All April trips are now cancelled

Will be interesting to see what happens to Vietnam trips as they ceased visa issuance worldwide, as of today, March 17, 2020. Since you need to get your own visa to go here, starting this trip might be challenging for those without visas already.

Also so much quarantining going on upon arrival for some countries will make it difficult to start trips again anytime soon.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Vietnam trips as they ceased visa issuance worldwide, as of today, March 17, 2020. Since you need to get your own visa to go here, starting this trip might be challenging for those without visas already.

Also so much quarantining going on upon arrival for some countries will make it difficult to start trips again anytime soon.
Vietnam trips are cancelled through May 2020. Found this on Chip & Co. this morning

In an abundance of caution and in the best interest of Guests and Guides, Adventures by Disney has decided to suspend new departures through the end of April.

Additionally, based on updated travel guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it is also necessary to cancel the following adventures:

• Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos departures through May
  • Italy departures through May
  • Italy and Amalfi Coast departures through May
  • Japan departures through May
  • China departures through June

Vietnam trips are cancelled through May 2020. Found this on Chip & Co. this morning

In an abundance of caution and in the best interest of Guests and Guides, Adventures by Disney has decided to suspend new departures through the end of April.

Additionally, based on updated travel guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it is also necessary to cancel the following adventures:

• Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos departures through May
  • Italy departures through May
  • Italy and Amalfi Coast departures through May
  • Japan departures through May
  • China departures through June
Yes, this is on ABD's website, also.

Tobi

Well US has over 50k cases does that mean all US tours cancelled through June also? So much quarantining by countries upon arrival going on that it will be hard to predict what trips can go or not. Also will other counties ban US? It will be interesting if countries will have less cases than US and how it will affect travel this year.

Well US has over 50k cases does that mean all US tours cancelled through June also? So much quarantining by countries upon arrival going on that it will be hard to predict what trips can go or not. Also will other counties ban US? It will be interesting if countries will have less cases than US and how it will affect travel this year.
Absolutely, so many questions. I'm in Canada and our number of cases are lower (for now) and I wondered the same about my government letting people travel outside of our country for a while. This is such a mess!
We are a few days away from postponing our wedding (June 6 2020) to June 2021. Our ABD is our honeymoon and this is bumming me out :(

The "abundance of caution" language is really angering me. Disney used the same language in the RunDisney cancellation and frankly there is nothing cautious about how they've handled this mess. The fact that the resorts are still technically only closed down until the end of the month is a joke. They waited a long time to shut down the cruises, too. Basically, go down the line of the different Disney divisions and it has all been too late. I've lost all faith in Disney even pretending to put its customers before profits. They have acted far worse than other companies. With their brand they should have been at the forefront of "caution" rather than reacting after other companies and/or when they were forced by governor shut downs. Serious bad taste in my mouth about Disney right now.

All April trips are now cancelled. They are in the process of making calls. It also includes domestic trips.
They are offering to rebook or get a refund
A full refund? Are they helping with flight fees?

The "abundance of caution" language is really angering me.
I read that phrase in just about every email I get from every other company about the current situation. Its not just Disney that uses it.

RunDisney's customer service is in a classification to itself. It makes every other company look stellar in comparison...it's a category below even the worst of the worst. >:(
Yep, I was one of those affected by the Light Side cluster@*&^ a couple years ago. They literally held on to our money for around a year (@Calfan might remember the exact amount of time) since we'd signed up early even though they knew for months it wasn't going to go.

My annoyance with the "Abundance of Caution" language as used by Disney is that it is clearly NOT an A of C. I'd thought about compiling a list of all the ridiculousness from ABD not cancelling the London/Paris and Australia trips until guests were already on route, to DCL still not cancelling cruises that are obviously not going (i.e. Alaska cruises with Canada shutting all ports until July 1) even though other cruise lines (Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, etc.) have already canceled through mid-May (DCL only through 4/12 currently and they didn't cancel those until last minute), the Disney parks and hotels still not announcing closing beyond March 31 (4 days!) even though the governor of CA has shut down the state beyond that, and Orange County in FL has already come out to clarify (as Disney hasn't done so) that WDW is included in the shut down that goes to at least April 9th https://www.orlandosentinel.com/cor...0200326-zth6hapgp5cg5aywamfhaki7rq-story.html. This is crazy. Let's put this in perspective: 2/3 of the country (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-stay-at-home-order.html) is in lock down right now, and Disney hasn't said their parks and resorts aren't opening in 4 days.

Yep, I was one of those affected by the Light Side cluster@*&^ a couple years ago. They literally held on to our money for around a year (@Calfan might remember the exact amount of time) since we'd signed up early even though they knew for months it wasn't going to go.

My annoyance with the "Abundance of Caution" language as used by Disney is that it is clearly NOT an A of C. I'd thought about compiling a list of all the ridiculousness from ABD not cancelling the London/Paris and Australia trips until guests were already on route, to DCL still not cancelling cruises that are obviously not going (i.e. Alaska cruises with Canada shutting all ports until July 1) even though other cruise lines (Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, etc.) have already canceled through mid-May (DCL only through 4/12 currently and they didn't cancel those until last minute), the Disney parks and hotels still not announcing closing beyond March 31 (4 days!) even though the governor of CA has shut down the state beyond that, and Orange County in FL has already come out to clarify (as Disney hasn't done so) that WDW is included in the shut down that goes to at least April 9th https://www.orlandosentinel.com/cor...0200326-zth6hapgp5cg5aywamfhaki7rq-story.html. This is crazy. Let's put this in perspective: 2/3 of the country (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-stay-at-home-order.html) is in lock down right now, and Disney hasn't said their parks and resorts aren't opening in 4 days.

Disney's actions thus far with COVID, specifically ABD's actions, have been the exact opposite of abundance of caution. Ask those poor folks that flew to Australia or to London (like we almost did) how cautious Disney was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!