AKL Value vs Standard

flinkerfrosch

DIS Veteran
Could someone please explain to me the difference between a Value 1 bedroom vs a Standard 1 bedroom in regards to room size and views?

And...what type of view would a Standard View Studio have?

The Value villas are all at the end of one hallway. The Values are smaller, and the views can be pool, parking lot, or savanna. We have stayed in a Value one bedroom with savanna view and it was lovely. Plenty of room for the 3 of us. They will NOT guarantee what view you will have - it is just luck of the draw.

Value's exist only at Jambo and they are all in the front part of the building. They are value because they are smaller than all other DVC room, e.g., the studio is about 315 sq ft in comparison to the about 360 for standard and savanna view. There are a limited number of values and they tend to be gone before 7 months out most times of year, and at times like early Dec they can fil at exactly 11 months out. 40% have pool view, 20% parking lot, and 40% savanna. View cannot be reqested and it is luck of the draw.

At Jambo most standards have pool view. There are also a small number of rooms that were converted from savanna view and thus possible to get at least a pertial savanna view. At Kidani, standards have road/bus stop view, front entrance view, pool view, and like Jambo a small number of savanna view rooms that were converted to standard.

The Value villas are all at the end of one hallway. The Values are smaller, and the views can be pool, parking lot, or savanna. We have stayed in a Value one bedroom with savanna view and it was lovely. Plenty of room for the 3 of us. They will NOT guarantee what view you will have - it is just luck of the draw.

Great, thank-you! There will be 4 of us travelling, and just this past Oct we stayed in a Deluxe Studio Savanna View, and it was great, so I'm assuming a 1 bedroom Value would be even bigger and suit us perfectly!

Value's exist only at Jambo and they are all in the front part of the building. They are value because they are smaller than all other DVC room, e.g., the studio is about 315 sq ft in comparison to the about 360 for standard and savanna view. There are a limited number of values and they tend to be gone before 7 months out most times of year, and at times like early Dec they can fil at exactly 11 months out. 40% have pool view, 20% parking lot, and 40% savanna. View cannot be reqested and it is luck of the draw.

At Jambo most standards have pool view. There are also a small number of rooms that were converted from savanna view and thus possible to get at least a pertial savanna view. At Kidani, standards have road/bus stop view, front entrance view, pool view, and like Jambo a small number of savanna view rooms that were converted to standard.

Thank-you for the info!

What I really wanted initially was a Studio CL, but the person I'm renting points from couldn't get it for the 9 or 10 nights we plan on staying next Oct. She has us on a waitlist for at least 4 nights in the beginning or end, but I doubt we will get it:(
So, now I'm debating on doing a split stay in a Studio (Standard View or Savanna View 5 nights) and a 1 bedroom either Standard or Value 5 nights.
We just got back this past Oct in a Savanna View Studio, and loved it, but also would love a pool view cause its so gorgeous to look at!
Decisions Decisions...

If you are going to attempt a split stay, part studio and part 1BR, and you have not done the 1 or 2BRs before, I highly recommend you do the studio portion first and the 1BR second, because if you do the opposite, the studio is going to seem like a letdown once you have done a 1BR. As many DVC members will profess, once you have done a 1BR, you never go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter