AKL-Kidani or OKW?

The only time I ever gave up on the buses and went to get my car was at AKV. I have seen people with issues at OKW (and GF for that matter), so I'm sure it can happen anywhere...

Coincidently, those are the only two resorts we've stayed at when we've needed a 2 BR. The adults strongly preferred OKW. The kids (4yo and 6 yo) gave a slight edge to Kidani, where they got to see zebras, but surprisingly, they preferred the main pool at OKW and the bus stop set-up ( no one felt there was as much walking at OKW, and the Kidani bus stop was kind of big, and the buses didn't come as often).

We have had good luck at OKW with the bus. You can spend about 8-10 minutes just going around the resort if you get on at the first stop. We like to request south point so it's easy to get a seat when going and 2nd stop coming back. AK has just the 2 stop, vs 5 at OKW, but a long ride to every park but AK. I think you spend about the same amount of time on the bus at either resort.

It seems that the buses are rated slightly higher at AK, compared to OKW from what I can gather.

I was a little worried because we visited Jambo House with friends last summer and waited over and hour for a bus from there to Hollywood Studios. We ended up getting a cab, but the bus pulled up right as we walked off. It was a nightmare with three kids 6 and under. I am sure it was an unfortunately and rare thing, but it definitely had me worried..
...sounds like a case of "technical difficulties"....we've stayed at Jambo House 4 times and NEVER waited longer than 20 minutes...what a nightmare for you!

...sounds like a case of "technical difficulties"....we've stayed at Jambo House 4 times and NEVER waited longer than 20 minutes...what a nightmare for you!

It definitely had to be something strange. The concierge called and looked frustrated..

Not something I would expect frequently

Your children will love Kidani-and I hope you get a chance to get to the pool-it’s perfect for their ages! The cms are so nice and there are evening activities for kids-
We love them both, but there’s nothing like sitting on the balcony drinking your morning coffee and animal watching.

With kids that age if they aren't great swimmers yet we like places that have zero entry pool. We much prefer the theme at kidani to OKW. Our kids love the pool area and I love the animals. Saana is our favorite restaurant on property. Just ask for a room close to the lobby as it is a long walk to the furthest rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter