All Star Movies Renovations

Have they done any of the accessible rooms? Due to visit for the first time, June the 20th with a roll in shower room and do love the look of the new style rooms.

Have they done any of the accessible rooms? Due to visit for the first time, June the 20th with a roll in shower room and do love the look of the new style rooms.
I honestly have no idea if they have done any accessible rooms. All I know is they have been working on buildings 9 and 10 (with 10 being worked on first). There may or may not be accessible rooms in those buildings. There haven't been very many rooms finished yet so I'm not sure how likely you are to get a new room.

I can expect people to be disappointed that the renovated rooms are going for a generic theme and won't be themed to the specific buildings that they're in. I get it's more cost efficient. Makes you wonder what they're going to do when it's time to refurb the Art of Animation rooms since those rooms rely so much on theming. However, I do appreciate them addressing some of the issue people had with the renovated POP rooms (particularly the closet storage).

going the first week of Dec in a preferred rm, Does everyone believe the renovations will be done by then.

going the first week of Dec in a preferred rm, Does everyone believe the renovations will be done by then.
I highly doubt they will be completely done by December. They haven't completed a building yet. I think you could have a good chance, though, if you request the Toy Story section since they are working on that area right now.

Haley R. Thanks for the information I guess I will be putting in a request.
Since you still have until December, I would maybe wait to put in your request. You could wait and see if they get more than just Toy Story done.

Question for those that have stayed in a renovated room...based on the video that was posted, it appears that the accessible grab bars have been removed from the bath tub wall...can anyone confirm if they are still there (maybe hidden by the sliding frosted door)?

I'm going the first week of August, have a preferred room booked, and want to request Toy Story section because the kids we are traveling with love those characters. Not getting renovated rooms is NOT a deal breaker for us (that would be a bonus!), but I'd like to make sure that the area won't be terribly obstructed with construction stuff.

Does anyone know what the outside looks like while all of this construction is going on? Can we still explore "Andy's room"?

I can expect people to be disappointed that the renovated rooms are going for a generic theme and won't be themed to the specific buildings that they're in. I get it's more cost efficient. Makes you wonder what they're going to do when it's time to refurb the Art of Animation rooms since those rooms rely so much on theming. However, I do appreciate them addressing some of the issue people had with the renovated POP rooms (particularly the closet storage).

If you don't mind me asking what issues did they address?

When will the Dalmatians building be done? Looking at April 2019. Thanks
That's honestly kind of hard to answer. I think the Pop refurbishment is behind schedule so I almost want to say Movies will be, too, but I don't know for sure. I think all you can do is wait until it's closer and see what has been done.

I'm going the first week of August, have a preferred room booked, and want to request Toy Story section because the kids we are traveling with love those characters. Not getting renovated rooms is NOT a deal breaker for us (that would be a bonus!), but I'd like to make sure that the area won't be terribly obstructed with construction stuff.

Does anyone know what the outside looks like while all of this construction is going on? Can we still explore "Andy's room"?
This is a website showing one or two pictures of construction signs: http://chipandco.com/update-on-all-star-movies-resort-refurbishment-308615/

When we stayed at Pop I remember them doing a really good job about keeping the construction away from guests. We swam at the main swimming pool when they were working on the rooms right next to it and it didn't bother us at all.

When we were there in March, unless you were trying to get into the building they were working on, there was very little evidence of construction work. They were also painting the giant icons of some other buildings at that time. There were some areas blocked off for the lifts they were using for painting but even that was a minor inconvenience.

This is a website showing one or two pictures of construction signs: http://chipandco.com/update-on-all-star-movies-resort-refurbishment-308615/

When we stayed at Pop I remember them doing a really good job about keeping the construction away from guests. We swam at the main swimming pool when they were working on the rooms right next to it and it didn't bother us at all.

Thank you! This is helpful!

When we were there in March, unless you were trying to get into the building they were working on, there was very little evidence of construction work. They were also painting the giant icons of some other buildings at that time. There were some areas blocked off for the lifts they were using for painting but even that was a minor inconvenience.

Thank you so much for your report. I'll go ahead and request the Toy Story section, hope for the best and not worry about it! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter