I'm unsure if this has been asked elsewhere, but here goes. We are interested in purchasing the Florida Resident Weekday Select Passes for this fall. I know with any Florida Resident pass that my family needs to bring proof of residency, and that is fine. How will we get our Magic Bands, though? Will they be mailed to us ahead of time? Do we pick them up at Guest Services. My kids definitely want the bands, but I am not sure what the process is since there is the extra layer of verification for residents.

I'm unsure if this has been asked elsewhere, but here goes. We are interested in purchasing the Florida Resident Weekday Select Passes for this fall. I know with any Florida Resident pass that my family needs to bring proof of residency, and that is fine. How will we get our Magic Bands, though? Will they be mailed to us ahead of time? Do we pick them up at Guest Services. My kids definitely want the bands, but I am not sure what the process is since there is the extra layer of verification for residents.

In general, AP MB's are mailed to new AP holders AFTER they have returned home from WDW following their first visit to WDW on which they bought the new AP. After that first trip, those guest's MDX account will have a notice to "customize" (pick the color and name to be put onto the MB) their MBs and after doing so, the MBs
will be mailed to the owners of the new APs.
(During the first trip when the APs are purchased, guests use the regular AP card, like in the past.)

However, it has been reported that guests can go to the Frontierland ticket center in MK during that first trip and pick up MBs at that location.
If guests choose to do that, their new MBs will not have the guest's name on them, but the bands will work just fine.

:welcome: to posting (at long last) on the Disboards, vindwyn.

Last edited:
I just became a Florida resident and I am wondering if it is worth it to become a AAA member to get the discount on the Platinum Annual Pass. Does anyone know the price AAA offers for Platinum? The only thing I can find on their site is "Starting at $643.99" and I am not sure what that means, other than it being significantly cheaper than if I purchased the Florida Resident pass directly through Disney.

I just became a Florida resident and I am wondering if it is worth it to become a AAA member to get the discount on the Platinum Annual Pass. Does anyone know the price AAA offers for Platinum? The only thing I can find on their site is "Starting at $643.99" and I am not sure what that means, other than it being significantly cheaper than if I purchased the Florida Resident pass directly through Disney.

Just look up the listing for WDW tickets on the "AAA South" website.

https://autoclubsouth.aaa.com/

AAA South is the division of the Auto Club that serves the Florida area.

(You need to enter a zip code that is in the "South" coverage area in order to access
the correct site.)

Just look up the listing for WDW tickets on the "AAA South" website.

https://autoclubsouth.aaa.com/

AAA South is the division of the Auto Club that serves the Florida area.

(You need to enter a zip code that is in the "South" coverage area in order to access
the correct site.)

EDIT - The $643.99 is for a kids ticket. Sorry! For those who may be wondering in the future, you actually spend $34 more dollars than you would if you bought it directly from Disney.

Thanks, I've done that which is where my confusion comes in. The cost to join AAA is $66.00, but according to the site (https://autoclubsouth.aaa.com/travel/disney-annual-pass.aspx) the Platinum pass is $643.99 before tax for Florida residents, which compared to Disney ($729.00 before tax) is significantly cheaper.

So, with tax, AAA is $685.84 + $66.00 = $751.84
Disney with tax is $776.39, which is a $25 difference.

In addition with AAA I would have the benefits of their services too, so I would be getting a membership plus an annual pass for cheaper than just the annual pass directly from Disney.

This seems too good to be true, which is why I was wondering if any AAA member in Florida could tell me if the price listed on their site for Platinum is accurate.

Last edited:
In general, AP MB's are mailed to new AP holders AFTER they have returned home from WDW following their first visit to WDW on which they bought the new AP. After that first trip, those guest's MDX account will have a notice to "customize" (pick the color and name to be put onto the MB) their MBs and after doing so, the MBs
will be mailed to the owners of the new APs.
(During the first trip when the APs are purchased, guests use the regular AP card, like in the past.)

However, it has been reported that guests can go to the Frontierland ticket center in MK during that first trip and pick up MBs at that location.
If guests choose to do that, their new MBs will not have the guest's name on them, but the bands will work just fine.

:welcome: to posting (at long last) on the Disboards, vindwyn.

Ok. That’s good to know. Would the bands at Frontierland have color choices, or would they be the default gray bands?

I’ve talked up the Magic Bands to the kids, and they each have a color in mind.

Could I just order and pay for the bands myself ahead of time and have them linked once we arrive? I’m just weighing my options.

Ok. That’s good to know.
1. Would the bands at Frontierland have color choices, or would they be the default gray bands?

I’ve talked up the Magic Bands to the kids, and they each have a color in mind.

2. Could I just order and pay for the bands myself ahead of time and have them linked once we arrive? I’m just weighing my options.
1. There should be color choices, but maybe not all colors at all times.
2. Yes.

If I purchase a Gold AP today from DVC, does that make me eligible for the Exclusive Access to Toy Story Land the WDW is promoting for this September?

What's the expiration date for the special promo DVC APs that we purchased in Dec. 2017(promo ended 1/3/18)?!
We aren't going to be able to use them in Sept. 2018, afterall.
Will they expire on us on 12/31/2018?!
Or do we have that 2030 expiration date?
They were purchased over the phone with DVC Member Services,
and are linked to MDX.
Thanks !

What's the expiration date for the special promo DVC APs that we purchased in Dec. 2017(promo ended 1/3/18)?!
and are linked to MDX.
Thanks !

Magic Your Way tickets purchased in Dec. 2017 are due to expire Dec. 31, 2018.
However, I don't know if your promotional tickets expire at that same date.

Do this:
Log onto your MDX account using your phone app and check your tickets.
That may reveal their expiration date.

Thanks Robo! MDX shows that they are good until 12-31-2030!
I had no hope until I read your postings on the various ticket types!
DVC MS told me they expired @ the end of 2018(@ the time I purchased them).
Thanks again!

Okay, so I quickly went through the first posts about tickets, and did not see this information, but I am sure it has been asked many times, and I am sorry in advance for the repetition. My family has been going to WDW since 1992, and has always purchased the Park Hopper with Water Parks and More tickets. We always had unused water parks on the tickets, and maybe even a day that we did not use. Can you guys please tell me when the MYW tickets started with the automatic expiration dates, or when you had to pay more for tickets that did not expire? I would love to know what options, or days that we have left on our old tickets. Is there a number that I can call to get the information, as opposed to actually visiting the parks to get the info? We only visit every 2-3 years, and I would like to know what is still left prior to our next visit.

Thank you!!

1. Can you guys please tell me when the MYW tickets started with the automatic expiration dates, or when you had to pay more for tickets that did not expire? I would love to know what options, or days that we have left on our old tickets.

2. Is there a number that I can call to get the information, as opposed to actually visiting the parks to get the info?

1. Jan. 2, 2005.

2. Try WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

and are linked to MDX.
Thanks !

We have some of these too and are still trying figure out our plans for this year & next. Ours show that they expire 12/31/30 also, but my biggest concern is these were a special promotion for DVC members and the terms stated the APs had to be activated by 12/31/18. If we don't activate them by 12/31/18 and the money just stays there to use at a later date we are fine with that. I might try to give ticketing a call today or tomorrow to see if they can give us an answer.

We have some of these too and are still trying figure out our plans for this year & next. Ours show that they expire 12/31/30 also, but my biggest concern is these were a special promotion for DVC members and the terms stated the APs had to be activated by 12/31/18. If we don't activate them by 12/31/18 and the money just stays there to use at a later date we are fine with that. I might try to give ticketing a call today or tomorrow to see if they can give us an answer.

Florida statute states that paid park admissions can't just "expire" without guest value.
The value will be retained.

Florida statute states that paid park admissions can't just "expire" without guest value.
The value will be retained.

Awesome! That's what I figured would happen but was not totally sure. Thanks for the info Robo!

If I purchase a Gold AP today from DVC, does that make me eligible for the Exclusive Access to Toy Story Land the WDW is promoting for this September?
I don’t know, for sure, it I don’t see why it wouldn’t.

Hi! I have an unusual situation. Using point form here for ease of reading (sorry for the length)...I am looking to find a solution based on the following:

- Background: We are members of a points rewards type program. The company offers Disney tickets on their website and people can redeem points for set types of tickets (base tickets of 5 or 7 days).

- However, we requested to redeem a large amount of reward points for different, more specific types of tickets so that we would not have to upgrade at the park and could book fastpasses for an additional day in advance and add Hoppers (if you have a certain number of points you can request points quotes for items not listed in the catalogue).

- They asked for our shipping address so we assumed they would send us physical tickets.

- Yesterday, we received an email forwarded by them from Disney - to their email address - that the tickets were available at the gate.

- We asked for them to send us the tickets as we need the numbers and were again told to pick up at the gate. I replied that I needed ticket numbers.

- While waiting to hear back, I read that we could maybe link the confirmation number to our account for "will call" tickets, but when I tried that, it said they were linked to an account already.

- I think that this company created a personal account to buy the tickets!

- Is there anyway to assign the tickets to our family's My Disney Experience now that they did this thing?

The email from Disney even indicates that the original payment method and ID are needed to pick up any tickets that aren't linked, which we clearly can't do, so I have no idea why they did not contact us to advise how they were obtaining the tickets as I would have told them that this would not work.

If someone knows of any way it can be corrected so we can link the tickets, can you please advise? Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter