All About Fixed Weeks (RIV/CCV/AUL/VGF/POLY Charts)

As this question popped up somewhere else, I wanted to note that my Guide told me that I *could* purchase a FW (if available) at sold out resorts - specifically VGF and PVB. (He said they’ve sold one at both recently, and that the PVB was for guaranteed *bungalow* for Week 52!! Can you imagine the number of points for that?!?!). Of course FWs are still available for AUL, RIV and CCV.

I think VGF was the first resort to offer the fixed weeks and all since that time have..

But, one cant get fixed weeks at any of the older resorts if fixed weeks weren’t part of the original sales...just for others who may not know that!

Last edited:
I think VGF was the first resort to offer the fixed weeks and all since that time have..

But, one cant get fixed weeks at any of the older resorts if fixed weeks weren’t part of the original sales.
Yes, sorry, thank you for pointing that out! I meant that but clearly didn’t write it out. :-)

But, one cant get fixed weeks at any of the older resorts if fixed weeks weren’t part of the original sales...just for others who may not know that!

Actually it started with Aulani. I had heard the thought was that it would do well with the Asian market but then of course things went kapluie but they did still keep the offering for all subsequent resorts.

So for the run Disney linked weeks you can pick any day to start? So a Wednesday to Wednesday is ok? Is that just at copper creek, or can all the fixed week eligible resorts offer that?

So for the run Disney linked weeks you can pick any day to start? So a Wednesday to Wednesday is ok? Is that just at copper creek, or can all the fixed week eligible resorts offer that?

Yes, you can do Wednesday to Wednesday or any other day. MS will call before the 11 month window opens and ask which dates you want.

Only at CCV as far as I know. CCV was the first to offer it, and my guide said they weren't going to continue to for RIV.

Yes, you can do Wednesday to Wednesday or any other day. MS will call before the 11 month window opens and ask which dates you want.

Only at CCV as far as I know. CCV was the first to offer it, and my guide said they weren't going to continue to for RIV.
I wish they’d make this retroactive to all fixed weeks but I’m sure there are logistical reasons why not (weeks 48-52 could have overlap that would exceed 35%).

But for example, my fixed week runs into F&W marathon most years. Even if the limited grandfathering it to de facto race weekends, I think that’d include me.

please?

I wish they’d make this retroactive to all fixed weeks but I’m sure there are logistical reasons why not (weeks 48-52 could have overlap that would exceed 35%).

But for example, my fixed week runs into F&W marathon most years. Even if the limited grandfathering it to de facto race weekends, I think that’d include me.

please?

It's a pretty amazing deal that I think way more people could have taken advantage of if they knew about it. Even if we never participate in Wine and Dine weekend again, we get guaranteed accomodations within nearly a 2 week period at a difficult to book resort and room during a very popular time of year.

As this question popped up somewhere else, I wanted to note that my Guide told me that I *could* purchase a FW (if available) at sold out resorts - specifically VGF and PVB. (He said they’ve sold one at both recently, and that the PVB was for guaranteed *bungalow* for Week 52!! Can you imagine the number of points for that?!?!). Of course FWs are still available for AUL, RIV and CCV.

If one had an extra $93k lying around and was interested in a FW, there's a resale here:

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listings/grand-floridian/gf31023/
VGF Week 52 in a 2 bedroom standard view - 550 points at $169pp

Edit: I was curious so I had to check. For 2020 week 52, the Poly bungalow is 1259 points. Not sure about the FW chart though. Could be a couple points less 🤣

Last edited:
Which Fixed Week?
  • List of weeks for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years: Link
  • There is no right answer but typically one where you will want to travel and might be hard to book
  • Disney is a Sunday Fixed Week so you can check calendars to see what dates in the future the week would land on
  • Personally like Redweek https://www.redweek.com/calendar as you can see the next 10 years (remember Sunday)
  • RunDisney Fixed Weeks are at CCV (unconfirmed report of it being available at RIV as well)

I bought Fixed Week 44 at RIV (plus a separate 25 pt contract)! Thanks so much for all the info - it really helped my decision to buy at RIV with the incentives.

I asked my guide about getting it as a RunDisney week at RIV (wk 44 coincides with Wine & Dine half) and he said he couldn't do it. Just wanted to add that data point.

Last edited:
I bought Fixed Week 44 at RIV (plus a separate 25 pt contract)! Thanks so much for all the info - it really helped my decision to buy at RIV with the incentives.

I asked my guide about getting it as a RunDisney week at RIV (wk 44 coincides with Wine & Dine half) and he said he couldn't do it. Just wanted to add that data point.
We have a week 44 at Poly. I think it’s a great balance between what’s popular now and what will be over the next 50 yrs.

The fixed week does follow the deed. I know a couple of people on here have purchased them on the resale market. There's one listed at DVC Resale Market. Week 52 at VGF in a 2 bedroom standard view. If I had a hundred grand or so lying around, I'd go for it. 🤣

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listings/grand-floridian/gf31023/
I did see somewhere that if a RunDisney fixed week is resold, it stays a fixed week but loses the Special Event Right when sold.

Just double checking. At Copper Creek we can get Run Disney weeks that aren't Sunday-Sunday?

From what has been reported, fixed weeks for special events have some flexibility to them.

Whether they still have any is the question and you’d have to call because there is a cap on fixed weeks that can be sold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!