AKV or AKV/BLT split?

amym2

DIS Veteran
Now that our fabulous Aulani vacation is over (boo) it's time to start thinking about next fall break's vacation in WDW (yay). It will be me, DH, DS12, DD10, my parents, and possibly my sister and BIL. We'll need a 2 bdrm and possibly a studio (I'd rather not spend the points for a GV since this will be a park-heavy trip). The kids want to do an AKV-BLT split, but I'm not sure I want to drag my parents into a split stay (we've done it with the 4 of us and know how it works). We've never stayed at either resort. It will have been 3 years since we've done the major theme parks, so we'll probably stay a week and try to hit all 4 parks, with multiple days for MK and EP. The kids will want to do a water park, but I'm hoping the pools at AKV or AKV and BLT will suffice. So if it were you, and given the logistics above, what would you do?

(I'll probably book our home resort of SSR at 11mos just in case and then switch at 7mos. We've done THV and won't do those this trip.)

Figure out where you think you would be spending most of your time. If it's MK then the split would be a good idea (easy walk over) or bus it and it's also on the monorail line for Epcot. You have a wider range of restaurants besides those in BLT since you are so close to Poly, WL, Wilderness Campgrounds and GF.

We love both AKV and AK. They are beautiful resorts especially if you book a savanna room. Great restaurants, pools. The disadvantage is that you have to take a bus everywhere.

You didn't say how many days you wanted to stay in each. Packing may be a bit of an inconvenience for your parents but they may just go with the flow. Once you get all settled in then you have to do it all over again. It's a great opportunity for them and you to see two different resorts with totally different theming though.

Even thought switching rooms may be a hassle, there are two benefits.

1. You get free mouskeeping, especially if you schedule it right.
2. AK is an awesome resort but FAR from MK and monorail, BLT is close to MK and far from AK.

I would definitely recommend a split stay as you get to visit two really nice resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter