Airmiles Shop the Block Earn up to 2,000 Miles

Ugh ugh ugh, this STB promo is going to be the death of me!

Not only is BC pretty light on offers but only 1 of the offers I did is showing up on my AM account as "Shop the Block Promo"!

I've done:
Thrifty Foods Spend $150, get 200AM - 200 AM showing on receipt and in account but online it is just listed as "Bonus Reward Miles"
Shell Spend $50, get 10AM - coupon listed on receipt but no bonus AM in account.
Rexall Spend $25, get 15AM 15 AM showing in receipt and in account but online listed as "Bonus Miles"
Staples Spend $75, get 25AM - coupon listed on receipt and in account but listed as "Spend $75, get 25 Miles"
Children's Place Black Friday spend $50, get 10x miles. Ordered online, nothing on receipt and no bonus in account.
Thrifty Foods liquor Spend $100, get 100. (lost receipt, darnit!) but the store was also having a Sp$100, G100 that day and even though they entered the coupon and I got 100AM on the receipt, online is showing 150AM bonus (100AM plus they had a buy 6 bottles of wine, get 50am)
Shell Spend $50, get 10AM - My one success! Coupon on receipt, AM in account and actually listed as "Shop the Block Promotion"!

So, while I have done 7 offers, I have no idea how many will credit correctly. :mad::mad::mad:

I feel the same, only the Shell actually say Shop the Block. So far I have completed 6 offers (as long as they all credit properly) without spending much outside what I would normally do. To get a 7th I would have to make a purchase that I normally wouldn't such as from Oster or something so have decided that I will be happy with the 1000 bonus. I would hate to buy something I didn't want/need just for the promo and then have one of the other offers not work.

Offers done:
Safeway Spend $100 get 100AM
Airmiles Shops - 3 shops
HBC Spend $50 get 50AM
Shell Spend $50 get 10AM
Shell spend $50 get 10AM
Mastercard 25 transactions

I am done with STB for both my card and hubby's. We live in Montreal and used offers for Quebec and Ontario (the nearest Foodland is 1h away and this month DH had to go to Toronto for business so he brought some coupons and stopped at Sobey's -- unfortunately it was a Kosher store so they didn't have the Cadbury bars).

My Card:
#1: Shell spend 50$ get 10AM -- Posted
#2: Rachelle-Béry spend 40$ get 10AM -- Posted
#3: Foodland spend 100$+ get 60AM -- Posted
#4: Foodland buy 3 Cadbury bars get 20AM -- Posted
#5: Jean Coutu spend 10$ on Personnelle products and get 10 AM -- Posted
#6: Jean Coutu spend 45$ or more in cosmetics and get 20X AM -- Posted
#7: Airmiles shops - shop at 3 stores get 150AM (Amazon (posted), Indigo and Canon)
#8: Jean Coutu use 190 cash AM and get 15 AM
#9: Jean Coutu spend at least 20$ and get 3X AM -- Posted
#10: Shell spend 50$ get 10AM -- Posted
maybe #11: Mastercard 25 transactions (I lost count)

Hubby's card:
#1: Jean Coutu spend at least 20$ and get 3X AM -- Posted
#2: Airmiles shops - shop at 3 stores get 150AM (Amazon (posted), Indigo and Gap)
#3: Sobey's Herbal Essence offer -- Posted
#4: Shell spend 50$ get 10AM -- Posted
#5: IGA buy 1.8-2.5kg flour get 5 AM
#6: IGA buy Habitant Homemade Ketchup Chow Chow get 3 AM (donated to food bank)
#7: IGA buy Sensations by Compliments Belgian cookies get 10 AM (DELICIOUS!!!)
#8: IGA for every 50$ in gift cards get 10 AM (any gc so I bought 2x25$ for a local bookstore)
#9: Foodland buy 3 Cadbury bars get 20AM -- Posted

For me it was an easy 4000 AM. There's at least 2-3 offers I could have done in addition to those I did.

If someone needs one more offer to get to 7, let me know I can probably help you. Just give me a photo or temporary copy of your AM card and I can buy the Chow Chow and/or flour that I can then donate to a food bank).

If someone needs one more offer to get to 7, let me know I can probably help you. Just give me a photo or temporary copy of your AM card and I can buy the Chow Chow and/or flour that I can then donate to a food bank).

I am certain that I need at least 1 more, I'm sending you a pm now!

I think we are done. Here's my list:

Shell x2
Rexall spend $25
Childrens place Black Friday
BMO 25 transactions
HBC Convert Points to AM
Sobeys Spend $100

Gosh...I hope they all post properly. We kept all our receipts though just in case.

Question: If the miles aren't on the receipt for Sobey's do I need to get that fixed now so that I get the stb 2000 in the Spring? I didn't get the am for the tortillas on one card and the other card didn't get the am for buying helmans/knorr products. Do I have to go back to Sobey's to get it fixed?
thanks

The Sobeys coupons usually show up on your receipt. One option would be to go back to Sobeys have them return the item in question (that didn't post properly) and then have them ring it through again with the coupon. This is the only way I can think going to the store to get them to fix it would work.

The other option is to contact Airmiles and tell them what happened. You may have to provide a copy of your receipt for proof of purchase but I have heard of them registering coupon usage in this way for one or two people.

Worst case if neither option works, you can always purchase them again but time is running out, only three more shopping days till STB ends.

Can someone please tell me the fine print on the buy $10 worth of helman's/knorr products in the Sobey's flyer. I bought a few things and none of the miles showed up on the bill for on any of our am cards.

Thanks

The Sobeys coupons usually show up on your receipt. One option would be to go back to Sobeys have them return the item in question (that didn't post properly) and then have them ring it through again with the coupon. This is the only way I can think going to the store to get them to fix it would work.

The other option is to contact Airmiles and tell them what happened. You may have to provide a copy of your receipt for proof of purchase but I have heard of them registering coupon usage in this way for one or two people.

Worst case if neither option works, you can always purchase them again but time is running out, only three more shopping days till STB ends.

Another option is to do an online chat with an AM rep. I did this when one of my offers didn't come through on my receipt from Sobeys. They were able to determine that I had done the purchase and manually added it to my account. It still hasn't shown, but I'm trusting them to do it properly (and I still have the receipt if I need to chase them for it).

squeaked by with a 7th coupon today (Global Pets). Now to wait and watch that everything posts properly!

I was hoping to finish 8 coupons so I had one extra, just in case, but getting to 7 was enough work out in the west. Good luck to everyone still finishing up!

Just a little ticked off here:furious:. I had one more shop to complete...I went online to print off the coupon which was the 200.00 shop spree at Safeway liquor for 100 AM...and now that one is not there. I'm soooo frustrated. It's already hard enough to collect Am in the West...and the little city where I live. Sigh...I guess I will just have to be happy with the 5+1 safe shop I have :sad: :sad1: :sad2:

Just a little ticked off here:furious:. I had one more shop to complete...I went online to print off the coupon which was the 200.00 shop spree at Safeway liquor for 100 AM...and now that one is not there. I'm soooo frustrated. It's already hard enough to collect Am in the West...and the little city where I live. Sigh...I guess I will just have to be happy with the 5+1 safe shop I have :sad: :sad1: :sad2:
I could be convinced to stay in Toronto a bit longer tomorrow if you would like/need me to get one of the offers at Sobeys Urban Fresh?

Offer is open to anyone else who needs that help. @cari12 we never firmed up if you're interested or not???

If i do the Shampoo you'll also get some extra miles -- if you have cash miles we could also try to use those, just need to send me a snap of your card so i can print it out

I could be convinced to stay in Toronto a bit longer tomorrow if you would like/need me to get one of the offers at Sobeys Urban Fresh?

Offer is open to anyone else who needs that help. @cari12 we never firmed up if you're interested or not???

If i do the Shampoo you'll also get some extra miles -- if you have cash miles we could also try to use those, just need to send me a snap of your card so i can print it out

How much is the shampoo offer?

I can also buy Habitant Chow Chow (3.59$) for 3 AM and 1 offer or Flour (4.99$) for 5 AM and 1 offer at IGA if anyone needs an additional offer. I will then donate the food to our local food bank. I did it for two people already and it worked without any issue.

I need one more online shop, to complete the offer. Im not sure which to choose. I've done Amazon, old Navy. I did Indigo but it didn't post, after I received my items. Should I try that store again or try something else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter