• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV - Jambo vs Kidani & Savannah vs Standard View

nblank

Earning My Ears
I just booked our first stay at AKV for June. I booked a studio savannah room at Jambo House. Any thoughts on Jambo vs. Kidani? Also, is it worth the extra points to reserve the savannah view or is the standard view ok?

Thanks!

I just booked our first stay at AKV for June. I booked a studio savannah room at Jambo House. Any thoughts on Jambo vs. Kidani? Also, is it worth the extra points to reserve the savannah view or is the standard view ok? Thanks!
I took my DD 19 and her cousin 11 last March. We stayed in a studio non-savannah but our balcony looked out on animals.....just not giraffes and zebras. For the small amount of time we spent looking outside, I was fine with those animals. We don't spend a ton of time at our resort on trips. We spent the extra money saved from non-savannah on dining.

First, I think that for a studio, you're better at Jambo than Kidani. But so much is "luck of the draw" as far as room view is concerned, standard vs. savannah. Having said that, I've never had a savannah room I disliked. However, once I got a "reclassified" standard view studio that had as nice a view as any savannah view I'd had, only fewer points! And once I got a standard studio with a neat little bench outside that overlooked the savannah. Evry morning, I'd take my morning coffee out there to watch the animals. I'd prefer to have been able to do it from my own balcony, but at least I was saving points-

You did not mention who was in your party, but unless you spend a lot of time in your room and out on balcony a standard view is fine. I prefer Jambo, but my children are grown so pool/play area is not a factor. There are so many different viewing areas around the resort. The picture above is a small example.There are balconies with rockers off the lobby. There is the Arusha rock overlook area where you can even get night vision goggles. There are areas out by the pool. Plenty of places to see the animals. Just being at the resort is a great experience!

We prefer Kidani since we use Disney transportation and it is the first stop for the parks. We also usually stay in a 1 bedroom and Kidani has the extra bath. For us, standard view is fine. There are plenty of great public viewing areas and we don't spend that much time on our balcony to justify the extra points. We do like the lodge feel at Jambo, so I really don't think you can go wrong either way. These are just some things to think about.

There are plenty of great public viewing areas

GB is correct there are plenty of good public viewing areas. And while I agree that I don't spend much time in my room, I must say that, my late night viewing on the balcony before bed is relaxing, and likewise communing with the animals in the morning while others are in the bathroom gets me ready for the day. So my vote is for the savanna view. Re: kidani vs Jambo, jambo has a much more attractive lobby and better access to restaurants, but rooms are slightly larger at Kidani and the fire pit I think is nicer. You really won't go wrong at either.

Thanks so much everyone! It will just be my 14 yr old DD and myself. I am sure she will love the savannah view. How are the wait times to get to the parks? AKV is our home resort but my hesitation about staying there has always been that it is always a bus ride to the parks (unlike many of the others with the monorail, boat service, or walking)

Thanks so much everyone! It will just be my 14 yr old DD and myself. I am sure she will love the savannah view. How are the wait times to get to the parks? AKV is our home resort but my hesitation about staying there has always been that it is always a bus ride to the parks (unlike many of the others with the monorail, boat service, or walking)
We just returned from 9 days at Kidani. I think the longest we ever waited for a bus was maybe 10 minutes and the longest bus ride was maybe 15. We were very pleased with the transportation. I also highly recommend a savanna view. I don't think I would stay at akl without one. I ended up getting sick and spending more time in the room than planed. The animals kept me company! I just laid in bed with the curtains open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter