Okay. I am thinking about doing an AP for the first time. I read the first few posts on the thread and just want to make sure I understand it correctly. If I purchase one online it won't be activated until I am actually at Disney and go to Guest Relations and get it activated, correct? So if I don't go until December 14 of this year, and activate then, then I would have the AP until December 14 of 2019. That is how I understood the information. Is this accurate. Also, can other's in my party, if they don't have the AP still have access to the perks as long as they are with me?

Okay. I am thinking about doing an AP for the first time. I read the first few posts on the thread and just want to make sure I understand it correctly. If I purchase one online it won't be activated until I am actually at Disney and go to Guest Relations and get it activated, correct? So if I don't go until December 14 of this year, and activate then, then I would have the AP until December 14 of 2019. That is how I understood the information. Is this accurate. Also, can other's in my party, if they don't have the AP still have access to the perks as long as they are with me?

Sorry. Misread. Yes, but you have to be the one to pay at least for merchandise.

And technically the CM is not supposed to see them pay you for it.

Okay. I am thinking about doing an AP for the first time. I read the first few posts on the thread and just want to make sure I understand it correctly.
1. If I purchase one online it won't be activated until I am actually at Disney and go to Guest Relations and get it activated, correct?
2. So if I don't go until December 14 of this year, and activate then, then I would have the AP until December 14 of 2019.
3. That is how I understood the information. Is this accurate. Also, can other's in my party, if they don't have the AP still have access to the perks as long as they are with me?
1. Correct. (And, go through a park gate at some point after that.)
2. Yes. Though the end of the day on Dec. 14, 2019.
#. Yes. (Except for the AP discount on individual merchandise purchases.)

that is what I thought. Thanks11

You're welcome!

I don't think they are as strict at TS restaurants (and maybe QS restaurants too), but I wouldn't be obvious about changing money in front of the CM just in case.

Upgrading Tickets
CAUTION: The upgrade procedure info in this post is being REVISED.

The latest price revisions were on
Sun, Feb 11, 2018.

Some "Price-bridging" info below will be out-of-date until
I can explore the 2018 CHANGES to the Upgrade Info.

Cost to Upgrade:

INFO BELOW IS OUT-OF-DATE as of Sun. Feb. 11, 2018.
I am currently revising as I continue to learn more.

"Price bridging" for Upgrading Tickets has changed in some cases.
Tickets purchased from stock issued before the
price increase of Feb. 11, 2018 (this is NOT necessarily related to the date that YOU purchased your tickets)
will be bridged only to the pre-increase price that Disney sold these tickets to the public.

That means:
There are currently two different ticket upgrade scenarios:

1. To upgrade an "Old Price" Ticket:
If the ticket that you have, and want to upgrade, was purchased from an authorized ticket reseller from "old stock" or "leftover tickets" (a ticket minted BEFORE the Feb. 12 price increase,) THAT ticket will be price-bridged up to the full WDW on-line/phone-order price that was in place BEFORE Feb. 12, 2017. Even if you actually purchased your tickets after Feb. 12, if you bought
"leftover tickets" from the resellers older stock of tickets, they are considered to be tickets
minted before Feb. 12.

The on-line/phone-order price at which Disney sold these tickets to the public "before Feb. 12" will be the price subtracted from the CURRENT on-line/phone-order price of the new ticket to which you are upgrading.
That difference price will be the cost to upgrade.

2. To upgrade a "New Price" Ticket:
If the ticket that you have, and want to upgrade, was purchased from an authorized ticket reseller from "current stock" (a ticket minted AFTER the Feb. 12 price increase,) THAT ticket will be price-bridged up to the full CURRENT WDW on-line/phone-order price.
That "current price" of your original ticket will be subtracted from the CURRENT on-line/phone-order price of the new ticket to which you are upgrading.
That difference price will be the cost to upgrade.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Current Ticket Prices (as of Feb. 11, 2018) can be found on the WDW website HERE.

"Previous" Prices (Feb. 12, 2017 thru Feb. 10, 2018) archived Allears page HERE.

"Old" Prices (Feb. 28, 2016 thru Feb. 11, 2017) from archived Allears page HERE.

For the transaction of a ticket upgrade: a ticketing CM can manually raise the price of a guest's ticket that was purchased at a discount (or purchased before a WDW price increase) up to the current (that day) on-line/phone-order price of that same kind of ticket.
This procedure is often called "Price Bridging" on these boards.
Price bridging allows guests to upgrade a ticket and still "keep the savings" that they got when they bought a discounted ticket.

Price bridging is NOT done for tickets purchased "directly from Disney" (at the gates, by mail, on-line, on the phone.)

Price bridging IS done for upgrading tickets purchased from authorized WDW ticket resellers (discounters,)
Price bridging IS done for upgrading tickets purchased as part of a WDW Resort package (room -and- tickets,)
Price bridging IS done for upgrading tickets purchased at any retail Disney Store.

The best way that a guest is sure to get the correct price when upgrading a ticket
that qualifies the the "price bridge" is first "do the math" and KNOW exactly how much the ticket upgrade should cost BEFORE going to the booth to get the upgrade.

Current Ticket PRICES can be found on the WDW website HERE.

If the ticket CM offers an unexpected (incorrect) upgrade price, the guest can nicely ask the CM to "check again, please, as the price should be lower on these kind of tickets."
If that doesn't net the correct price, nicely ask to speak with a ticket supervisor.
If that doesn't net the correct price, nicely decline the upgrade, i.e., "I've decided not to do this."
Then, the guest can go to another ticket/Guest Relations booth (at a different park or other WDW ticketing location) and/or try the upgrade at a different time of day.

There is no "best location/worst location" to get a correct ticket upgrade transaction, as the skill-level, training-level, experience-level of any CMs at any particular location can change with the date, the time, and any other scheduling situation.
"Luck-of-the-draw" is fully in play, here.

-----------------------------------------------
Which discounted ticket to buy for use in an Upgrade.

Don't worry about the LENGTH of the discounted ticket intended for upgrade.
You want to do the math to see which of the tickets offer the best SAVINGS over the full on-line/phone-order price.

That way, when you do the upgrade the price-bridge will allow you to "keep the savings"
while getting to buy the AP.

The other side of this is that if the advance-purchased intended-for-upgrade discount ticket is the only ticket that you have in your MDE account, you will only be able to advance-book FP+ for the number of days on your ticket, even if your trip will be longer than that.

-----------------------------------------------

More upgrading details:

If you originally purchased stand-alone tickets directly from the WDW website or via a phone call to WDW,
or at a WDW ticket window or Guest Relations:

If you want to upgrade,
you must pay the difference between what you originally paid Disney for the original ticket,
and the current on-line/phone-order price of the ticket to which you are upgrading,
plus 6.5% tax on the difference price.

If you originally purchased stand-alone tickets from an Authorized Retailer (reseller) of WDW tickets (this DOES include purchase from The Disney Store)
If you want to upgrade, your cost will be the difference between the current on-line/phone-order price of the original ticket that you HAVE,
and the current on-line/phone-order price of the ticket that you WANT (the ticket to which you are upgrading,)

If you originally purchased WDW Resort Package tickets
(as part of a "room -and- tickets" reservation)

If you want to upgrade, your cost will be the difference between the current on-line/phone-order price of the original ticket that you HAVE,
and the current on-line/phone-order price of the ticket that you WANT (the ticket to which you are upgrading,)

(Just below is a rare situation when 2 tickets can be combined for an upgrade.)
At the Water Parks only,
if you have a 1-day water park ticket that is unused (or has been used that same day)
you can combine that ticket with a MYW ticket to add the WPF&M option to the MYW ticket,
and just pay the difference between what was paid for the water park ticket
and the current price of the MYW option (plus 6.5% tax on the difference price.)
This will not generally work if the MYW ticket is already a Hopper, as the cost to upgrade would be less than the price of a one day water park ticket, because, officially, WDW does not give refunds on tickets.
======================================

Upgrading to an Annual Pass (AP)
An upgrade to any level of Annual Pass follows basically the same rules as any other upgrade of MYW tickets.
You cannot combine the value of more than one ticket in order to upgrade to a singe new ticket or AP.

The notable exception to this is if you have both a MYW ticket and a used water park ticket,
these can be combined, along with additional money, for upgrading to a Platinum Plus AP.

If the current on-line/phone-order value of the ticket from which you want to upgrade is higher than the full price of the AP,
"officially," you would not be able to do an upgrade.
(If an exception is made, "officially," you will not receive a refund of the difference price.)

Any upgrade must be done at WDW at a location with access to the Automated Ticketing System (ATS).
Basically this is any park (including water park) ticket window or Guest Relations location,
or at the Disney Springs Guest Relations ("Welcome Center.")
The Concierge staff at the resorts are not able to handle any type of AP transaction.

Cost of Upgrading to an AP:

If you originally purchased stand-alone tickets directly from the WDW website,
or via a phone call to WDW,
or at a WDW ticket window or Guest Relations:

If you want to upgrade, your cost will be the difference between what you originally paid Disney for the original ticket,

If you originally purchased stand-alone tickets from an Authorized Retailer (reseller) of WDW tickets:

If you originally purchased WDW Resort Package tickets
(as part of a "room -and- tickets" reservation)

If you are an Annual Passholder
and you are renewing your AP within the renewal window (up to 60 days before or 30 days after your AP anniversary date)
you may upgrade a MYW ticket to the Pass using the renewal rate.
I suggest that if you want to use the value of a new, unused WDW ticket to help pay
for an AP renewal that you go to a full service Guest Relations (the Welcome Center at Disney Springs would be a good choice.)
All other upgrade rules apply, except the expiration date will be one year from the expiration date of the original AP.

If upgrading from a MYW ticket, and the MYW ticket has been partially (or fully) used,
the expiration date of the new AP will be set to one year from the date of first use of the original MYW ticket being upgraded.
If the MYW ticket has not been used, the expiration date will be one year from the date of the AP upgrade.

NOTE:
When upgrading to Annual Pass,
if the Guest's original ticket included Water Park Fun & More Option, and any part of that option was used,
then the Guest may only upgrade to the Platinum Plus AP or Premier AP.

If none of the WPF&M options were used prior to upgrading,
then the guest may choose the kind of AP (Platinum, Platinum Plus, or Premier AP)
to which the guest will be upgrading.

If the guest purchased the Memory Maker photo service, in some cases, it is possible that the Memory Maker purchase cost can be refunded -or- deducted from the cost of purchasing, or upgrading to, an AP (since APs now include the Memory Maker photo service.)

When parking at a theme park, if the guest has paid for parking and wants to purchase, or upgrade to, an AP that day,
if the guest takes the parking receipt to the booth where the AP transaction takes place, the parking cost can be refunded -or- deducted from the cost of purchasing, or upgrading to, an AP (since APs include free Theme Park parking.)

A Florida Resident who is upgrading a 3-day or 4-day ticket may do the upgrade any time within six months of the date of first use of the original ticket.
The Florida Resident will also have the option of a Weekday Select Pass or Seasonal Pass, as well as an AP, PAP or DPP.
Note that the Florida Resident six month rules do not apply if upgrading to any Annual Pass using the Monthly Payment Plan.
If the Florida Resident intends to use the Monthly Payment Plan, the upgrade may only be done within 14 days of first use.

The UK 14-day and 21-day Ultimate Tickets may be upgraded to Platinum or Platinum Plus Annual Passes.
The ATS system will give a current value in US$ which is considered the base for upgrading.
Note: If any of the minor park entries have been used, the upgrade may only be to the Platinum Plus Annual Pass.
If none of the WPF&M options were used prior to upgrading,
the guest may choose the kind of AP (Platinum or Platinum Plus Annual Pass) to which their ticket will be upgraded.
:eek::scared1: Thank you so much for keeping this updated! So I guess my previous question about upgrading my tix at the gate for a few extra days is now wrong,and I'll have to recalculate accordingly come April. Ack. I'll be watching this thread closely for a while.

:eek::scared1:
1. Thank you so much for keeping this updated!
2. So I guess my previous question about upgrading my tix at the gate for a few extra days is now wrong,and I'll have to recalculate accordingly come April. Ack.
3. I'll be watching this thread closely for a while.
1. Thanks! (Trying, anyway.)
2. Likely.
3. I'll also post a special stand-alone thread when I do get the current rules straight.

Can someone explain what you get from TicketsAtWork.com? I get emails from them all the time, and they offer Disney tickets. Lazy alert: I haven't actually looked it over, just wondering are they comparable to UCT, ParkSavers, etc.

Can someone explain what you get from TicketsAtWork.com? I get emails from them all the time, and they offer Disney tickets. Lazy alert: I haven't actually looked it over, just wondering are they comparable to UCT, ParkSavers, etc.

What you get are discounted WDW tickets.

They can be linked to your MDX account and advance FP+ can be booked in the usual way.
(Don't know, but you may be able to request that a "ticket number" can be emailed to you, if you need to link more quickly.)

Question Robo - 3 families on my MDE account. We have AP's, linked and active. Next family has tickets from Undercover Tourist. Linked and active. 3rd family ordered tickets through their employer. Received a number to be used for all three. Surprised that I was able to link the same number for all 3 people going. They do not show as active on the Magic Bands and ticket page, but are clearly linked to each family member. Will I have a problem making FP's? I don't think I've ever noticed if something was active previously. I was hoping that since they were linked to 3 people, MDE accepted the number (maybe something like a will call number for all I know). The person ordering the tickets does not have any info. Any experience with this? Or will I have to call Disney for assistance? Don't want to wait too long. FP date is next week and there are 8 of us. So making FP's may be challenging. thanks!

My SIL was given some left over park tickets by her parents. They are the plastic card type. She brought them to her TA who said that they are 5 day park hopper. She linked them into her MDE account . The tickets show up under the magic bands & cards section but when you look under reservations & tickets, it shows only one person with tickets attached. She tried calling Disney directly but was told that she would have to email in order to get help. She did send an email but I thought that was kind of odd.

Anyone have some insight or helpful advice?

My SIL was given some left over park tickets by her parents. They are the plastic card type. She brought them to her TA who said that they are 5 day park hopper. She linked them into her MDE account . The tickets show up under the magic bands & cards section but when you look under reservations & tickets, it shows only one person with tickets attached. She tried calling Disney directly but was told that she would have to email in order to get help. She did send an email but I thought that was kind of odd.

When are they going? If I had to guess, I would say it's because they're more than 60 days out from their reservation.

1. She tried calling Disney directly but was told that she would have to email in order to get help.
2. She did send an email but I thought that was kind of odd.
1. Call again, but call:
WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

2. Yes. Odd.

When are they going? If I had to guess, I would say it's because they're more than 60 days out from their reservation.

We are going May 4th so definitely over 60 days but they are not staying on site. I thought if tickets were purchased separately, you could do trial fast passes. Not that she's trying to do that but I assume they'd have to show up.

1. Call again, but call:
WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

2. Yes. Odd.

Thank you. I will send that phone number over to her. I have never heard of anyone being told they had to email because they couldn't talk about the tickets via phone. That's a first for me.

I am experiencing the same. Under Reservations and Tickets I only have 3 of my 4 family members showing up (with tickets assigned). I panicked a bit bc I bought 4 and assigned them to 4 people. However, when I go to make practice FPs, I can make them for all 4 of us, so I'm just assuming the website is glitchy as usual.

Just a thought----do the family members who are not showing up have their own MDE accounts? Have them check to see if the reservations/tickets show up. I tried to check to see if everyone's magic bands were activated, and my daughter's did not show up. That was all it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!