How did you receive a 13th month free?
They offer those kind of promotions in various years for various “categories” of guests (sometimes Fl. residents, or DVC owners, or AP renewals, or sometimes... “everybody.”)

These things are totally unpredictable, and are generally very infrequent.

Last edited:
They offer those kind of promotions in various years for various “categories” of guests (sometimes Fl. residents, or DVC owners, or AP renewals, or sometimes... “everybody.”)

These things are totally unpredictable, and are generally very infrequent.
Are the promotions advertised somewhere or just luck of the draw?

Are the promotions advertised somewhere or just luck of the draw?
They wouldn't be much of a promotion if they didn't advertise them.
But, if a guest is not a member of the promotion's target group, the info is not targeted at that guest.
If the promo is for "everybody," the word is much more widely advertised.
If you frequent the DIS, you're more likely to see nearly all of those promos.

(Again, it is very infrequent to get a 13 month AP offer.)

They wouldn't be much of a promotion if they didn't advertise them.
But, if a guest is not a member of the promotion's target group, the info is not targeted at that guest.
If the promo is for "everybody," the word is much more widely advertised.
If you frequent the DIS, you're more likely to see nearly all of those promos.

(Again, it is very infrequent to get a 13 month AP offer.)
Thanks Robo! I want to buy my family AP's for 2 trips in one year. I want them basically a year apart, so 13 months would be awesome!

I have a one day ticket to HS for Opening Day of TSL (6/30). Made my fast passes.

I have a two day PH ticket for my trip 7/23-7/24. Made my fast passes.

Question- can I reassign my 2 day ticket to my phantom kids in MDE and NOT lose my fast passes? I'm so afraid that if I were to reassign, I would lose my fast passes.

If I can't reassign the tickets can I go to Guest Relations at Disney Springs to prioritize the tickets? I will have to get creative because the 6/30 trip is a surprise for my daughter and she will be with me at Disney Springs on 6/22.

Normally I wouldn't care and would just go to Guest Relations but I know 6/30 will be crazy at HS.

Thank you so much in advance.

Good morning,

I have an unused 5 day PH that I am interested in upgrading. I bought the ticket directly from Disney at a ticket booth on a previous trip.
From what I understand, I will have to do this in person at WDW.

So, the downside of this is that I would only be able to make 5 days of FPs at the 60 day mark, right? Thank you.

Good morning,

I have an unused 5 day PH that I am interested in upgrading. I bought the ticket directly from Disney at a ticket booth on a previous trip.
1. From what I understand, I will have to do this in person at WDW.

2. So, the downside of this is that I would only be able to make 5 days of FPs at the 60 day mark, right? Thank you.
1. Generally correct.
But, you can try calling and ask nicely.
WDW Ticketing
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

2. Correct, if you cannot get the ticket upgraded beforehand.

I have a one day ticket to HS for Opening Day of TSL (6/30). Made my fast passes.

I have a two day PH ticket for my trip 7/23-7/24. Made my fast passes.

Question- can I reassign my 2 day ticket to my phantom kids in MDE and NOT lose my fast passes? I'm so afraid that if I were to reassign, I would lose my fast passes.

If I can't reassign the tickets can I go to Guest Relations at Disney Springs to prioritize the tickets? I will have to get creative because the 6/30 trip is a surprise for my daughter and she will be with me at Disney Springs on 6/22.

Normally I wouldn't care and would just go to Guest Relations but I know 6/30 will be crazy at HS.

Thank you so much in advance.
This is really a FP+ question.
But, here's what I can piece together...
If YOUR FPs are under YOUR name, and you transfer some of YOUR tickets to another account,
you will lose the FPs in YOUR account that were booked using the tickets that you have transferred away from you.

You absolutely CAN go to Guest Relations before you enter a park on your first trip and have
the priority set for any and all of YOUR tickets.
That way, no FPs will be lost.

Sorry if this is a silly question. If we activate our AP's on May 10, 2019, does it expire on May 11, 2020? Is May 11, 2020 the last day we can enter a park using the AP's?

Sorry if this is a silly question. If we activate our AP's on May 10, 2019, does it expire on May 11, 2020? Is May 11, 2020 the last day we can enter a park using the AP's?
May 10, 2020 will be the last valid day of use.

Why would you think asking about AP expiration would be a “silly question?”
It is, in fact, one of THE most-asked (and misunderstood) issues regarding APs.

Last edited:
May 10, 2020 will be the last valid day of use.

Why would you think asking about AP expiration would be a “silly question?”
It is, in fact, one of THE most-asked (and misunderstood) issues regarding APs.
Thanks, Robo! I've never had an AP and never planned 2 trips at the same time and I would hate to mess it up for the second trip in 2020.

Will I be able to add my tickets to the magic bands after I get the bands or do I have to add them before they mail them to me? It says I have 6 days left, I guess that means before they mail them. It's my first trip with magic bands.

Will I be able to add my tickets to the magic bands after I get the bands or do I have to add them before they mail them to me? It says I have 6 days left, I guess that means before they mail them. It's my first trip with magic bands.

No tickets (or ANYTHING, really) are ever "added to" any MagicBand.

Just to keep things as clear as possible-

There is no reservation info, or ticket info, or credit card info, or FP+ info "put onto" a MagicBand.
A MagicBand only contains a unique serial number that is used to access the information that is stored in a guest's MyDisneyExperience file.
When the MagicBand is touched to a "Mickey Head Reader,"
the MB's serial number is read and that number creates a an instant connection to the the guest's MDE account info.
The MagicBand works like the combination to a locked safe, or a key to a locked door.
The MB, itself, is not the container of the ticket or FastPass, or Room key number, etc.
The MB just unlocks the guest's file of info, allowing it to be accessed from her/his MDX account when needed.

So... WHENEVER you get new tickets or add a day or change to AP, etc.
the change will be made in your MDX account and any MB you have will be able to access
that change, immediately.

No tickets (or ANYTHING, really) are ever "added to" any MagicBand.

Just to keep things as clear as possible-

There is no reservation info, or ticket info, or credit card info, or FP+ info "put onto" a MagicBand.
A MagicBand only contains a unique serial number that is used to access the information that is stored in a guest's MyDisneyExperience file.
When the MagicBand is touched to a "Mickey Head Reader,"
the MB's serial number is read and that number creates a an instant connection to the the guest's MDE account info.
The MagicBand works like the combination to a locked safe, or a key to a locked door.
The MB, itself, is not the container of the ticket or FastPass, or Room key number, etc.
The MB just unlocks the guest's file of info, allowing it to be accessed from her/his MDX account when needed.

So... WHENEVER you get new tickets or add a day or change to AP, etc.
the change will be made in your MDX account and any MB you have will be able to access
that change, immediately.
Thank you, I had no idea!

This is really a FP+ question.
But, here's what I can piece together...
If YOUR FPs are under YOUR name, and you transfer some of YOUR tickets to another account,
you will lose the FPs in YOUR account that were booked using the tickets that you have transferred away from you.

You absolutely CAN go to Guest Relations before you enter a park on your first trip and have
the priority set for any and all of YOUR tickets.
That way, no FPs will be lost.
Thank you Robo- Guest Services it is!

Am I able to make fastpasses with an unactivated AP? If not, I'll purchase the amount of days I'll need and upgrade once there.

I have searched this thread but I didn't find an answer to my question. I have 7-day park hopper tickets in my free dining package for a trip coming up in December. I want to upgrade those park hoppers to APs when we arrive so that we can take advantage of the photo downloads and also because we have another off-site trip planned for April. Can I upgrade the 7-day park hoppers to AP and still keep the free dining part of the package?

Thanks for sharing your amazing wisdom wisdom with us.

I have searched this thread but I didn't find an answer to my question. I have 7-day park hopper tickets in my free dining package for a trip coming up in December. I want to upgrade those park hoppers to APs when we arrive so that we can take advantage of the photo downloads and also because we have another off-site trip planned for April. Can I upgrade the 7-day park hoppers to AP and still keep the free dining part of the package?

Yes. The computer system that deals with tickets doesn't even "see" your dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter