Alamo-Intermediate, Standard, Full Size Difference

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
Are these all in the same lane at MCO? I remember if I booked a lower category I still picked up a her category car.

Can anyone clarify? Can I book an intermediate, get a standard or full-size?

Thanks for any help you may provide!

Are these all in the same lane at MCO? I remember if I booked a lower category I still picked up a her category car.

Can anyone clarify? Can I book an intermediate, get a standard or full-size?

Thanks for any help you may provide!
Alamo uses the terms Midsize, Standard, and Fullsize. At MCO, there is an Midsize aisle and a Fullsize aisle, but no Standard aisle. If you rent a Midsize, you select your car from the Midsize aisle (usually described as a Hyundia Elantra or equal). If you rent a Standard car, you are directed to select from the Fullsize aisle, as is the case if you rent Fullsize (usually described as a Toyota Camry or equal). I've read that sometimes there might not be any cars on the Midsize aisle so you get directed to the Fullsize aisle, but I've not had that experience myself. I usually reserve a Standard car to take advantage of the lower cost compared to reserving Fullsize. I book through Costco and then go to the Alamo web site to link the reservation to my Alamo Insiders account so I can take advantage of Alamos's "skip the counter" service and go directly to the garage/aisle to select my rental car.

My last Alamo rental there were a number of pick-up trucks and SUVs on the fullsize aisle. I selected the only Camry, a relatively new black one with 2400 miles on it. I normally avoid black cars in Florida because they can get really hot when parked in the sun, but this was January so I figured it would be okay.

We just returned our Alamo car today and I checked what was available in the aisles I walked by. The midsized aisle had at least 3 minivans and a pickup along with sedans. The full size aisle had 1 minivan along with sedans, not sure of their size.

We had a premium crossover reserved for $341, a great price. We wanted the Infinity they advertize, but had to ask them if one was available, which it was, because she was going to give us a Jeep. It was a great car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!