AKV Reservation points

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Has anyone inquired whether the "reservation" points, as AKV points are now described will change to regular vacation club points once the buildings opened?

Were the SSR points called "reservation points" in the beginning? I'm wondering because generally, once points become reservation points, they can't be banked/used as DVC points. Since Value rooms will be available, and we can now change to say, value rooms for a December stay, these stays will cost less than ones already booked. Will those points that we save be allowed to be banked??? I'm a worrywart...I know, but there's no sense to change to a lesser point reservation if I can't bank the points.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I was wondering that too, Bobbi! I suspect MS will get all kinds of questions about that when the time comes!

We've already changed an AKV res from savanna to standard and also cut down a night which we used for another booking, so no worries.

We've already changed an AKV res from savanna to standard and also cut down a night which we used for another booking, so no worries.

Have you tried to bank the points? - or move the reservation to another DVC site? If you just have them in your current use year, how are they identified...DVC points or reservation points?
Thank you.
Bobbi

Just who do we talk to about this issue? If I call MS, do I talk to MS or accounting???

I just made reservations for next May and as usual, MS gave me the count of remaining vacation points. Some of my remainders are from AKV and some are from BWV, and she just lumped them together as vacation points, so I don't think we have to worry. :goodvibes

Okay, I just called MS, and it seems that the designation "reservation points" appears on our accounting sites only. The pages available to MS have them listed as "vacation points", so the MS representative I spoke to just now said she is sure it is a website issue only, since they have the correct accounting on their computers. That makes me feel a LOT better!

Have you tried to bank the points? - or move the reservation to another DVC site? If you just have them in your current use year, how are they identified...DVC points or reservation points?
Thank you.
Bobbi

We have neither banked nor moved points to another site, but we were able to get a BWV wait-list placement with no issues.

We have neither banked nor moved points to another site, but we were able to get a BWV wait-list placement with no issues.

:thumbsup2 Great!

Thank you Diane!!! I was "afraid" to call MS and ask...I didn't want to confuse anybody there.

Thank you!!!Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter