AKV or wait for DVC in CA??

Ooba

Mouseketeer
We purchased points at BCV last summer. Now with AKV opening, we are considering adding points to get the longer contract (one that can be given to the kids later). I know there have been hundreds of rumors in the past regarding DVC coming to DL. Since we are on the west coast, we would obviously LOVE to own at a DL property. So what are the latest rumors (or better yet, facts) as to DVC in CA? The big question is, do we add on at AKV or wait a while longer to see what happens at DL??

Latest rumor is that something "might" me announced on June 11th when the press event takes place at DLR to open the Nemo Submarine Voyage. I would at least wait until then if you are on the fence.

Latest rumor is that something "might" me announced on June 11th when the press event takes place at DLR to open the Nemo Submarine Voyage. I would at least wait until then if you are on the fence.
Yes, but don't forget about the price increase on June 4th. :smokin:

MG

Put a down payment on a contract now, before the price increase, and hold the paperwork until after the June 11 press event. That gives you the best of both worlds. If something in CA is announced, call and cancel the AKV add-on. They will refund all of your money.

If nothing is announced on 6/11, I'd just move forward with AKV. Even if they do announce a CA resort, it would seem to be at least 18-24 months before it would open. The site in question is still undeveloped. By then you'll be ready for another add-on. ;)

We have enough points for how we vacation at WDW. With that said we have no intention of adding points for stays at SSR or AKV. Our mindset would change dramatically if a DLR DVC were announced. We would most likely buy a DLR DVC contract, as opposed to an add on of resale points, to get the 11 month window. We feel any DVC at DLR will be hard to book, last minute, and one would HAVE to use the 11 month window to book for Candlelight Procession, Christmas season in general, Thanksgiving, certain summer weekends, and possibly Food And Wine Weekends.
It's not easy to get last minute reservations at the DLR hotels now as it is. This summer opens the Nemo /Sub lagoon attraction. The queue line is projected to be enormous for a while. A lottery is in place for AP holders to get a ride. I suspect getting a DLR hotel room this summer will be next to impossible, at the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter