Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

No, @AndrewC John Wayne SNA is fine (so far) :)
@Disney Lvr of Old was saying it’s spooked them by my vague title (which is fixed)

The two airports affected are Long Beach and Burbank and again only by Delta.

*Sigh* and I even read your full post and somehow STILL thought it was SNA.

I guess I'm booking my SNA flight now, there's a chance BUR/LGB people may rebook to SNA instead of LAX and flights may start to fill up a little more. Even a handful of seats sold can sometimes bump the price up a little.

It’s okay! I get it. Wear a mask? Okay I don’t like it but I can do that!

Fly into LAX? Okay I am out. :wave2:

I actually don't mind LAX (and they have a SkyClub to hang out in!) but I HATE the drive between Disney and LAX. Even though I usually do Universal toward the end of the week I'll trek back to Disney and book DLH for at least one night so the day I depart I leave from Disney and head to SNA. It's just so nice being 15 minutes or so away rather than 90+ minutes...

I’m starting to like LGB more than SNA, mostly because the rental car counter is right across the street vs the hike I face when landing in the new terminal at SNA (I fly southwest usually)

I actually don't mind LAX (and they have a SkyClub to hang out in!) but I HATE the drive between Disney and LAX.
Agree about the drive. :car:
Otherwise I hate LAX. The terminals (yes the new ones) are poorly laid out in the gate areas, especially #3. Hard to know just where the actual boarding line is. And the sky club(s) are too small for the number of patrons. In that sense, the one in the old terminals was much better. Just for the record, we are DL Plat and regularly fly up front. (Yes, we are snobs)

Agree about the drive. :car:
Otherwise I hate LAX. The terminals (yes the new ones) are poorly laid out in the gate areas, especially #3. Hard to know just where the actual boarding line is. And the sky club(s) are too small for the number of patrons. In that sense, the one in the old terminals was much better. Just for the record, we are DL Plat and regularly fly up front. (Yes, we are snobs)

I also hate LAX. The wait for rental car vans is way too long and it's not really in a convenient location. The trouble to get to the American Eagle terminals for some AA domestic flights is also a nightmare. The only redeeming thing in LAX is the awesome Star Alliance lounge which is excellent by the standards of a US business class lounge. Unfortunately, it's quite a long walk from the United domestic terminal so I have to arrive extra early if I'm going to have lunch in the lounge when flying domestic. LAX also has priority pass options which isn't a thing for SNA or LGB. Unfortunately, it doesn't make sense to use priority pass in LAX when flying Southwest due to the extra walk so this barely factors in to my preference. If UA didn't change their policy on UA club passes, I would probably rank SNA as my favorite because in the past, you could use the lounge when flying Southwest. But given how far you have to walk for the Uber/Lyft stop or rental cars in SNA, I may now slightly prefer LGB.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a limo service - there will be 7 people and atleast 8 pieces of luggage round trip from LAX to Disneyland hotel
I like Uber XL and lax has redone there pickup system but XL can still get you curbside

Does anyone have any recommendations for a limo service - there will be 7 people and atleast 8 pieces of luggage round trip from LAX to Disneyland hotel
Will anyone in your party need a car seat or a booster? CA has strict laws about car seat/booster requirements. Lansky can provide these, if needed -- make the request with your reservation. Agree with the pp that Lansky gets very good reviews on this board. They will also provide one short grocery stop on the way to your hotel so that you can get water, snacks, and a few things for your hotel stay.

I’d recommend Karmel shuttle if you have no children 8yo or younger or Zippy Shuttle and Lansky Limo if you do. All 3 are good reliable options.

Will anyone in your party need a car seat or a booster? CA has strict laws about car seat/booster requirements. Lansky can provide these, if needed -- make the request with your reservation. Agree with the pp that Lansky gets very good reviews on this board. They will also provide one short grocery stop on the way to your hotel so that you can get water, snacks, and a few things for your hotel stay.
Do you know what the CA laws are for car seat/booster requirements? We had Karmel Shuttle booked for our trip and they changed our reservation to a private car because of COVID. I have a nine year old daughter who is usually fine if it is a shuttle bus, not sure if she would need a booster for a private car out in CA or not.

Do you know what the CA laws are for car seat/booster requirements? We had Karmel Shuttle booked for our trip and they changed our reservation to a private car because of COVID. I have a nine year old daughter who is usually fine if it is a shuttle bus, not sure if she would need a booster for a private car out in CA or not.
She should be fine, unless she is unusually small for her age -- I believe the age limit is 8.

ETA: CA Car Seat Law 2020
Children under the age of 8 must be secured in a car seat or booster seat in the back seat. Children who are 8 years of age OR have reached 4'9” in height may be secured by a booster seat, but at a minimum must be secured by a safety belt. (California Vehicle Code Section 27363.)

Anybody know a rough estimate what an Uber would cost from SNA to Tropicana Inn & Suites? Probably an Uber XL (three people, six bags)?

Your options
UberX
$18.84

Comfort
$22.43

UberXL
$30.28
Ok, that's a lot cheaper than a shuttle :)
I might have to rethink our travel plans a bit. We are currently supposed to fly from Chicago to LAX and then use Karmel Shuttle to get to the Tropicana. I might change that to be Chicago to SNA and then use an Uber/Lyft instead of the shuttle. I hate that Milwaukee has no nonstop flights to LA. Southwest used to have some here and there but none are showing right now so we are booked on American Airlines.

Anybody know a rough estimate what an Uber would cost from SNA to Tropicana Inn & Suites? Probably an Uber XL (three people, six bags)?
Your options
UberX
$18.84

Comfort
$22.43

UberXL
$30.28
Remember that time and day will also play a huge part. I've paid as little as $20 and as much as $50 with Uber or Lyft depending on when my flight is getting in (LGB to the resort area, which is a similar milage as SNA to the resort area). For example, Tuesday midmorning is substantially cheaper than Fridays at 4:00 pm.

I canceled our Karmel Shuttle service a few days ago. I emailed them yesterday to see when the refund would hit our credit card and they came back and said that they don't have anyone in their accounting department in the office right now because of the California lock downs, but people are expected back next Wednesday. They also said that the next Wednesday date could change because of the ongoing COVID situation. Has anyone else dealt with this in the last few weeks? Does it sound like they are just dragging their feet to not process my refund?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!