Airport Transfer Company vs. Uber

jldeahl

Mouseketeer
My family of four is flying to MCO for our first Disney trip. We're staying at Swan and so don't have access to Magical Express, so I'm trying to figure out how to get from the airport to the hotel. We will have a 3 and 5 year old with us. I've been reading a lot about airport transfer companies on the Disney blogs I read, but is there any reason we shouldn't just Uber? (We live in DC and use Uber all the time, so we're very familiar & comfortable with the service.) It seems like the obvious choice, so I'm just wondering what the merits of airport transfer company are by comparison. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Check out the price of Uber/Lyft using ride.guru to see what it will run. When we went with our kids, when the were young, we opted for using something like Tiffany Town car as we also wanted to stop off at the grocery store first.

You will need a child car seat for the 3yo, and either a booster or car seat for the 5yo. Officially, Uber is available at the airport with one car seat, but checking right now, I see UberX with a car seat in the app, but not currently available. UberXL with car seat doesn't even show in the app, so maybe that's been discontinued. For 4 riders with luggage, UberX probably would not be enough space; in fact, you might have trouble just getting a 3rd person in the back seat with a car seat & booster. The Uber app does show a Sedan with car seat available for $68, which is probably an independent car service driver.

I think you would be safer to have a pre-arranged ride that you know will have 2 car seats, or 1 car seat and bring your own Bubble Bum or folding booster for the 5yo. Getting an Uber at the airport with a car seat looks kind of dicey.

With two little ones, I would feel much better having a prearranged ride, with available car seats. You can also stop at a grocery store and grab some stuff. One parent can run in, the other stay in the car with the kids. It's so nice to be met at the bottom of the escalator and helped with luggage.

The car seat issue would be my only concern with Uber. We don’t make stops on our way to the resorts and have had great service with Uber/Lyft.

I am using Florida Tours for the first time this month. I booked with them because they are a DIS Boards sponsor. I have read great reviews about them as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter