AKV less than 2 weeks

MICKEYFAN28

Earning My Ears
Hello fellow dvc members!!!!!! Me my wife and 3 yr old princess are headed down to akv on sept 16th for 8 days:cool1:
I have all my adrs and was wondering what you thought about the restaurants and was also curious about which water park to hit.
Mon cinderellas castle for breakfast, tues boma for dinner,wed akershus for lunch, thurs hollywood and vine for breakfast,and beaches and cream at least once!!! These were restraunts we haven't tried yet! Any good?
Also we have never hit a water park and were thinking of trying one. I was thinking typhoon lagoon? Worth it or is my 3 year old to small?
We have only been in oct dec and jan and are hitting sept for the first time. My [outlaws] I mean inlaws;) live in fla and just decided they were going to come up for the weekend of the 21st and was told there were no rooms available when they called last night! I thought this was a slow time of year and now feel a little scared!!! Any input on crowds for the week? Is it just because it's the weekend and the free dining????? I'd love to hear some input!!
Thanks, Eric

Hi! We're going to be at AKV just for 2 nights, I just had to try out the newest DVC, the 16th and 17th, and we can't wait to stay there...how great that you'll have a longer stay. I do have a limegreen disboard pin with Bobbiwoz on it, I'd love to stop and say hi if you see me!

We're grandparents and our whole family including 2,3, and 4 year old DGC will be going to WDW in October, staying at VWL, and I was giving serious consideration to spending a day at Blizzard Beach. If you do go to a water park, be sure to post how it went!

Bobbi:goodvibes

We are there now and the place is pretty spectacular. The savanna-view studio is very well done.

like your menu choices.

I will be there then too!!!

some schools in georgia have off that week. fall break.

Cindys castle to me is not worth it unless you have little girls. (or older girls)

also staying at AKV - standard studio - so hoping for a pool view.

If I happen to see you Bobbi I will stop and say hello for sure! I will also let you know about the waterpark.
Thanks wildernessdad my wife is so looking forward to the room!
Pat, my little princess is almost three and everything revolves around the disney princesses! Thats why we are doing the castle and akershus. I am looking forward to her excitement. She is even going to the halloween party as sleeping beauty!

With a 3 year old, you will definitely want Typhoon Lagoon over Blizzard...much more for little ones there. Enjoy!

AKV is BEAUTIFUL! Just returned and added-on b/c we loved it so much!

Hi! We're going to be at AKV just for 2 nights, I just had to try out the newest DVC, the 16th and 17th, and we can't wait to stay there...how great that you'll have a longer stay. I do have a limegreen disboard pin with Bobbiwoz on it, I'd love to stop and say hi if you see me!

We're grandparents and our whole family including 2,3, and 4 year old DGC will be going to WDW in October, staying at VWL, and I was giving serious consideration to spending a day at Blizzard Beach. If you do go to a water park, be sure to post how it went!

Hey Bobbi--we do a water park every visit and have since our kids were way little (well, ok they are STILL little :lmao: at ages 8, 6 and 4.5). It is always one of our best days! TL is better than BB for the younger ones. I would definitely advocate not going to BB with kiddos that little.

Also....and this was news to us...just found out on Friday while we were at TL...they have a kids' program where you can drop your kids off with the CMs who will play all kinds of games with them. And no...parents do not have to be there. They tell the parents, "go do your own thing!" They will also provide them lunch if you want. All for no extra charge!

Free babysitting at WDW! Who knew?!

We ended up not taking them up on it, as the water parks are such a fun day for our whole family, but it was great to know. We did watch for a while, and they were playing very fun, safe water games with lots of staff supervision. And they had a DJ playing music from Hannah Montana and High School Musical....really looked well done! The staff kept telling us..."go do Crush-n-Gusher...go read on the beach....we'll take 'em, really!" :goodvibes

We are there now and the place is pretty spectacular. The savanna-view studio is very well done.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but Wilderness Dad - tell me more!! I will be there with my sister in 18 days (can't wait:goodvibes). I need more info please....TIA:flower3:

We just got back from AKV as well and the rooms are sooooo nice. I was really impressed with the job they did on the studio we were in. My DH loved the flat screen TV in the room the most...:rotfl:

Hey Bobbi--we do a water park every visit and have since our kids were way little (well, ok they are STILL little :lmao: at ages 8, 6 and 4.5). It is always one of our best days! TL is better than BB for the younger ones. I would definitely advocate not going to BB with kiddos that little.

Also....and this was news to us...just found out on Friday while we were at TL...they have a kids' program where you can drop your kids off with the CMs who will play all kinds of games with them. And no...parents do not have to be there. They tell the parents, "go do your own thing!" They will also provide them lunch if you want. All for no extra charge!

Free babysitting at WDW! Who knew?!

We ended up not taking them up on it, as the water parks are such a fun day for our whole family, but it was great to know. We did watch for a while, and they were playing very fun, safe water games with lots of staff supervision. And they had a DJ playing music from Hannah Montana and High School Musical....really looked well done! The staff kept telling us..."go do Crush-n-Gusher...go read on the beach....we'll take 'em, really!" :goodvibes

Wow! OK, if we all do a water park, it will be Typhoon Lagoon!! Thanks for the information. We don't see enough of these kids, and if TL has better facilities for the little ones, that's our choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter