All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

Just booked direct flights from Halifax to Orlando, this is our 4th year flying Air Transat, we love their early morning departure from Halifax along with their service. This will also be our 5th year at Bonnet Creek Resort, it is like a second home to us now LOL.

We are In Halifax. We've been to Disney twice. My girls 10 and 12 are starting to prefer Universal. We were there for the second time in March and stayed at Hard Rock and Cabana Bay. We are going again for a week before school starts and staying at Royal Pacific. I've never been to Florida in August. Trying to mentally prepare for extreme heat and afternoon rain. I started with buying a box of disposable rain ponchos! Since we were there in March, I feel we can take the time and relax around the pool in the afternoon and do the parks early in the morning with our Express Passes.

Hello :) I have booked an Airmiles flight which is rather horrible... but it had to be done. I am wondering about the logostics of my flight.

It is Halifax-Ottawa-Toronto-Orlando. I know I have to go through Customs in Toronto. After I check my luggage in Halifax, do I have to pick my luggage up in Ottawa and Toronto? Has anyone else flown this route... is it as awful as I imagine?

Thanks!

Hello :) I have booked an Airmiles flight which is rather horrible... but it had to be done. I am wondering about the logostics of my flight.

It is Halifax-Ottawa-Toronto-Orlando. I know I have to go through Customs in Toronto. After I check my luggage in Halifax, do I have to pick my luggage up in Ottawa and Toronto? Has anyone else flown this route... is it as awful as I imagine?

Thanks!
What airline are you using? That seems to make a difference. With Westjet unfortunately you will have to pick up your luggage in Toronto and re-check it. I guess it's so they can match each bag with a specific person. Or maybe it has to do with the terminal you fly into and out of, not sure. Here is an interactive guide to what happens. http://www.torontopearson.com/Connecting.aspx#

Hello All, This group is not very talkative these days. I hope many people have plans to visit WDW in the next few months. I just want to inform people about connecting to U.S. destinations in Toronto using Air Canada. They have changed the way to U.S. preclearance. This was changed temporarily over the summer and now is in it permanent location. You used to exit the secure area and go up an escalator. You do not exit the secure area now. You go to where there is an Air Canada service counter. It is not far from where you exit the secure area to go to baggage claim. If you get to that exit door do not exit. Just turn around and look for the sign directing you. It has a nice big U.S. flag on the sign and the sign is pretty big. At the Air Canada service counter you go up an escalator and head for preclearance. Once you get there you now do security first and immigration 2nd. There are nexus lines for security and of course immigration. You still end up in the same area but a different route to get there. I hope that is written clearly. Tough giving directions. Best wishes with your travel plans and I hope you get to WDW real soon. We will be there mid March and there is much new to see.

By the way if you are using an airline other than A.C. these instructions will not matter to you.

Our plans have now been finalized. Flying with airmiles and was happy to get WestJet this time. Flying Moncton-toronto-orlando. May 9-18. Staying @ Caribbean Beach Resort (it's a surprise for my wife, she thinks we're staying at POP). Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary !

3 weeks from today we are on the way to Hawaii for some vacation and a convention being held at Aulani. 15 nights in total and 8 at Aulani. We stayed at Aulani 3 years ago in 1 bedroom using DVC. It was very nice. Aulani has the nicest BBQs I have ever seen. Never thought I would ever BBQ in Hawaii. This time it is DVC studio for 4 nights and a regular hotel room for 4 nights during the convention. Looking forward to it. Only been to Hawaii once before. It is very nice with great weather and Aulani is a beautiful place to stay. Group includes wife, both daughters, son in law and grandson, will be 4 months old then. Daughter got engaged at Aulani the previous trip.
Will be going to WDW in March. Looking forward to getting another annual pass. Twelve night trip with 7 nights in studios using DVC at Old key West and Bay Lake Towers. Love OKW but thought we would do something a little different this time so BLT for 3 nights. Takes too many points but lets give it a try. Then attending convention at Coronodo Springs for 5 nights. The 2 trips combined add up to 4 weeks. That is 4 weeks out of winter. Sounds lovely.
By the way, if you do not follow Davids DVC rentals you might consider it. They rent point out to people. I think the normal price is $14 per point but a couple of days ago they had 250 point to rent out for $9. They had to be used in January though. That meant a night at OKW that takes 10 points was $90 U.S.. Pretty good deal if you could make it work for you. I hope you all have plans and if you do I hope you have a good time. All the best in 2017

First time for me and my husband. We'll be driving down with my parents from NB (planning to drive about 8 hours a day for 3 days). My parents have been once, back in the 70's so lots has changed. We're really looking forward to it!
Hello, I have not driven down in a very long time but are you sure you can make it in 24 hours of driving.

Hello, I have not driven down in a very long time but are you sure you can make it in 24 hours of driving.
We should be able to. The amount of KM calculated to about 24 hours. I know traffic could be an issue but we are giving ourselves lots of time to get there and back so even if it takes a bit longer we should be good :)

Not a bad fare if you don't mind connections .... DELTA

Tue, Mar 28

12:40 PM – 1:30 PM Halifax (YHZ) – Boston (BOS)

1h 50m Layover in Boston BOS3h 50m

5:20 PM – 8:29 PM Boston (BOS) – Atlanta (ATL) 3h 09m

Layover in Atlanta ATL37m

9:06 PM – 10:41 PM Atlanta (ATL) – Orlando, Florida (MCO)

Wed, Apr 5

7:20 AM – 8:58 AM Orlando, Florida (MCO) – Atlanta (ATL)

1h 38m Layover in Atlanta ATL2h 17m

11:15 AM – 1:50 PM Atlanta (ATL) – Boston (BOS)

2h 35m Layover in Boston BOS2h 45m

4:35 PM – 7:13 PM Boston (BOS) – Halifax (YHZ)

Total (4 passengers) C$ 1,111 CAD

Hello, we returned from Hawaii a little over a week ago. Tough weather in New Brunswick these days. Just a little report on Aulani. We stayed a few days then went to a home rented for a week and then back to Aulani for a convention and stayed a couple days extra. 8 nights at Aulani in total. It really is fabulous. The rooms, the lobby, the grounds, the pools. the service, the food, are all great. This is a wonderful place to spend some time. The only negative I would say relates only to the choice of restaurants. The resort restaurants are not many, one high end and one buffet. There is a cafe type of location that has a few tables outside or you take it to your room or table by the pool. If you were staying a week one high end and one expensive buffet can be a problem. There are some restaurants across the street to use for options. The weather was fabulous of course. Nice trip and now look forward to WDW on March 13 for 12 nights. Hope you all have plans to get away.

Hello, we returned from Hawaii a little over a week ago. Tough weather in New Brunswick these days. Just a little report on Aulani. We stayed a few days then went to a home rented for a week and then back to Aulani for a convention and stayed a couple days extra. 8 nights at Aulani in total. It really is fabulous. The rooms, the lobby, the grounds, the pools. the service, the food, are all great. This is a wonderful place to spend some time. The only negative I would say relates only to the choice of restaurants. The resort restaurants are not many, one high end and one buffet. There is a cafe type of location that has a few tables outside or you take it to your room or table by the pool. If you were staying a week one high end and one expensive buffet can be a problem. There are some restaurants across the street to use for options. The weather was fabulous of course. Nice trip and now look forward to WDW on March 13 for 12 nights. Hope you all have plans to get away.
Shovelling 79cm of snow definitely makes me look forward to our trip more!

Finally booked our tickets with the CAD discount last week with one eye on the start of 2018 looking at flying direct from Charlottetown as per 2016 trip.

The past week snowfall here on PEI has really made us appreciate our break last year right in the midst of winter.

Still debating over dates & times (Fri to Fri with WJ direct so likely 2 weeks) but hoping to do 1 week onsite and then 1 week villa.
Anyone got a starting point for villas (small 2 or 3 bedroom is what we are currently looking at unless our extended family's plans change)
Feel its a bit needle in haystack with very little to distinguish one from another

Always feel Disney goes in cycles for us after the feeling blue post-trip we are heading back into hypothetical planning and excitement stage before decision have to be made and things get real :)

Finally booked our tickets with the CAD discount last week with one eye on the start of 2018 looking at flying direct from Charlottetown as per 2016 trip.

The past week snowfall here on PEI has really made us appreciate our break last year right in the midst of winter.

Still debating over dates & times (Fri to Fri with WJ direct so likely 2 weeks) but hoping to do 1 week onsite and then 1 week villa.
Anyone got a starting point for villas (small 2 or 3 bedroom is what we are currently looking at unless our extended family's plans change)
Feel its a bit needle in haystack with very little to distinguish one from another

Always feel Disney goes in cycles for us after the feeling blue post-trip we are heading back into hypothetical planning and excitement stage before decision have to be made and things get real :)

If the pattern keeps up 2018 should be a nice, tame winter! LOL I wish WJ had direct flights all year, I'm a teacher and usually go in the summer. :) Happy Planning for you!

If the pattern keeps up 2018 should be a nice, tame winter! LOL I wish WJ had direct flights all year, I'm a teacher and usually go in the summer. :) Happy Planning for you!
Tina, Westjet has direct flights year round from Halifax. It's not idea for you but they are Sundays, departing for Orlando at about 1pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!