CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Sorry to piggyback onto another's question, but do you know if it's okay to call and request even if you've reserved through an outside source (Expedia, etc)? My friend insisted on not doing it directly through Universal, so now I'm worried we'll be stuck at the farthest reaches of the resort. :goodvibes

Either way, I'm still super-excited! First time visitor and I'll be there in January! :jumping1:

Sorry to piggyback onto another's question, but do you know if it's okay to call and request even if you've reserved through an outside source (Expedia, etc)? My friend insisted on not doing it directly through Universal, so now I'm worried we'll be stuck at the farthest reaches of the resort. :goodvibes

Either way, I'm still super-excited! First time visitor and I'll be there in January! :jumping1:

You can still call, your reservation will be there.....can’t you put in your requests with Expedia........I don’t know as I’ve never used them before.

You can still call, your reservation will be there.....can’t you put in your requests with Expedia........I don’t know as I’ve never used them before.
I'm not even sure which service she used, to be honest. :confused3 She's very chill about all this and I don't want to bug her with my planning obsession. I did manage to squeeze out that we'll be in a poolview room though, which will be fun!

Yep, just call the main hotel number and put your request in..........you can call anytime and have it added to your reservation.

Thanks! I haven't been to Universal in over 20 years - I'm excited for an all-new experience and can't wait for my mom to see the WWoHP! She's a big fan and I'm so happy to be able to do this with her. :)

Does anyone have recent-ish photos of the grab and go beverage items that shows prices? I have a SIL who drinks chocolate milk in the mornings and DH is picky about brands of beer.
Thanks!!

How is the noise at Cabana Bay? I am looking at the family suites. I know we would not want a pool view. How is the courtyard view? Should we request a high floor so people are not above us? How thin are the walls? I am a light sleeper. Thank yoU!

Just got back from Cabana bay on Saturday, and had a great time!

The suites weren't full, so we got a cheap upgrade and really enjoyed the extra space. It was nice having two sinks and having the shower and toilet separate (though we did think the door to the toilet was at an awkward angle).

The new towers are not next to the lobby, but they are really close to Volcano Bay - the new water park. (And we loved Volcano Bay, so I wouldn't hesitate to stay there!!) But the lower-numbered rooms in Castaway and Starlight will be closest to the check-in desk, and the lower numbered rooms in Continental and Building 5 of Americana will be closest to the restaurant, if that's what you want most. (And that same section of Americana is very close to the bus stop as well.)

Yes, we were in Castaway, and I remember passing the laundry down by the pool - near the center stairs, I think?? It seemed to be a very convenient spot!
How was the noise in the room? IN terms of people above you or next to you? Thanks!

How was the noise in the room? IN terms of people above you or next to you? Thanks!
How is the noise at Cabana Bay? I am looking at the family suites. I know we would not want a pool view. How is the courtyard view? Should we request a high floor so people are not above us? How thin are the walls? I am a light sleeper. Thank yoU!

We recently returned from our stay a Cabana Bay. As to your question about courtyard view, we have booked this twice in the past and twice the 'courtyard view' was the parking lot. Having said that, we have not stayed in the towers so not sure what that would be like but I don't think the rest of the resort has much more than the parking lot, certainly not a lot of foulage.
This visit we stayed in a Family Suite with a pool view. The music could get a little loud but not to the point that it bothered us. For all our visits we were on the second and third floors. We did not find any noise from above or below. Absolutely none. All the rooms we had were connecting and this is where you might find an issue with noise. We only asked for connecting once as we had our son and his family with us. One of the other times we heard no noise at all. On the visit we just got back from there was a few evenings where we heard noise coming from the connecting room. It was a couple of teen siblings and their mom arguing. The argument started outside at the front door and traveled with them into the room. It didn't last long but you knew they were there and not at all happy with each other. No noise from the room on the other side of us at all. If you don't want the noise from the next room make sure you ask for non connecting rooms.
Hope this helps a bit. YMMV.

I've stayed here multiple times and never had an issue with noise. However I've read when people have rooms that face Volcano Bay, the noise from VB can be loud and start very early, definitely heard from rooms. VB has music throughout the park as well as a bell/gong type sound periodically in Waturi Beach at the volcano to let everyone know when the beach changes from waves to no waves. It sounds from park open to park close.

Going to stay at Cabana Bay Resort for the first time next year. Is there a map available that I could print out showing the resort layout? I've checked the web but can't find one. Thanks!!

Hi all. Booked at Cabana bay for aug 22-25. Asked for two connecting rooms for our party of six (my parents don’t want to share a suite and the two bedroom suites are all booked). Any advice on what type of room or what location might be the quietest? We’re not late night folks and we are traveling with kiddos who need their sleep! Willing to upgrade room type if necessary. Thanks!

Hi all. Booked at Cabana bay for aug 22-25. Asked for two connecting rooms for our party of six (my parents don’t want to share a suite and the two bedroom suites are all booked). Any advice on what type of room or what location might be the quietest? We’re not late night folks and we are traveling with kiddos who need their sleep! Willing to upgrade room type if necessary. Thanks!

From what I've been told, only like rooms connect. So either family suite to family suite or standard room to standard room.

You may find the tower parking lot view to be the most quiet.

Going to stay at Cabana Bay Resort for the first time next year. Is there a map available that I could print out showing the resort layout? I've checked the web but can't find one. Thanks!!

When I google cabana bay resort map, a ton of images come up. I suspect there is a way to save and print them, my computer knowledge is not the best! Maybe take a screen shot and print it? There is a link to a map on the first page of this thread but it doesn't have the towers nearest to Volcano Bay - https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3e/16/37/3e16378665261273e7bd8732ce439fb0.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all. We just switched to tower family suites, standard view, after the advice about noise by the pool/volcano bay. Anyone know how long the walk is from the tower rooms to the shuttle bus to the parks? Thanks!

Hi all. We just switched to tower family suites, standard view, after the advice about noise by the pool/volcano bay. Anyone know how long the walk is from the tower rooms to the shuttle bus to the parks? Thanks!

The corridor is long in the towers, so walking time will vary. We were at the very end and it took us under 5 minutes to walk to the shuttle bus. It isn't a big deal at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!