So I don't lose it entirely, just have to pay the difference. Good because my next trip isn't until February!! Thank you as always Robo for your wealth of knowledge!!

So I don't lose it entirely, just have to pay the difference. Good because my next trip isn't until February!!

However, you likely won't be able to book FPs in advance of your trip, if you only have an "expired ticket" (during the dates of your upcoming trip)
in your MDX account.

(We don't know this, for sure, as none of these kind of tickets have yet expired.)

Maybe I will try to book them prior to the expiration date. I expect to stay on site so my 60 day window will be open prior to the tickets expiration date. Once on my MDE, I think they will stay there no matter what happens with the ticket. I will report back!!

Maybe I will try to book them prior to the expiration date. I expect to stay on site so my 60 day window will be open prior to the tickets expiration date. Once on my MDE, I think they will stay there no matter what happens with the ticket. I will report back!!

As far as I know...
It doesn't matter if your tickets are valid on dates during the time BEFORE your trip.
The tickets need to be valid on and during the dates OF your trip, when you will be USING those FPs.

This is the case for guests with active APs that are currently still active on dates BEFORE their upcoming trip, but they cannot book FPs in advance FOR USE on dates when they will be at WDW which come AFTER their current AP is expired.

Oh now I get it. So could I do exchange for a new ticket prior to my arrival? Or does it have to be in person? If so, could DD who lives down there do it for me? OR I could just make FPs for DD and DGS (who's ticket will have to be purchased anyway) and not worry about me.

There are some discounted tickets that are not price-bridged due to their highly-discounted price.
Regardless, DID you purchase these tickets directly from a Disney ticket booth at WDW?

No. We ordered them by fax and they were mailed from "Disney Destinations".

I want to buy 4 AP's and use Disney gift cards to make the purchase. My question is, can I purchase each AP as an individual transaction so it makes it a bit simpler with the gift cards or is it best to buy all 4 at the same time? Is there any difference?

I want to buy 4 AP's and use Disney gift cards to make the purchase. My question is,
1. can I purchase each AP as an individual transaction so it makes it a bit simpler with the gift cards or
2. is it best to buy all 4 at the same time?
3. Is there any difference?

1. Sure.
2. No reason that would be necessary.
3. Nope.

No. We ordered them by fax and they were mailed from "Disney Destinations".

AFAIK, if "Disney Destinations" is part of DVC resorts, I think that the tickets they sell are NOT considered as buying "directly from Disney."

I know that if you buy your tickets as part of a Disney Resort package, THOSE tickets are NOT considered as buying "directly from Disney,"
and are eligible for "price bridging" when being upgraded.

Oh now I get it.
1. So could I do exchange for a new ticket prior to my arrival?
2. Or does it have to be in person?
3. If so, could DD who lives down there do it for me?
4. OR I could just make FPs for DD and DGS (who's ticket will have to be purchased anyway) and not worry about me.
1. Nobody knows.
2. I'd say, that's "likely" the case.
3. Yes.
4. Booking FPs in advance is much preferable to waiting until day-of (or nearly day-of.)
(I don't LIKE it that way, but that's the way Disney has rearranged trip priorities.)

Last edited:
Thanks Robo, as long as DGS and 1 adult can get FPs at 60 days we are good. Neither DD nor I really care much about the rides as we go a lot. DGS is (always!) the important one. As long as we have the ones he wants with 1 of us to go on with him. We can try to get single FPs to line up if possible when we get there.

Just a bit of fyi. I bought our tickets weeks ago thru my employers perksatwork program that got us significant discounts on our 3 tickets. Well I decided to upgrade my 10 day base to an AP and yesterday I called Disney to see if at all possible to upgrade to AP over the phone. Took some time and the CM did some checking...she was awesome ..and got my ticket upgraded. Gave me a confirmarion # and when I checked my MDE my AP was already linked. They credited me the full rack rate too.

Another poster on a different thread posted how they upgraded an UT 5 day to an 8 day over the phone as well. So maybe this is the new norm?

I am so happy its done and I don't have to hassle with it when we get there. Just gotta go to will call. Yeah!!

Just a bit of fyi. I bought our tickets weeks ago thru my employers perksatwork program that got us significant discounts on our 3 tickets. Well I decided to upgrade my 10 day base to an AP and yesterday I called Disney to see if at all possible to upgrade to AP over the phone. Took some time and the CM did some checking...she was awesome ..and got my ticket upgraded. Gave me a confirmarion # and when I checked my MDE my AP was already linked. They credited me the full rack rate too.

Another poster on a different thread posted how they upgraded an UT 5 day to an 8 day over the phone as well. So maybe this is the new norm?

I am so happy its done and I don't have to hassle with it when we get there. Just gotta go to will call. Yeah!!

WOW this is great info. I keep putting off the ticket upgrade because I don't feel like dealing with it in person. Thanks for sharing.

Only thing I wish is that I could get my AP magicband before our trip. But i was told I have to wait unril we get there and I start using my AP.

Hello Ticket Experts! I hope you can put my mind at ease or help me resolve my question. I have 10 day MYW tickets that I purchased as a package with my onsite hotel reservation and I have a question on when they activate. We are arrive to our resort the evening of Jan 27, 2018 and won't go to our first park until Jan 28. During my planning, I've counted the first day as Jan 28 and the 10th day as Feb 6. We will be leaving early evening of Feb 7 and won't be going to a park that day either. I was assuming the 10 days of park days would be Jan 28 - Feb 6. I am now coming to the realization that those park tickets may activate Jan 27 and only be good through Feb 5. Will I need to buy another day of tickets or am I safe with day 1 being Jan 28?? Or do I not have an issue since I have 14 days to use them and we will have rest days (no park days) in between?

Many thanks in advance for your help!!

Hello Ticket Experts! I hope you can put my mind at ease or help me resolve my question. I have 10 day MYW tickets that I purchased as a package with my onsite hotel reservation and I have a question on when they activate. We are arrive to our resort the evening of Jan 27, 2018 and won't go to our first park until Jan 28. During my planning, I've counted the first day as Jan 28 and the 10th day as Feb 6. We will be leaving early evening of Feb 7 and won't be going to a park that day either. I was assuming the 10 days of park days would be Jan 28 - Feb 6. I am now coming to the realization that those park tickets may activate Jan 27 and only be good through Feb 5. Will I need to buy another day of tickets or am I safe with day 1 being Jan 28?? Or do I not have an issue since I have 14 days to use them and we will have rest days (no park days) in between?

Many thanks in advance for your help!!
Your tickets dont activate until your first scan at the parks. Starting with that day you have 14 days to use your 10 day allotment...which does not have to be consecutive. You will be good to go with your dates.

Thank you for the response! I had a moment of panic and you have eased my mind :)
No problem! I wanted to ask...how many days do u plan on being at the parks? If you have rest days in between, you won't be there all of the 10 days. It is not a huge difference going with a 7 day vs a 10 day but every penny counts.

I am considering buying our tickets through my daughters employer using Tickets at Work. If anybody has used this I was wondering if its better to use the e ticket option or have the hard ticket delivered. I think I would feel better to have the ticket in my hand and I do have time before I need to do my fast passes. E ticket would be convenient, but I don't know if there has been any issues linking these. We are staying onsite and have magic bands, so I shouldn't need to pick up a hard ticket when we arrive. I don't really know anything about doing it this way, I just heard about this, so any opinions would be helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!