Alamo or dollar??

corvair

<font color=FF99FF>Doesn't need a fancy tag
I just booked with Alamo for 263.00 with all taxes for 10 days, full size.. My dollar rate is 400.00 with kiss3 code..best I could do with dollar..Alamo is with Bj coupon... I read on a post that Alamo is a pain to check in and out...Any body have info on Alamo?? Is the counter location any good???thanks..amy

I don't know anything aout their service recently but the good thing is that they are no longer offsite. Alamo is now in the terminal building at Orlando International Airport.

I rented from Alamo on 12/23 at the airport. At 9:30 a.m., there was no line at the counter. I've read that if you arrive later in the day, there will be a line, but in talking to a skycap, he said it wasn't much worse than the Dollar line, which can be pretty long as well.

thanks...were the counter and cars close by????amy

The counter is on level 1, next to National. The cars are in the garage across the street from the terminal.

I can vouch that check-out is a pain because you have to do paperwork at the counter and then again after you choose your car (and they go very slowly in the checkout booths...at the counter, things go pretty quickly). I prefer Avis because they assign you a car, and once you're done at the counter, you simply drive away. But I would do Alamo again if I got a good price. Checking in when we return has been much quicker than checking out.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Just wondering what kind of paper work you fill out??we are a member of fastlane for dollar..I guess all the paper work is done becauce when we used dollar we just checked in and then got our car..is there something for alamo like fastlane??if so how do i get it...thanks...amy

corvair,

The equivalent of Dollar's fastlane or National's Emerald Aisle, is Alamo's Quicksilver.

According to Mousesavers:

Quicksilver is intended for business and corporate customers. However, I poked around on the Alamo web site and found that you can easily register as a "small business," which assigns you a corporate ID# and allows you to get Quicksilver membership. It's a very short form. Being a "small business" member with Alamo gives you the following benefits:

Free Quicksilver enrollment
Guaranteed year-round rates (you get a special Rate Code)
No charge for additional drivers
Unlimited mileage on round-trip rentals
Frequent traveler points
Express Return service
Leisure discounts
If you own a small business, just go to http://www.alamo.com/Services/SmallBusiness_travel.asp and sign up. You'll get the corporate ID instantly and there will be a link to sign up online for a free Quicksilver membership. You'll get your Quicksilver member ID within 5 business days by e-mail and can start using it as soon as you get the number. Your physical card is supposed to take 15 business days to arrive.

I signed up for Quicksilver as a small business member, but I haven't made my reservations yet. I was hoping to hear some positive comments about using Quicksilver first. :):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

cindala,,,thanks..i went in and signed up for small business. my DH has a small business..i tried to get in to the quicksilver site to sign up but could not get there...thanks..for info...i will keep trying....If quicksilver is as good as fastlane it will be great....thanks again...amy

Quicksilver at MCO gives you the same privilege as National's Emerald Aisle or Emerald Choice: You simply go to the garage, pick you car, and checkout at the exit booth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter