All Star Movies Renovations

If you don't mind me asking what issues did they address?

From the looks of the vid, there appears to be an additional cubby now on top of the small closet-shelf. In the Pop Century rooms this is blocked off for some reason.

First time at ASM. I leave Wednesday. My mom loves Toy Story, but we did not book a preferred room. Any chances of getting a room in one of these buildings?

First time at ASM. I leave Wednesday. My mom loves Toy Story, but we did not book a preferred room. Any chances of getting a room in one of these buildings?
Not if you didn’t book preferred. You can maybe upgrade when you get there.

Just back from ASMo where we booked a preferred room and were assigned a room in the Fantasia section (5839). Our room was not refurbed but they were working across from us on the Fantasia 2000 rooms facing the pool. Construction noise was minimal (I only heard the occasional "bang" when we were in the pool) and if you looked closely, you could see exposed sheetrock (or its equivalent?) and permits posted in the windows of the second floor wing. Nothing that would negatively impact a stay IMO.

Definitely see why they're refurbing though, our room had definitely been "well-loved" but was fine for the two of us.

Last edited:

Just back from ASMo where we booked a preferred room were assigned a room in the Fantasia section (5839). Our room was not refurbed but they were working across from us on the Fantasia 2000 rooms facing the pool. Construction noise was minimal (I only heard the occasional "bang" when we were in the pool) and if you looked closely, you could see exposed sheetrock (or its equivalent?) and permits posted in the windows of the second floor wing. Nothing that would negatively impact a stay IMO.

Definitely see why they're refurbing though, our room had definitely been "well-loved" but was fine for the two of us.
Did you request a refurb room or did you request Fantasia section? I am staying preferred in Sept and requested Toy Story section. Hopefully they can accomodate.

With 3 little kids is it better to stay on the main level or upper levels? My kids are light sleepers so I am assuming it'll be quieter on the upper level? I have heard the preferred rooms can get noisy....which is making me tempted to downgrade to standard.

Did you request a refurb room or did you request Fantasia section? I am staying preferred in Sept and requested Toy Story section. Hopefully they can accomodate.

With 3 little kids is it better to stay on the main level or upper levels? My kids are light sleepers so I am assuming it'll be quieter on the upper level? I have heard the preferred rooms can get noisy....which is making me tempted to downgrade to standard.

Both! :upsidedow I put Fantasia as my top preference when I did online check-in and called about a week out from our arrival date and asked for a refurbed room (hoping to get both, which was impossible in retrospect). My little ones are grown now but IMO and experience, if you're concerned about noises during naptime, you'll have more issues with doors opening/closing on your wing and the ambient noise of folks walking by talking. I legitimately heard ZERO construction noise when we were in our room, and noise is reasonably minimal at night. HTH!

Just back from ASMo where we booked a preferred room and were assigned a room in the Fantasia section (5839). Our room was not refurbed but they were working across from us on the Fantasia 2000 rooms facing the pool. Construction noise was minimal (I only heard the occasional "bang" when we were in the pool) and if you looked closely, you could see exposed sheetrock (or its equivalent?) and permits posted in the windows of the second floor wing. Nothing that would negatively impact a stay IMO.

Thanks for the update! Was it building 8 that they were working on in the Fantasia section?

What are the chances all preferred rooms are done by December? Right now all that's available for the week I'm looking is a preferred room, which I usually wouldn't spring for, but if it was definitely a refurbished room it might be worth it. We stayed one night here last December and the old rooms are definitely in rough shape.

What are the chances all preferred rooms are done by December? Right now all that's available for the week I'm looking is a preferred room, which I usually wouldn't spring for, but if it was definitely a refurbished room it might be worth it. We stayed one night here last December and the old rooms are definitely in rough shape.
The entire resort is scheduled to be finished by February, so I'd say all the preferred rooms will be done by then.

Checked into refurbed room on the 2nd floor of building 10 (Buzz) last night. The rooms are fabulous. Only cons so far: less drawer space but more shelf space, and kind of inconvenient to have the toilet/shower and sink not separated anymore, but the bathroom itself is so much bigger. If anyone has any specific questions, ask away.

If the bathroom is all one now is there a door to close it off from the rest of the room?

Im hoping so hard to get a refurbished room in early September (we are booked in preferred). We are always in Toy Story when we stay and hope that we are accommodated there again in September!! Im thinking/wondering/hoping by September Building 10/9/8/5 should be done. Really hoping for a refurbished room!!

Checked into refurbed room on the 2nd floor of building 10 (Buzz) last night. The rooms are fabulous. Only cons so far: less drawer space but more shelf space, and kind of inconvenient to have the toilet/shower and sink not separated anymore, but the bathroom itself is so much bigger. If anyone has any specific questions, ask away.

Do you have a shower only room or a tub/shower combo? Also are there grab bars in the tub or shower area? I am travelling with a senior and have a preferred room booked but the pictures I have seen online do not show if there is still the grab bars or not.

Do you have a shower only room or a tub/shower combo? Also are there grab bars in the tub or shower area? I am travelling with a senior and have a preferred room booked but the pictures I have seen online do not show if there is still the grab bars or not.
We stayed in a room with a shower only, no tub, and I don't believe it had any grab bars.

I'm glad you like it so far! Have you used the pull out door in between the shower and sink areas? We used that and it helped when we all needed to get ready at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter