AKL Kidani - Pembe savanna or sunset savanna view

leggZ523

Earning My Ears
We are staying in AKL Kidani in a 2 bedroom. Never stayed there before. If we have a choice, should we stay in the Pembe savanna view or sunset? We are checking in 4/15/13 and leaving 4/20/13. We are only going to the parks for 2 days and planning to hang at the pool and the resort or room for the rest of the days. Any suggestions?

We are staying in AKL Kidani in a 2 bedroom. Never stayed there before. If we have a choice, should we stay in the Pembe savanna view or sunset? We are checking in 4/15/13 and leaving 4/20/13. We are only going to the parks for 2 days and planning to hang at the pool and the resort or room for the rest of the days. Any suggestions?

Sunset is the largest savanna at AKL and is viewed by both Jambo and Kidani. It has giraffes. Pembe is fairly small savanna on the northwest to north side of Kidai that has instead opakis, a much smaller animal that is a member of the giraffe family. If you want to see giraffes you thus need to ask for sunset savanna view.

Sunset Savannah is larger and has a better selection of animals. If I recall correctly, there are only smaller grazing animals on the Pembe Savannah. There are also many more rooms facing the Sunset Savannah which might help if you had other requests as well, such as "Close to Elevator" (I am not sure if any of the Pembe Savannah villas are close to the elevator). Have a great trip, the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas is spectacular!

^At Kidani, you should not make a request that simply says "close to the elevator." That's because there are three sets of elevators on each of the two long wings and a close to an elevator request means you could end up anywhere in the building. If you want to request elevator, you need to name the particular elevator. An ideal request is sunset savanna view and close to the Rafiki elevator which puts you within striking distance of the lobby, bus stop, restaurant and store and is the elevator that is closest to the pool.

ive had 2 stays on Sunset and I love the animals. I would like to spend some time watching the Okapi on a shorter trip. But the impression I got when I walked down the hallway to look at Pembe...Disney did a great job making the illusion that Jambo is a resort on the edge of a real , larger, savanna (including Sunset). But Pembe looks more like your resort is next to a zoo.

So while I would enjoy looking at the animals at both, I don't think I would want Pembe to be my first AKV experience.

Does anyone know if the pool at kadani have a slide?

It has two slides. There is a "baby slide" near the zero entry area and the large spiral slide at the end of the pool. There is also a splash area with water guns and tipping water buckets for the kids. Enjoy!

Just out of curiosity, when do you make these requests (ie at check-in or prior to arrival). We'll be making our first DVC vacation to AKL in Jan 2014 and would love to have some say as to our SV.

Thanks for the info. If u r a DVC member, call up member services and make those requests

I agree with the fact that the Sunset savanna is the "superior" savanna, but if you want to be certain to be close to the pool, I would choose the Pembe savanna since it is on the north end of the building. Your other option would be to select Sunset savanna and request to be close to the pool. If you end up on the south end of Kidani, you will have a LONG walk to the pool. Heck, the Jambo pool might be closer:lmao:

To drusba - thanks for that great advice. We r in room 7624, next to rafiki elevator and on the second floor - eye view with the giraffes. We love the room and we wouldn't have known to get it if we didn't ask. Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter