Akershus Late Lunch

JW25

Earning My Ears
I’ve got a 2:55pm spot at Akershus for 2/6. I’m not too concerned about the late time as we like to snack on Cronuts and Fish and Chips earlier in the day. Was wondering if the later time slot affects the overal experience (feeling rushed, etc). Thanks in advance!

My husband and I take our daughter to Akershus every year. We either go for early morning breakfast or mid-afternoon lunch (2/3/4 o'clock). We have always been for normal supper time, but not as many times. At all of these times, the experience has been consistent. We have never felt rushed, and they always time it so that you see every princess during your meal, no matter the time. The princesses are always great and spend a lot of time visiting with our girl, and the food is consistently delicious. They also time the "parade" around the room such that you will always get a chance to do it during your reservation no matter the time, so if you have little kids they will get to do that still.

I am so glad this post is here! I just got a ADR for Akershus for 3pm during our visit. I was a little worried about the timing because it's closer to dinner. Luckily I snagged a TS for Garden Grill at 7:20pm. I just don't want to feel like we're eating all the time we're there! Do you think it's not a good idea to have 2 TS character dining reservations in the same day? My children are used to sleeping a little later, and the day we go to Epcot will be after a long day at MK... Not sure how late we want to stay in Epcot in the evening...

Personally, I’d do only 1 character dining per day. Earlier this year we had a 6pm spot at Garden Grill after a full day at Epcot. My 7 year old refused to eat because she was so tired. Felt like I wasted a kids TS credit on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!