AKV owners beware- check your ressies!!!

magicmommy

DIS Veteran
I just went online to check my ressie for AKV savannah view studio for October. I made this ressie on Wednesday the 16th @ 9am. I was done by 9:10am.....I just checked online and the ressie was not there. I didn't panic too much and thought maybe it just had not caught up yet online. I spoke to Rosa and she told me she did not have it....I dig thru my paperwork and find the Confirmation number I got verbally on Wednesday. She tells me to hold on and comes back to tell me that the reservation had been "cancelled due to a system error". Thankfully I caught it in time and since it was a Friday and Saturday night there was still availability. So if you booked on Wednesday please check before it opens to all owners on June 6th!!!!

I just went online to check my ressie for AKV savannah view studio for October. I made this ressie on Wednesday the 16th @ 9am. I was done by 9:10am.....I just checked online and the ressie was not there. I didn't panic too much and thought maybe it just had not caught up yet online. I spoke to Rosa and she told me she did not have it....I dig thru my paperwork and find the Confirmation number I got verbally on Wednesday. She tells me to hold on and comes back to tell me that the reservation had been "cancelled due to a system error". Thankfully I caught it in time and since it was a Friday and Saturday night there was still availability. So if you booked on Wednesday please check before it opens to all owners on June 6th!!!!

Thankfully, mine shows up on the web site!

When is DVC going to just hire CakBill to take over thier computer system? :lmao: :rotfl2:

For such a large and customer-oriented company, they have more computer problems than just about any place I have ever heard of. :confused3

I'm very glad you caught that! I was happy to see that ours are "there."

Bobbi:goodvibes

Good catch. It definitely pays to double check those ressies. And one should double check those DDP add-ons as well with MS.

We could have a another thread about their computer system or lack thereof.

i posted that one of our rrservations was
gone also. ms said a computer glitch.
everyone should be sure to double check,
could be a nightmare.

Frankly I'm surprised that any ressies actually went through on the 16th :) Between the flood of calls and the '08 booking problems I'm just glad ours made it through.

It is always good to double and triple check to be sure, especially where bookings as new as those for AKV are concerned.

I just called MS to check on our AKV reservation in January...it was there, fortunately. I was worried because I can't get to the dvcmember website at all from my laptop, and from the desktop I can get to the login site but it says it doesn't recognize my username/password (same one that has been working for months).

After I made the AKV ressie on May 16 I was able to tell the points for that reservation had been deducted from the points pages, but I couldn't see the actual reservation under vacation details the way I normally can (even right after making the reservation). I figured that might take a little while due to all the AKV fuss. Now I can't see anything at all. I am glad I called MS, as I'd be pretty freaked out right now with the threat of disappearing reservations combined with the sudden inability to log in. I'm no tech wizard, but I just can't figure out why my work laptop gets an error trying to even open the dvcmember.com site, and the desktop gets there, but then says I'm no longer recognized.

My AKV contract is still showing "null" as the resort name, but I did see the deed registered on the Orange County site (paperwork hasn't arrived home yet). The MS lady who checked my reservations said their computers' functionality suffered in a big way when online point banking began. I think it's time for SAP at WDW! It's always astonished me (and not in a good way) that pre-DVC when I called CRO to reserve a room their system acted as though I was a first-time guest despite probably a cumulative year's worth of nights spent in their resorts.

I am placating my just-back from Wonder cruise and WDW trip self by looking at my calendar filled with Disney "dates" through 2008!

Well I am really glad that I saw this thread, because somehow one of my reservations was cancelled the same day that I made it. I will be the phone first thing at 9 am to find out what the heck happened. I never cancelled it that is for sure and I hope that they can fix it. :headache:

Personally I think Disney uses the "computer glitch" as a excuse for poor customer service.

I called them this AM and they said that not only had it been cancelled, but that it did not even show up under my account. It was really weird. They searched and found it by the confirmation # and they found it but it was not where it was supposed to be. In the the end they still had space so they just rebooked it. I was soooo happy. I was afraid since it was a Dec. reservation that it would have gotten grabbed up.

We've been checking our October AKV reservations online daily (sometimes more than once a day) since this thread started. We've not had any problems. So far, so good.:rolleyes1

I called them this AM and they said that not only had it been cancelled, but that it did not even show up under my account. It was really weird. They searched and found it by the confirmation # and they found it but it was not where it was supposed to be. In the the end they still had space so they just rebooked it. I was soooo happy. I was afraid since it was a Dec. reservation that it would have gotten grabbed up.

Luckily they still had space and rebooked it???

With a confirmation number I'll be darned if I was left out on the porch. Someone is going to give up their reservation and it's not going to be me!!!

Or since I always book a one bedroom and eat in, give the best room in the house AND free meals until you get me a room!!!!!

Luckily they still had space and rebooked it???

With a confirmation number I'll be darned if I was left out on the porch. Someone is going to give up their reservation and it's not going to be me!!!

Or since I always book a one bedroom and eat in, give the best room in the house AND free meals until you get me a room!!!!!

Trust me I was about to that point. If they would not have had something available there was about to be a major issue. My husband said then they better put us in the best room they have at AKV. I was not going to take no for an answer. They were really goo though and took care of it right away.

Ok. I'm officially nervous. I can't see any of my reservations, including my AKV one. When I login to My DVC and click on Vacation Points, I get the "sorry this page is not currently available."

I was just able to get in to see all my reservations. I have a question though. What's the difference between "vacation points used" and "reservation points used"? My reservations at BWV for December 2007 use the terminology of vacation points but my March 2008 reservation at AKV uses the terminology of reservation points. Is there a difference??

p.s. I didn't take the developer points, I took the discounted AKV price per point.

I got my hard copy ressie in the mail today... yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter