All-Star Resort Question

SupermanJoe

Earning My Ears
I was wondering how easy it is to "lie" about the ages of others you are traveling with. For my trip next March there are going to be 4 of us. 2 are 18 yrs old... and 2 are 19 yrs old. How easy would it be to tell them that the 2 18 yr olds are 17? That way they are looked upon as children and we wouldnt have to pay the extra $20 a day fee! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I guess the real test of how easy it would be to lie about it is your own conscience.

You should remember that Jimminy Cricket is a Disney character,so if you are a little short in the conscience department,maybe he could lend you some.

I am not saying whether you should lie or not, that is up to you, but Disney will not ask for proof of age for any of the people that are booked in the room.

17 year olds are considered adults at Disney hotels. Just pay the extra 20 bucks.

Adults at Disney hotels are considered to be anyone 18 and older. I know this for a fact because I have 18 & 20 yo children and both are considered adults. So now I do have to pay the extra adult fees, which BTW, I think is ridiculous. How does an adult cost any more to stay in the room than a child? My DD when she was about 14-16 took the longest showers you could ever imagine. The cost of the extra hot water is about the only added expense I can figure out and now that she is considered an adult by Disney and I pay the extra fee she takes 10 minute showers!:mad:

Dee...according to my Birnbaum's guide, 17 and up are considered adults and the extra charge applies. :confused: Both of your kids were over 17, so you would have to pay the extra charge.

We gp to WDW every 3-4 months and have done so for many years (we also own a home in FL) and I have never paid the extra adult fee until the kids were 18 yo. Either Birnbaum's book is wrong or CRO is wrong. Knowing Disney and how they get every cent due them (I LOVE Disney don't get me wrong, but it is the truth!), I would be willing to bet Birnbaum's book is wrong. LOL! :)

Interesting Burnbaums (the official guide) does state 17 & older are considered adults. However, if you make a reservation with a 17 they are not charged as an adult (I just "checked it out" on line) they are charge as being a child./junior.

As for lying about ages, that is up to you, as Jiminy would say "let you conscience be your guide."

many hotels charge for anyone over 2 people in a room. Realizing that WDW is a family place and that most rooms would be occupied by families with children Disney has chosen to let children stay for free as some other hotels do. The solution is simple. If you don't want to pay the extra then do not stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter