I have a AP, this was a ticket my husband didn't get to use in November. I have the 5 days, just wanted to add the extra to his ticket if it would be less than $20.

Hmmm.
You said 4-days in an earlier post-

It has on the back:
4-Day Park Hopper
WTS:127 05/09/2017 2582

But, I'll use the 5-day as our starting point.

Again, ignoring what YOU paid for the discounted 5-day Hopper ticket (doesn't matter.)
5-day Hopper Disney Price in 2017=$473.93
5-day Hopper Disney Price NOW=$500.55
6-day Hopper Disney Price NOW=$511.20

Difference price to upgrade from your 5-day to 6-day MIGHT be as little as $10.65.
Difference price to upgrade from your 5-day to 6-day MIGHT be as much as $37.27.

We don't yet know if guests would ALSO have to pay the
$20 up charge for buying tickets at the park gates. (We certainly hope not.)

We should know more in the next week, or so.

Last edited:
I have 4 AP.s that I bought 5 years ago.
They were for unlimited entrance
to all 4parks ( no black out dates ) free parking ,
and a discount ,,,, I was told they would never expire.

My question is " what will they give me " now and will I have to pay more to bring them
up to date ?
You can use them as APs, at no extra charge.
Same features. Just go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations to activate the AP when you’re ready.

My daughter will be traveling with a group this summer as part of Disney's Youth Program. They are staying on property and will have tickets for the length of stay that the group is there.

My son and I will be at WDW at the same time and my daughter will be coming home w/ us a day after the group is departing. Will I be able to add an extra day onto her ticket or will I have to purchase a separate one for her to bridge the day between the group's departure and ours?

My daughter will be traveling with a group this summer as part of Disney's Youth Program. They are staying on property and will have tickets for the length of stay that the group is there.

My son and I will be at WDW at the same time and my daughter will be coming home w/ us a day after the group is departing. Will I be able to add an extra day onto her ticket or will I have to purchase a separate one for her to bridge the day between the group's departure and ours?
It is very unlikely that her ticket can be upgraded.

Not sure this is the right place to ask but....
We're 16 days out and have already received our Magic Bands. We are AP holders, I recently renewed them, as they expired 2/14/2018. Earlier this week, I was wandering around in My Disney Experience and I noticed an opportunity to order more Magic Bands, under the affiliation tab, being passholders. I never noticed that before....but for grins, I picked our colors and ordered them. They are scheduled to arrive next week. Are they gonna have different info on them then Magic Bands we received a few weeks ago? Does it matter which bands we bring? Or will this shipment include bands and the little passholder clip on thingy.....??? Will we have to go to Guest Services for a new Passholder card?

Not sure this is the right place to ask but....
We're 16 days out and have already received our Magic Bands. We are AP holders, I recently renewed them, as they expired 2/14/2018. Earlier this week, I was wandering around in My Disney Experience and I noticed an opportunity to order more Magic Bands, under the affiliation tab, being passholders. I never noticed that before....but for grins, I picked our colors and ordered them. They are scheduled to arrive next week. Are they gonna have different info on them then Magic Bands we received a few weeks ago? Does it matter which bands we bring? Or will this shipment include bands and the little passholder clip on thingy.....??? Will we have to go to Guest Services for a new Passholder card?

ALL MBs under your name will be identical in what they will do at WDW.
Nothing is actually "put onto" any MB.
A MB is just used as a "key" to access all of the info (tickets, room door, FP+, etc.) that is in stored in your MDX account.
So, you can use as many MBs as you own, interchangeably, when you are at WDW.
Pick a different one every day, if you like.

Can Pop Century Concierge upgrade old tickets (add more days)? We purchased MYW tickets with our PC room reservations in 2011. Didn't activate the tickets. I had to call Disney to get them added to MDE. I have a Guest Services file number to show the CM when upgrading. I think the person I talked to said to do the upgrade "in the parks" but I'm hoping we can do it the night before.

Can Pop Century Concierge upgrade old tickets (add more days)? We purchased MYW tickets with our PC room reservations in 2011. Didn't activate the tickets. I had to call Disney to get them added to MDE. I have a Guest Services file number to show the CM when upgrading. I think the person I talked to said to do the upgrade "in the parks" but I'm hoping we can do it the night before.
You can try. Some CMs don’t know how.

Ack, I have a 1 day Epcot/AK/DHS ticket I was planning on using next week in addition to 2 days from my NE park hopper ticket. I just linked it in MDE and turns out it's for ages 3-9. Can I just pay the difference to make it an adult ticket that day? It doesn't have an expiration date on it. I was planning to use it on our arrival day for DHS should our flight get in on time. Is there a guest services outside DHS, I've only gone to one inside the park right past the turnstiles? My plans seem to always go awry. :crazy2:

Also, I have several tickets linked for each of us, aside from the guest services inside the parks, is anyone else able to prioritize them to make sure we are using the correct ones?

You can use them as APs, at no extra charge.
Same features. Just go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations to activate the AP when you’re ready.

Do you think if I wanted to upgrade a 5 year old AP ,, I could do that and would
they charge me the difference from what I paid 5 years ago , or what todays prices are.
These AP's were bought from Disney if that helps.

Thanks

Do you think if I wanted to upgrade a 5 year old AP ,

There is no need to "upgrade" a 5 year old AP.
If you bought an AP 5 years ago, and you never activated it,
you can simply go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations and activate it
and use it as a current AP at no additional charge.

Also, I have several tickets linked for each of us, aside from the guest services inside the parks, is anyone else able to prioritize them to make sure we are using the correct ones?

Downtown Disney might be able to ,, not sure though

Just a note that "Downtown Disney" is now called Disney Springs.

And yes, there is a Guest Relations at Disney Springs (called the "Welcome Center") and they can perform
all the usual GR and ticket booth functions, including prioritizing tickets in MDX accounts.

Don’t know if this has been asked in the thousands of postings before me, so forgive me if it has. I’m looking to do a last minute trip next month 23-26 March. I was planning on a buying the Gold AP, but then I noticed that 24-26 Mar is blocked out for that AP. Can I just buy a regular ticket or a salute ticket and use it for the trip and then before we go home apply the purchase amount to a gold AP as a way to get the AP but get around the block out dates?

the ones we have don't include the waterparks ,,,

so we were wanting to upgrade 2 to do that.

( just a side question ,, do we get the memory maker included since it
was not way back then ) ?

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to either of those questions.

But, since AP certificates don't expire until the end of the year 2030, I will GUESS that you will get the MM when you activate the AP.

I'm not certain what the cost would be to upgrade to the AP to the version that includes Water Parks.
(As it's not clear, as yet, how much the upgrade cost will be on regular MYW tickets purchased
prior to 2016 will be.)

Sometimes guests with APs choose to purchase the stand-alone Water Parks AP instead of upgrading their regular AP.

Last edited:
-I was planning on a buying the Gold AP, but then I noticed that 24-26 Mar is blocked out for that AP.

Can I just buy a regular ticket or a salute ticket and use it for the trip and then before we go home apply the purchase amount to a gold AP as a way to get the AP but get around the block out dates?

Yes, you can.

I am wanting to buy the current best ticket deal in order to bridge to an AP before the brokers run out of the "old" stock. Where are you currently finding the best ticket for this purpose?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!