AK Caring for the Giants Tour...

timsueshd

Julie the Cruise Director
I just book the Caring for the Giants Tour at Animal Kingdom, for $30 a person, it didn't sound like a bad price...

Has anyone else been on this tour? How was it?

By what I have found online, it sounds very cool (better than seeing elephants at a local zoo) and interesting!

I did this in March. It was pretty cool seeing all the backstage areas and where the elephants stay when they're not on the safari. You definitely get more up close, but not enough to touch them like you do in the new rhino tour. It's fun seeing the safari from the other side while the ride vehicles are passing by. It took a little over an hour and was a good way to do something a little different in Animal Kingdom. I had an AP discount so it was around $25 for me and I used my Disney Rewards to pay, you might want to see if you qualify for any discounts.

It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the new Rhino tour once people start reporting back.

I did take a look at the new Rhino tour, but it didn't seem as interesting as the elephants.

I would imagine it all depends on what each person's interests are.

I have heard rave reviews of it but have yet to do it.

I am doing the Rhino tour in November though.

For this tour, do you drive through the regular safari at all, or do you still have to do that separately?

Thanks!!

For this tour, do you drive through the regular safari at all, or do you still have to do that separately?

Thanks!!

Safari is separate. You are driven backstage by a CM. You can actually see the Safari trucks riding through from where you stand.

We've done the Elephant tour at least 3 times, seems like I'm forgetting one even.
We love it, needless to say. Any animal event is always wonderful and always worth doing over and over again because they are animals and never do the same things.
You can always learn things about them.
If you search here on the board you'll find a lot of reviews on it.

Did this in March for my birthday! Loved it and highly recommend. Great addition to an AK day!

We just did it in August with our whole family and we loved it. We are a family of 6 and they bumped us up because of the forecast and we ended up having our own private tour. We will definitely do this again.

I just book the Caring for the Giants Tour at Animal Kingdom, for $30 a person, it didn't sound like a bad price...

Has anyone else been on this tour? How was it?

By what I have found online, it sounds very cool (better than seeing elephants at a local zoo) and interesting!

I just did this tour last Saturday. It was worth the $30, but unfortunately when I went, the elephants weren't very cooperative, so I didn't get to see them "play with sticks" (as one review called their antics) very much at all. But for an Animal Kingdom fan, I'm really glad I did it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!