes getting 7 a bit challenging. We drove to Russel/Embrun this weekend to do Foodland and Jean Coutu - while actually a nice drive, still it is >30 minutes each way. On the plus side, Foodland had some allergy-friendly products that are normally hard to find so we may be back to visit them once or twice a year !!

SW

They have some now, unfortunately. Which partners have you done?

1. Foodland
2. Jean Coutu
Shell?
Metro?
Rexall?
Nickels Deli on Greber Blvd in Gatineau (coupon on Quebec StB site)
MasterCard or Amex?
Bottle of wine for a colleague at work or a neighbour?
Rachelle Bery (Gatineau)

Trying to figure out now how to get our 7th STB so we don't lose the extra 1000 miles :-(

With no kids, no pets and no alcohol, it makes getting 7 a bit challenging. We drove to Russel/Embrun this weekend to do Foodland and Jean Coutu - while actually a nice drive, still it is >30 minutes each way. On the plus side, Foodland had some allergy-friendly products that are normally hard to find so we may be back to visit them once or twice a year !!

SW
On the off chance that you missed these hunters who are willing to help out those who are struggling ..... don't know if any of these would help you out or not

If anyone needs a STB done on their card I can do one or two for you. Let me know!

I can definitely complete either Shell offer, LCBO or Rexall. Maybe a Foodland one but I need to see next week's flyer first.

It's better to tell me here that you are sending me a PM as I often don't notice new PM notifications for a good week or more. (wry grin)

EDITED TO ADD: Metro catering can be done as well.

I have to put gas in my car in the next day or two. I've already done Shell on both our cards. Can anyone use Shell towards the seven?

SW

ottawamom and the duck have good suggestions, but another option is to use a coupon at a partner you might not shop at for yourself, but could make a good donation (especially during the holiday season)? Pet food is always a great donation to a local shelter, or maybe kids clothes to a women's shelter?

If you look at the thumbnail, it shows Hudson's Bay auto convert 1 mile and 1 bonus mile. The multiplier was 5x and my purchase was $70 pre-tax.

I had recorded my miles should be: 5x1=5; 15x3=45 (AM Shops is 1 for every $20)

Any idea why I have two 1-mile postings?

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-12_10-48-32.png
    upload_2018-12-12_10-48-32.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 4
If you look at the thumbnail, it shows Hudson's Bay auto convert 1 mile and 1 bonus mile. The multiplier was 5x and my purchase was $70 pre-tax.

I had recorded my miles should be: 5x1=5; 15x3=45 (AM Shops is 1 for every $20)

Any idea why I have two 1-mile postings?
YUP! This question always pops up around this time of year (actually 4 times a year) for anyone who is a Gold or ONYX member and here's the answer:

Hudson's Bay Rewards Members who qualify as either an Onyx or Gold AIR MILES Collector and have signed up to auto redeem their Hudson's Bay Rewards points for Reward Miles, will be eligible to receive a Quarterly Bonus based on the number of Hudson's Bay Rewards points they automatically redeemed for Reward Miles during the quarter, on the last day of August, November, February and May.
Onyx Collectors will receive 25% of the total number of Miles issued from Hudson's Bay Rewards during the three months ending on the Quarterly Bonus Date.
Gold Collectors will receive 15% of the total number of Miles issued from Hudson's Bay Rewards during the three months ending on the Quarterly Bonus Date.

SO, the single mile you see with the notation "Bonus Reward Miles" is your quarterly bonus and the one with the notation "Redemption HBC Automatic" means you earned anywhere from 40 - 79 HBC reward points during the last week. These have NOTHING to do with your online shopping.

I shopped at Sobeys and don't see the 100 AM on my receipt but I know he scanned the coupon. I do not want to have to go back! I'm a little worried it should have shown up.

I shopped at Sobeys and don't see the 100 AM on my receipt but I know he scanned the coupon. I do not want to have to go back! I'm a little worried it should have shown up.

I just did my shop this morning. My receipt shows Promo#20 $0.00, Bonus Earned 100 miles on the top line. The summary box shows the 100 bonus miles included also.
Did you strike out the bottom barcode on the coupon, maybe he scanned that one by mistake?

The same thing happened to me at Foodland and when I went back I was able to get the missing 60 miles but unfortunately it won't count for the Shop the Block promo so now I have to go back and shop there again. I guess the moral of the story is check your receipt before you leave the store. I have learned my lesson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!